Thread: Huge spike in gold price on 9/26?

Huge spike in gold price on 9/26?

There was a momentary spike in PM price yesterday. Anyone have any clue what happened? It came down, probably PPT in damage control action:

Cheers,
    mark...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who knows?

Some big player executed a single BIG buy and the new high price triggered someone's standing sell order? Just a guess. I don't know how that stuff works. But I think I know what I NEED to know - where it MUST go in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    silver had pretty much the same graph
    yes but the day before and it was a bigger spike
    just at the same time. Manipulation is all around us.

the US dollar index fell pretty sharply, when you got the spike in gold.

gold tends to trade opposite to the US dollar, so then the dollar falls, gold goes up.

but the dollar stopped falling, and it turned around, so gold turned back down also.

so whenever you get these sharp drops in the dollars, people rush into gold, but when the dollar index turns around, people don't need the gold anymore. so i just think it was a bit of an overreaction in gold... and it settled back down.

but one of these days, the dollar will keep falling, and gold will keep rising, and that spike will continue to go higher and higher.

and it was only about a $30 spike. that's a pretty big spike, but not huge. probably just a lot of nervous people.

Another thought...like Colombo...and then I really will leave for Staples.

It MUST be done by Friday.

Stare into your television, give yourself over to your television. Shhhh, relax. There is no need to panic. Watch the clownish commentators and repeat after me...

Big Boys had bets out. The Players in Washington, like the other Players who are hoarding their money, know EXACTLY how THEY'RE gonna invest their PERSONAL boupcoup bucks the moment the gullible American people buy up all the toxic waste.

That's kindofa running theme with them, is it not? Not wanting to clean up after themselves?

The Players have all the money, and they're all waiting for someone to make a move. The earliest movers take the biggest risks. That said, try to buy Microsoft stock today. A day late and a dollar short is oh so apt in the Boardroom.

The Players...the handful of men who hold nearly a quarter of the world's wealth...want the American people to take the short straw. $#@! 'em.

I swear before God and on my personal honor that among the things I have learned in more than half a century on this planet is that, if you aren't personally acquainted with Conscienceless Uber Rich up close and personal, you do not understand the nature of your adversary.

And another thing:

WHO IS MAKING MONEY
    TRADING CURRENCIES?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.