Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would happen if the USA went bankrupt?

I agree. They know exactly what they're doing. None of this is happening on accident.
    CNN = Communist News Network

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    If the government can't pay its bureaucrats, who takes you to jail exactly? Who pays the guards in the jail?

What I'm saying is, when the Soviet Union collapsed, some of the states broke off and became very free. Others stayed in Russia proper. Others broke off and stayed in corrupt communism. How do we ensure that we have a state that could be governed freely?
    Fiery leaders and education. We need millions of dollars to get out the message. The CFL ain't doing it, so someone needs to set it up. Someone needs to be out there gathering as many funds as we can muster and start distributing pamphlets/handbills to educate the people about the crisis, and broadcasting television ads, and have some leader who can inspire in the front of it all. Ron Paul might do, but he probably wouldn't be willing (and might not be able), Jesse Ventura doesn't strike me as someone who knows enough, and Adam Kokesh's expertise is the war, but he seems like the best we got.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Join The Paul Side View Post
    I agree. They know exactly what they're doing. None of this is happening on accident.
    My question was what are you going to do about it (besides talk on the internet).

What I'm saying is, when the Soviet Union collapsed, some of the states broke off and became very free. Others stayed in Russia proper. Others broke off and stayed in corrupt communism. How do we ensure that we have a state that could be governed freely?
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    Fiery leaders and education. We need millions of dollars to get out the message.
    Is the problem the message or is the problem that people don't want to hear/don't agree with the message? I think it's the latter.

someone needs to set it up.
    Someone? It's your idea. Hop to it

distributing pamphlets/handbills to educate the people about the crisis,
    You need other people around you to help you do that. Do you have anyone to help?

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Is the problem the message or is the problem that people don't want to hear/don't agree with the message? I think it's the latter.
    I think it is that not too many people have been exposed to it for long enough.

Someone? It's your idea. Hop to it
    I would, but I'm 16. If this was two years from now, the bank account would be setup, website up and running, and the FEC paperwork in the mail.

You need other people around you to help you do that. Do you have anyone to help?
    Well, the meetup probably would help.
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

I think it is that not too many people have been exposed to it for long enough.

I would, but I'm 16. If this was two years from now, the bank account would be setup, website up and running, and the FEC paperwork in the mail.

Well, the meetup probably would help.
    My kind of guy

FreeStateProject.org

My kind of guy
    I do like to actually DO things, that is why I'm considering running for state house in 2010 (I looked it up, and I qualify by 10 days to sign the paperwork legally).

I do like to actually DO things, that is why I'm considering running for state house in 2010 (I looked it up, and I qualify by 10 days to sign the paperwork legally).
    Which state?

FreeStateProject.org

we go bankrupt and theyll offer us NAU and amero...plain and simple...its the ultimate goal
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

Which state?
    Washington, Legislative District 18 to be precise.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet! Go for it man! Just don't embarrass us "younger" people like this 23 year old:

http://www.walkerhines.com/

Instead of supporting freedom, this kid came into office trying to boss people around. He is the second youngest person to get elected to congress in Louisiana, and he is the biggest embarrassment to any young person that would seek office. He tried to raise the tobacco age in LA to 21. I would personally like to see the drinking age lowered back to 18. Needless to say, we are complete opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Dardar View Post
    Sweet! Go for it man! Just don't embarrass us "younger" people like this 23 year old:

http://www.walkerhines.com/

Instead of supporting freedom, this kid came into office trying to boss people around. He is the second youngest person to get elected to congress in Louisiana, and he is the biggest embarrassment to any young person that would seek office. He tried to raise the tobacco age in LA to 21. I would personally like to see the drinking age lowered back to 18. Needless to say, we are complete opposites.
    Don't worry on that account. I won't be too embarrassing, the most embarrassing thing they'll catch me doing is listening to classic country music on my way to work, and that's only embarrassing socially at high school, which wouldn't be a problem seeing as I would have graduated. I'll have my AA degree as well, since you can do that in WA state.

When the campaign for the House is over (we have a local RP candidate), I will get the meetup and some of my friends together to discuss it. If I can get their support, I will go for it.

What would happen if the USA went bankrupt?

Well, in many ways we already are bankrupt.
    I'm very concerned about the next few years.
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 09-24-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12