Thread: Catalog Homes!

Exclamation Catalog Homes!

Back in the day you use to be able to order a house complete with instructions and ALL materials through a Sears Catalog! have it shipped to your address and built on site. How cool was that!!!!

http://www.searsarchives.com/homes/1908-1914.htm

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My dad grew up in one, and I'm sure it's still there, south of Chicago. It's a very nice home... maybe a little small by today's standards, but nice and cozy. My grandfather built it, and I think he had added on to it a couple times with a big 3 season porch on the front and an extended kitchen/dining room in the back. In the closet in the upstairs bedroom, you could see the Sears stamp and how all the different pieces were numbered so you could figure out how to put it together.

By the way, you can still order houses from various places, but I think they're mostly plastic and are delivered prefabricated.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

That's really cool, thanks for posting.

Anyone know how these kit prices scale to current $? I wonder if they have stayed fixed relative to gold?