Thread: OMG! turn On C-SPAN2 Sen Robert Byrd (D-WV) Human Vegetable speech on BAILOUT Pkg!!!

Arrow OMG! turn On C-SPAN2 Sen Robert Byrd (D-WV) Human Vegetable speech on BAILOUT Pkg!!!

This is the leadership in America?

How the HELL does this Ex-KKK man, repeatedly get re-elected? West Virginians?

here's the live feed from C-SPAN2 internet feed:

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx

Talk about disfunctional going on politicial INSTINCT.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-26-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what America has become. What an embarrassment.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I missed it. What did he say?

Are they voting on an actual bill or just voting to put it forward for a vote? Which bill is this? This isn't the 700b thing.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Looks like he'll probably vote for it, but he'll push for it to include a provision for congressional oversight. He's already introduced a plan for $52 billion "stimulus package".

BYRD'S EYE VIEW: Wall Street in Turmoil

From the Desk of U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-WV

The shock waves storming through our financial markets and the resulting impact on our economy, and on everyday Americans, have left many citizens deeply anxious and justifiably angry. I share those feelings.

Company names like Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, and AIG -- names that have stood for stability to the investing public for many years -- have been shaken from their very foundations, causing turmoil on Wall Street and throughout the world’s financial markets.

What is the average West Virginian to make of all this? I wish I could say that this will all blow over in a few days, but it will not. What are we to do? Fortunately, within our FDIC system, there are government financial guarantees in place protecting deposit and retirement accounts. A few websites you can visit to obtain more information are: www.fdic.gov, www.federalreserve.gov, and www.occ.treas.gov. Your questions also may be answered toll free by the FDIC Call Center at 877-275-3342.

In hopes of averting further erosion of our financial markets and to help stabilize the economy, the Bush Administration has responded with a request to Congress to place $700 billion – that is BILLION – in the hands of one government official to spend without review by any court or agency!

Congress must not rush to judgment on this proposal. We need to take a good, hard, close look at this request and carefully weigh its consequences, for the short and long terms for our economy, for our families, and for our government. The Constitutional system of checks and balances in our government must be preserved and not suddenly surrendered in the midst of misunderstood panic.

The request for such unchecked authority is shocking, and the price tag is so staggering, that if approved, our national debt as a percentage of our gross domestic product (GDP) would rise to its highest level since 1954, a time when we were still paying for World War II. Moreover, our federal budget deficit could approach an unfathomable $1 trillion for a single fiscal year. This could force draconian cuts in almost every federal domestic program and might further hinder economic recovery for people on Main Street.

The poison seeds of this calamity – deregulation and lax enforcement – have been sown over the past eight years by the same Administration that proposes this disturbing remedy. One thing is certain as we move forward with efforts to restore confidence in our financial markets - there must be greater, not less, Congressional oversight of our overwhelmingly complex financial systems and the government entities that oversee and regulate them.
    http://www.huntingtonnews.net/column...dseyeview.html
    Last edited by Spirit of '76; 09-26-2008 at 10:14 AM.

HA HAAAA!!! My favorite senator!!! Seriously, people...he has a long history of dramatic speeches. I've mentioned it before, but look up his "barbaric" speech on YouTube. CLASSIC.
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

WooHoo!

SENATE's $56.2 BILLION dollar Economic Recovery BILL aka STIMULUS II has FAILED in VOTE! Byrd/Reid Economic Bill...

Do you believe Tales from the Crypt, Senator Robert Byrd is the Senate Appropriations Chairman? UNBELIEVEABLE!

GO AHEAD... SPEND SPEND SPEND like there's NO END! ALL YOUR CAREERS are in jeopary Senators, now that the Charade is up!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-26-2008 at 10:39 AM.

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    WooHoo!

SENATE's $56.2 BILLION dollar Economic Recovery BILL aka STIMULUS II has FAILED in VOTE! Byrd/Reid Economic Bill...

Do you believe Tales from the Crypt, Senator Robert Byrd is the Senate Appropriations Chairman? UNBELIEVEABLE!

GO AHEAD... SPEND SPEND SPEND like there's NO END! ALL YOUR CAREERS are in jeopary Senators, no that the Charade is up!
    I doubt he's going to seek reelection. If he doesn't die first, he'll step down, citing health reasons, and the democrat machine in this state will find someone to replace him. Probably our current governor...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does Byrd keep getting re-elected? Because he brings home the bacon...he is the pork King according to Citizens Against Government Waste cagw.org

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    How does Byrd keep getting re-elected? Because he brings home the bacon...he is the pork King according to Citizens Against Government Waste cagw.org
    maybe he's the one who knows about putting lipstick on a pig?
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Yep. Around here you can drive down the Robert C. Byrd Appalachian Highway System to drop your kids off at Robert C. Byrd High School on your way to your job at the Robert C. Byrd Institute just across the Robert C. Byrd Bridge...

I wish there were more people like Ron Paul who engages in ideas than personal attacks.

Sen Byrd is perhaps misguided and ill informed on free markets and monetary policy, but like Dr Paul he is one of the very few vociferous critics of the Iraq war. Bringing up the KKK thing takes away from the legitimate dissing of his current foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    I wish there were more people like Ron Paul who engages in ideas than personal attacks.

