Thread: The most effective protest imaginable

The most effective protest imaginable

In Theory, the most effective protest would be to withdraw your money in cash.
    Each "dollar" pulled takes 10 dollars in credit out of the system.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Roger that!

Pull funds from all systems, banks and stock market.

If anyone has an IRA or 401k, simply move the money out of stocks or mutual fund but leave it in the account. Watch the bankers $#@! after that.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I think you might want to reconsider putting thoughts like that into writing. I think it could theoretically get you in trouble with the "authorities".

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine23 View Post
    Even if 1% RP supporters do that, it will not cause any effects.

Hmmm...

More effective would be to buy precious metals. apmex.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmistad View Post
    Even if 1% RP supporters do that, it will not cause any effects.
    Those who would wish to have a workable sum of cash on hand are not limited to Ron Paul supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine23 View Post
    Not if what they are saying about the details of the bailout are true. Up/down to zero reserves. They anticipated a run on the banks, I guess.

I've already done my part.

P.S. We did it long ago for our own reasons, having nothing to do with a protest.
    Last edited by freelance; 09-28-2008 at 10:40 AM.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post
    I think you might want to reconsider putting thoughts like that into writing. I think it could theoretically get you in trouble with the "authorities".
    You notice I said in theory....
    I am not advocating anyone do so, nor am I spreading rumors about the fundamentally sound banking system.

I am only saying that in theory, a personal and peaceful protest could be made against this, and it would be more effective than sign waving.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post

Yeah, It got some in trouble in China this week:

Man arrested for online rumours about Hong Kong bank's stability
    12 hours ago

source

HONG KONG (AFP) — A Hong Kong man has been arrested for spreading rumours on the Internet that one of the city's banks was in financial trouble and a run against it was likely, police said Sunday.

The 34-year-old was arrested after posting the accusation in an online forum calling on people to take out their deposits from the bank, Hong Kong police said in a statement.

Police would not reveal the name of the financial institution in the message linked to the man's arrest, but said it had nothing to do with the Bank of East Asia (BEA), the South China Morning Post reported.

BEA suffered a run from savers on Wednesday on the back of text message rumours that it was overexposed to assets backed by failed bank Lehman Brothers and troubled insurance giant AIG.

The man has been arrested on suspicion of accessing a computer with dishonest or criminal intent and could face up to five years in prison if convicted.

Police have arrested 11 people across the territory in the past week on suspicion of spreading rumours that AIG was about to sell its Asian subsidiary AIA Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Yeah, It got some in trouble in China this week:
    Well, I am not spreading rumors that a particular bank nor indeed the entire banking system is unsound.

I am merely postulating on what would be the most effective, legal and peaceful
    protest imaginable.

I think a congresscritter would be more likely to vote no, should they hear the likely actions of their constituents....

Could a stunt like that possibly backfire on our cause? I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but we should really explore all possible outcomes before assuming that the one we hope for will be what happens.

If I can eliminate any negative backfirings, I would gladly pull my money from the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Pull funds from all systems, banks and stock market.

If anyone has an IRA or 401k, simply move the money out of stocks or mutual fund but leave it in the account. Watch the bankers $#@! after that.
    Moved out of mutual fund 3 weeks ago into cash account. Now looking for self-directed gold ira and a bank with swiss francs.!

Try GoldStar IRA.
    --
    You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you. -- Eric Hoffer

Refuse to work for any company that practices withholding.

Work in the cash economy.

Trade silver, hold gold.
    This used to be a free system.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.