Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not the best name for it

Constituent-

You could be using what I'm saying to assist your effort.

Or you could try and deny that I'm speaking honestly and that I'm actually betraying myself.

If you would like to have a little bit more public support for this project, I strongly suggest completely scrapping the title "slave uprising".

Because the only thing thats keeping me from being a part of it, as it stands. And no, I'm not asking you to demand anything be done, or asking the project to stop, or new domains be registered, I'm just telling you what I think.

I don't understand why it is so hard for you to accept. I'm unwilling to join this project for stated reason. You would rather argue with me than attempt to solve this problem or work out a way to ease my (and others')aversion towards the project.

And no, I don't need to go to some other forum with a prettier name to tell you what I think about this name :P. Seriously, I'm done here. You can listen to me or not, I'm not going to try and get in your way and stop this and I'm not going to try and promote it either. If the name was changed, then I might actually think about being part of a project that I feel isn't impaired from the start.

Consider that my input.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykzo View Post
    I don't understand why it is so hard for you to accept.
    I have no problem accepting it. In fact, acceptance is precisely what i've been showing you all along. If you don't like the idea, move on. Help with one of the other projects, or don't. But please quit wasting my time having to refute your non-sense.

Simply move on.

No hard feelings.

I'm unwilling to join this project for stated reason.
    Cool, no hard feelings.

You would rather argue with me than attempt to solve this problem
    What would solve the problem for you Jaykzo?

If the name were changed would you suddenly be active in promoting/developing or donating?

Or would you maybe suddenly be active?

My guess, you wouldn't have been active either way. Even if i stood on my head to appease you (as i've already done, i see how much thanks it's gotten me).

[as a side note to readers: don't bother trying to please everyone, let alone anyone. if you do, they'll only damn what they don't like and ignore what they do]

So it goes, no hard feelings.

or work out a way to ease my (and others')aversion towards the project.
    Hey, it's been tried, but you're not actually interested in that. No, in fact, you're more interested in griping and moaning about this project than helping to develop the others.

Again, you inaction betrays your intentions

And no, I don't need to go to some other forum with a prettier name to tell you what I think about this name :P.
    Who said you did? Making stuff up again out of whole clothe to support your argument?

Seriously, I'm done here. You can listen to me or not, I'm not going to try and get in your way and stop this
    Great, that's all i've been asking for all along. If you don't support the project, don't.

and I'm not going to try and promote it either.
    Frankly, if you don't get it, I'd rather you didn't promote it. That's just speaking for me though, and i'm only one small part of the project.

If you don't like the project, don't help... it's whatever man.

If the name was changed, then I might actually think about being part of a project that I feel isn't impaired from the start.
    "might" "think about"

Then why should I care?

That said, to suit you and others, the name has been changed, patriotuprising.com

Yet you don't seem to be helping out with that either.

Again, your inactions betray your intentions.

Consider that my input.
    Griping? yes.

Moaning? yes.

Armchair Quarterbacking? Most certainly

Input? indisputably not.
    Last edited by constituent; 09-28-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you would like to have a little bit more public support for this project, I strongly suggest completely scrapping the title "slave uprising".

Because the only thing thats keeping me from being a part of it, as it stands.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    ha ha this thread is hilarious..

heres my input:

i like the name... when i heard it i thought it sounded powerful, emotional... i also thought, "hmmmm i wonder what black people will think of all that" so i do understand others hesitation with the name.

HOWEVER - when the original project was announced, if you didn't immediately jump in and start helping/donating/whatever then you don't have the right to tell anyone the name isn't your preference. i agree 100% with constituent and i don't think anyone whos not working on this project has the right to complain about the name. and should go make their own website..

. sure maybe there should be two groups, patriot uprising and slave uprising, people can join one or both groups, wear one or both wristbands it doesn't really effing matter. what matters is

were all fighting for the same damn thing, so either join, make your own group, or shut the hell up

How about Sheeple Intifada?

heavenlyboy34,
    you have always been a little more "in your face" than I if i recall correctly, so i see where you and I might have different rubrics for determining what is passionate and what is radicalism.

I think your right about the intentions of the people who are against the name, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This is one organization of dozens and dozens, in the grand scheme of things one org that does not sugar coat things might be okay.

Decentralization rocks. Thats what makes us teflon, to the COINTELPRO. WTF are they gonna target? there are more leaders in this movement than there are agents in Quantico. Every day some one takes the reigns on a new project. Decentralization is working fantastically for us, but theres always gotta be some level of organization. Theres always gotta be that midnight rider.