Sen Byrd is perhaps misguided and ill informed on free markets and monetary policy, but like Dr Paul he is one of the very few vociferous critics of the Iraq war. Bringing up the KKK thing takes away from the legitimate dissing of his current foolishness.
    True.

aka Chairman of the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee.

boy is the Legislative Branch screwed up.

Senator Byrd has a Physican with portable Defibulator travel with him!

How about that HEALTHCARE plan!

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

bar....... ba...ri..ccc............droooolllllllll........... .snorrr.......bar..baric
    what a freakshow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathans View Post
    bar....... ba...ri..ccc............droooolllllllll........... .snorrr.......bar..baric
    what a freakshow.
    Check out the Pokemon version on YoutTube...that is something to behold!

SAVE BUNCHIES!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Yep. Around here you can drive down the Robert C. Byrd Appalachian Highway System to drop your kids off at Robert C. Byrd High School on your way to your job at the Robert C. Byrd Institute just across the Robert C. Byrd Bridge...
    They still don't have a Dental Clinic in Byrd's name!

West Virginians... the 'Dentally Disabled of America'

then again,

IGNORANCE is BLISS!

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

*Sigh*

He doesn't represent every West Virginian..

It's annoying.
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    *Sigh*

He doesn't represent every West Virginian..

It's annoying.
    Ha, ha...well, I know that, neighbor!

*waves from PA*

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Hopefully, his constituents will remove him before he erects a monument dedicated to himself, e.g. his effigy carved into a mountainside of beautiful West Virginia.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 09-26-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    They still don't have a Dental Clinic in Byrd's name!

West Virginians... the 'Dentally Disabled of America'
    Ease up there, slugger.

Quote Originally Posted by tpreitzel View Post
    Hopefully, his constituents will remove him before he erects a monument dedicated to himself, e.g. his effigy carved into a mountainside of beautiful West Virginia.
    There's a larger-than-life bronze statue of him in the state capitol.

Other Byrd Projects

Robert C. Byrd Drive, from Beckley to Sophia (Byrd's hometown)
    Robert C. Byrd National Technology Transfer Center at Wheeling Jesuit University
    Robert C. Byrd Highway
    Robert C. Byrd Federal Correctional Institution
    Robert C. Byrd High School
    Robert C. Byrd Freeway
    Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality and Tourism
    Robert C. Byrd Science Center

Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center of West VirginiaRobert C. Byrd Cancer Research Center Robert C. Byrd Technology Center at Alderson-Broaddus College
    Robert C. Byrd Hardwood Technologies Center, near Princeton Robert C. Byrd Bridge between Huntington and Chesapeake, Ohio Robert C. Byrd addition to the lodge at Oglebay Park, Wheeling Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Pine Grove Robert C. Byrd Honors ScholarshipsRobert C. Byrd Expressway, U.S. 52 near Weirton Robert C. Byrd Institute in Charleston Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing Robert C. Byrd Visitor Center at Harpers Ferry National Historic Park Robert C. Byrd Federal CourthouseRobert C. Byrd Academic and Technology CenterRobert C. Byrd United Technical CenterRobert C. Byrd Federal Building (there are two)Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office ComplexRobert C. Byrd Library and Robert C. Byrd Learning Resource CenterRobert C. Byrd Rural Health CenterRobert C. Byrd Clinical Addition to the veteran's hospital in Huntington
    Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park, Hardy County
    Robert C. Byrd Scholastic Recognition Award
    Robert C. Byrd Community Center in the naval station, Sugar Grove
    Robert C. Byrd Clinic at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
    Robert C. Byrd Biotechnology Science Center at Marshall University

"L'etat, c'est Moi": Words from the King
    "Having the title [of Appropriations chairman] is fine, but not having the money is sobering." Prior to the vote on President Bush's tax cut in 2001, Byrd made one last attempt to blackmail his fellow senators with pork from the well of the Senate: "Let me say to my colleagues, if you vote for this budget conference report, don't come to the appropriations watering hole. It is not that I would not love to help you, but you are going to make it impossible." He also sent his colleagues a letter reiterating his threats. "One man's pork is another man's job. Pork has been good investment in West Virginia. You can look around and see what I've done." Remarks made March 15, 2001 during Senate floor debate. "West Virginia has always had four friends," Byrd said, "God Almighty, Sears Roebuck, Carter's Liver Pills, and Robert C. Byrd." "It is often overlooked that as chairman of the Appropriations Committee, I was instrumental in assisting all of the states in the union with mass transit, highways, waterways, sewerage, education '' he said. "I worked to serve the national interests. Of course West Virginia, as one of the 50 states, benefited, but few states have needed more help.""When I was a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates 51 years ago, West Virginia had four miles of divided highway,'' he said. "Four miles.'' Today the state has about 37,000 miles of highway. Given CAGW's long history of chronicling and criticizing Byrd's prolific spending, CAGW was not surprised when he contemptuously referred to the group as "a bunch of peckerwoods" on National Public Radio in the summer of 2001. Remember, this is the same man who said "you might as well slap my wife as take away my highway money." That must be especially true regarding the Robert C. Byrd Highway.In an interview with George magazine, December/January 2001, about loan guarantees for steel companies, Sen. Byrd claimed that "he has no apologies to make" to the American people for the more than $1 billion in taxpayer money he has wasted. And said, "Run me over, that's all right, but tell the good speaker that I'm not dropping anything."

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?..._byrddroppings