Thread: Hyper Inflation

Exclamation Hyper Inflation

Would it even be possible to see hyper inflation in the US. Or do you think the central bankers have enough power to prevent that from happening ?

I've been really worried about the US going through a period of hyper inflation (similar to Argentina) but not sure if it's even feasible with collusion from all the central banks.

What do yall think ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    also wanted to quickly add .. with baby boomers retiring you can bet a lot of money will be getting pulled out of the stock market

Remember

The Central banks have a lot of power. But they don't have the power to change the laws of economics. And they can't create wealth. They can steal wealth. They can transfer wealth. They can destroy wealth. They can create money. But they can't create wealth.

In the end, the exchange value of money will be set by supply and demand. As commerce slows down, the demand for money goes down. Meanwhile, the Fed and the government are hellbent on creating as much new money as possible in every way possible. Even if the bailout fails, they will find another way. And the result, no matter what manipulations, price controls, collusions, and treacheries they undertake, will be inflation.

as powerful as the bankers are.... the market is more powerful.

ultimately, the markets will win out, and economic law cannot be changed.

if they print money, the value of money goes down. and since it appears they will never stop printing money, and considering how much they are printing, and how much they will have to print... hyperinflation is inevitable.

They don't really print the billions and trillions they speak off. They just manipulate some 1s and 0s in computers. Prices may go up but I don't think we'll see hyperinflation like other nations have seen simply because all of that money doesn't exist anywhere.

I could be wrong though. People still should buy water, top ramen and viennas and any ammo you can still pick up. If you don't have a shotgun, get one.

Quote Originally Posted by kaberUSA View Post
    Would it even be possible to see hyper inflation in the US. Or do you think the central bankers have enough power to prevent that from happening ?

I've been really worried about the US going through a period of hyper inflation (similar to Argentina) but not sure if it's even feasible with collusion from all the central banks.

What do yall think ?
    Why don't you read this article. It all depends on your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kaberUSA View Post
    Would it even be possible to see hyper inflation in the US.
    Well, we've already been through it 2 times in our history. Not only is it possible, I think it is very probable once foreigners stop buying our debt and dump their dollars--not to mention the fact that the government has a lot liabilities they'll have to pay for, last I checked, the numbers was around 100 trillion dollars...

Or do you think the central bankers have enough power to prevent that from happening ?
    They probably could, but why would they? After all, they'd be the ones who caused hyperinflation if it ever happens. Every policy maker thinks deflation is the worst thing in the world, so if it comes down to hyperinflation vs. deflation, they'll take hyperinflation.

I think the central banks have enough power to intentionally allow hyperinflation to happen. They love you so much. Awww.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnReconstructed View Post
    They don't really print the billions and trillions they speak off. They just manipulate some 1s and 0s in computers. Prices may go up but I don't think we'll see hyperinflation like other nations have seen simply because all of that money doesn't exist anywhere.

I could be wrong though. People still should buy water, top ramen and viennas and any ammo you can still pick up. If you don't have a shotgun, get one.
    I just had another guy in another forum say that he already has guns, and therefore sees no reason to stock up on supplies.

If you look at the accelerated growth of the national debt, there can only be hyperinflation in our future. There would be no need for printing more money if there were no debt. The only way to stop it is to cut spending.

Quote Originally Posted by UnReconstructed View Post

It doesn't matter if they print them or not. If it is added to the system via a computer, it is still going to cause inflation. The amount of printed money has nothing to do with inflation. It is the amount of created money in the system regardless of the way they did it. (printing press or computer)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I just had another guy in another forum say that he already has guns, and therefore sees no reason to stock up on supplies.
    If you're a really good hunter, that's about all you'd need since you can trade meat for whatever else you need. Probably not what that guy was talking about though, eh?
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Hummm. maybe he plans on suicide by trespass.

interesting viewpoints. Common logic would suggest to us that these bankers would want to make sure the US doesn't default or goes through a period of hyper inflation. But if we go into hyperinflation it will be a lot easier to pay down the debt. But would the world let us do that? It seems like even China's monetary power is being weakened especially with this 800 billion dollar bailout. It took China almost a decade by producing tremendous amounts of products and durable good to amass a trillion dollars worth of US treasuries and congress is going to create 800 billion over night.

I think most Chinese companies must be looking at ways to diversify there reliance on the US economy. Kind of reminds me the position Frito Lay in is with Walmart. Read somewhere that a good chunk of Frito Lay's business is just with walmart and Walmart is giving them a lot of problems on pricing.

was reading around and found this, it's pretty interesting..

http://mises.org/journals/scholar/oberholster.pdf
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Hyper inflation could only happen if China finds new buyers and they drop our dollars all at once. Rather, I think the demand transition will slowly move from us, it won't be drastic and all at once.

We'll continue to experience inflation and then some extreme inflation from time to time, but I just don't see Zimbabwe style hyper inflation as something in our future. We are much more important to the rest of the world than Zimbabwe and we will still consume for a very long time as there still is some wealth here yet. It will gradually diminish but not overnight.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Hyper inflation could only happen if China finds new buyers and they drop our dollars all at once. Rather, I think the demand transition will slowly move from us, it won't be drastic and all at once.

We'll continue to experience inflation and then some extreme inflation from time to time, but I just don't see Zimbabwe style hyper inflation as something in our future. We are much more important to the rest of the world than Zimbabwe and we will still consume for a very long time as there still is some wealth here yet. It will gradually diminish but not overnight.
    True, I've heard up they've bought a lot of Mexico. I wonder how they even make money in manafacturing. Isn't that industry supposed to be super corrupt