My 2 cents:

I don't like the name. I think it's too anti-establishment to pique the average person's interest. In fact, I haven't even visited the sub-forum yet because I was a little turned off by it. If you are looking to recruit within the established Ron Paul supporters, then fine. But if you are trying to expand your net a little more, I'd strongly suggest changing the title. Very simple marketing concept.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    . sure maybe there should be two groups, patriot uprising and slave uprising, people can join one or both groups, wear one or both wristbands it doesn't really effing matter. what matters is

were all fighting for the same damn thing, so either join, make your own group, or shut the hell up
    hehe

I love the name. I am able to understand the symbolism and it's perfect in my opinion.

another thing:

a way to avoid the "extremist" label is to adjust your message depending on who you talk to about it.

JMHO.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact. Unfortunately, the name Slave Uprising really doesn't do it. I suppose it's fine as an indicator of who's in the movement or not, but it's far too aggressive a name to get any traction with the unpersuaded populace.

You say it's too late to change, and I believe you. I'm left debating whether I want to wear that band around and having to explain to people why I'm advocating a "slave uprising."

This maybe a good concept (I haven't read the particulars yet) but it's a stupid name. Nobody will take it seriously. People walking around wearing "slave" arm bands will look like retards, and will be subject of mucho ridicule. Just off the top of my head, "New Sons Of Liberty" would be a far better choice.
    Last edited by DFF; 09-29-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    This maybe a good concept (I haven't read the particulars yet) but it's a stupid name. Nobody will take it seriously. People walking around wearing "slave" arm bands will look like retards, and will be subject of mucho ridicule. Just off the top of my head, "New Sons Of Liberty" would be a far better choice.
    do it!
    Last edited by constituent; 09-29-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnagogue View Post
    Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact. Unfortunately, the name Slave Uprising really doesn't do it. I suppose it's fine as an indicator of who's in the movement or not, but it's far too aggressive a name to get any traction with the unpersuaded populace.

You say it's too late to change, and I believe you. I'm left debating whether I want to wear that band around and having to explain to people why I'm advocating a "slave uprising."
    here is the goal

$#@! Constituent!

Jefferson Starship?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    $#@! Constituent!

Jefferson Starship?
    hahahaha, yea, until someone comes up w/ something to redeem them from this song

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    hahahaha, yea, until someone comes up w/ something to redeem them from this song
    Not the Starship I remember.

Splintering off into myriad groups is scarcely good advice. We really need to work together if we intend to have any impact.
    I disagree, there are certain entities that embrace certain ideologies, that operate in a decentralized fashion. They understand their ideology, and they know they're mission and in order to evade authorities, they operate on their own, or in small groups, and go months and even years without any correspondence with the amorphous and vague central organization. They come up with their own plans, and activities, and execute them at their own discretion for the good of their cause.

These entities make good use of this relatively decentralized structure. Every few months for the past 6 years several new leaders crop up every time one is neutralized, and the efforts to contain and neutralize this organization has cost governments billions upon billions of dollars.

Using the same organizational structure, but with a peaceful approach, our movement could touch the sky.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by revolutionman View Post
    I disagree, there are certain entities that embrace certain ideologies, that operate in a decentralized fashion. They understand their ideology, and they know they're mission and in order to evade authorities, they operate on their own, or in small groups, and go months and even years without any correspondence with the amorphous and vague central organization. They come up with their own plans, and activities, and execute them at their own discretion for the good of their cause.

These entities make good use of this relatively decentralized structure. Every few months for the past 6 years several new leaders crop up every time one is neutralized, and the efforts to contain and neutralize this organization has cost governments billions upon billions of dollars.

Using the same organizational structure, but with a peaceful approach, our movement could touch the sky.
    Peaceful indeed.

i certainly hope so Mr. Lowry. I get upset some times, but at the end of the day, there are just too many creative, ways to be disobedient in a civil way to advocate violence, not to mention the moral objections I have to violence not used in self defense. I would not support a violent revolution. Let our adversaries be the ones to look like barbarians on the world stage.

Americas willingness to cheer for the underdog, the compassion, and the charitable nature of the people will see us through more confrontations than firearms and ammunition ever could. We must now and forever remain the innocent victim of the cruel and corrupt system. the minute we cease to be innocent, we lose the benefit of the doubt, and the moral high ground.

No I like slaveuprising.com. I think the name has impact and I know peeps in the Ron Paul R3volution and Freedom Movement will support it.

This has youth appeal and it is hard hitting. Freethinkers will like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12