Thread: What to do about Rep/Senator?

What to do about Rep/Senator?

Here in Arkansas, my Representative (Republican) and both Senators (Democrats) voted for the bailout. One of our Senators (Pryor) is up for re-election this year, and, of course, so is our Representative (Boozman).

Here's my dilemma: I don't know what to do about it. I wrote, complained, etc (and so did many others), and they still voted for it.

They are both running virtually unopposed. No Democrat is running against Boozman, and no Republican is running against Pryor. Candidates from the Green Party are running against them, but they are just as bad, if not worse. (in other words, even if I succumbed to a "protest vote against x," and the person I voted for actually won, it would be worse than the incumbent winning.)

Any ideas on things that can be done to speak up about this? We're not one of the states where you can kick your Senator out.

So, besides continuing to bug the crap out of them, is there anything else I can do?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel your pain as I am from Arkansas also. I'm a UCA student in Conway. I wrote my representative (Vic Snyder) and both senators. I have not received a reply and do not expect one. I can never bring myself to vote for any of the "representatives" we currently have. I guess one has to hope the Green Party candidates would at least listen to the people, and vote for them in November...?? I am also at a loss as to what to do, other than try to run for office for the next election...

At least we didn't sit by and do nothing. Maybe someone else has an idea for us? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post
    Here in Arkansas, my Representative (Republican) and both Senators (Democrats) voted for the bailout. One of our Senators (Pryor) is up for re-election this year, and, of course, so is our Representative (Boozman).

Here's my dilemma: I don't know what to do about it. I wrote, complained, etc (and so did many others), and they still voted for it.

They are both running virtually unopposed. No Democrat is running against Boozman, and no Republican is running against Pryor. Candidates from the Green Party are running against them, but they are just as bad, if not worse. (in other words, even if I succumbed to a "protest vote against x," and the person I voted for actually won, it would be worse than the incumbent winning.)

Any ideas on things that can be done to speak up about this? We're not one of the states where you can kick your Senator out.

So, besides continuing to bug the crap out of them, is there anything else I can do?
    Luckily, Representitives can only hold a two year term until re-election. If you haven't, (I'm sure you have) but join the Campaign for Liberty and use every resource you have at your disposal to either run against him/her. Or bug the crap out of your spouse or friend who may be better wualified to do so.
    Elections are the only way to change things. Protest, petitions, emails, phone calls do very very little to influence others to vote for change.
    Considering that Bush has destroyed the GOP, and the Democrats have gone into outerspace, I don't see see how voting this year for the Green Party, could be any worse. At least, if the Green party stands by their agreement with the CFL, there will at least be someone in your area, voting in Washington on the side of the CFL.

You know what your going to get with the Republicrats...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post

Here's the tough medicine. There aren't enough of us for you to have any power to do anything about it. You can complain all you want. All your allies are miles away and can't help you.

Consider joining the Free State Project so that you can have people to back you up...enough people to actually do something and make a difference. And more are on the way. That's hope.
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Yeah, do this.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdman2luv View Post
    Luckily, Representitives can only hold a two year term until re-election. If you haven't, (I'm sure you have) but join the Campaign for Liberty and use every resource you have at your disposal to either run against him/her. Or bug the crap out of your spouse or friend who may be better wualified to do so.
    Elections are the only way to change things. Protest, petitions, emails, phone calls do very very little to influence others to vote for change.
    Considering that Bush has destroyed the GOP, and the Democrats have gone into outerspace, I don't see see how voting this year for the Green Party, could be any worse. At least, if the Green party stands by their agreement with the CFL, there will at least be someone in your area, voting in Washington on the side of the CFL.

You know what your going to get with the Republicrats...
    Go ahead and vote for the Green candidate if that is your only other choice, but try and get a better GOP candidate in a couple of years.

Its going to take awhile to multiply your numbers anyway.

Petitions are weak, but your vote is probably just as weak.
    What you need to do is to duplicate yourself (educate and recruit others).

If you enlighten even one other person, you've doubled your numbers!

If you're so discouraged you can't recruit even a small group to sustain you and you're about to give up then, yeah, go join the Free State Project like Porcupine suggests.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.C. S. Lewis

I voted for Bob Barr. And I still, after several months, don't feel like I wasted my vote.

Stick a fork in the GOP, there done!!!