Thread: I'm gonna rep RP at the Impeach Bush rally on the 15th...who's coming with me???

I'm gonna rep RP at the Impeach Bush rally on the 15th...who's coming with me???

If you think this event is not related to RP, you're not thinking straight. I know I am not the only one who is afraid that there won't be an election next year. Bush can declare a national emergency and martial law pretty much anytime he wants and poof, there goes the election. Besides that, Bush, Cheney, Rice, Gonzales, and Rumsfeld have committed enough crimes that they should be hung Mussolini style on Penn Ave. The fact is, if you don't stand for impeaching Bush, you don't stand for freedom. The impeachment process is one of the most vital tools we have for keeping govt. in line. Because we have been too afraid to use it, Bush and his cronies have run wild. This is the largest march yet and there's going to be a lot of media attention. We need as many people as possible.

I've said this before...this is also a great way to pick up voters and reach out to disheartened Americans - most of whom have not heard of RP before. I'll be there with a sign..."Impeach Bush And Elect Ron Paul!" I know that some of you feel we shouldn't be mixing the two issues but come on people, they're the same! We're talking about our govt. here and we can't wait any longer. If enough people got behind this movement (including RP), we'd have a different President by now...hopefully one that will bring our troops home. Think of all the lives you could potentially save by being in Washington on the 15th. I'm traveling 3000 miles to go...I'm standing here doing my best Jerry Maguire impression...who's coming with me??
    Free and Alive

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going!!!! oh - like where is it?

Make it a BIG sign. thanks for what you do.

I'd love to go if I can. Is it in D.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    Make it a BIG sign. thanks for what you do.

Guys....when I was working at HQ, we got a caller from a Radio station in california who wanted to get RP on to argue for impeaching Bush. The feedback I got from the staff there was that impeachment was NOT an issue that RP wanted to get behind.

Again, we should think very carefully about associating our candidates name with a message that he doesn't necessarily endorse.

Quote Originally Posted by james1844 View Post
    Guys....when I was working at HQ, we got a caller from a Radio station in california who wanted to get RP on to argue for impeaching Bush. The feedback I got from the staff there was that impeachment was NOT an issue that RP wanted to get behind.

Again, we should think very carefully about associating our candidates name with a message that he doesn't necessarily endorse.
    Whats up James - how come you quit at HQ - I'm trying to push a fundraising thing through HQ right now - Don, Brandon, Amanda are looking at my proposal

Thumbs down Unfortunate

You hurt the campaign by associating Dr. Paul's name with this type of effort. I firmly believe that most of the conservatives that are unhappy with President Bush and would love to have Ron Paul win the election would be put off and rethink thier support for Ron Paul if they believe that he supports an impeachment effort. The reason being that most Republicans have a sense of loyalty that they can't kick even though they are unhappy with the President. This type of effort attacks that deep-seated loyalty to the party and they will turn on anyone associated with it - that means Ron Paul too. Besides, you're just giving more ammo to people like Sean Hannitty. I urge you to rethink your plans to tie Ron Paul's name to this type of campaign.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    - ok, perhaps delete the "Impeach Bush" from the sign and change it "END WAR"

but still make it big.

"End the war" is, in my opinion, the wrong approach too. Most people think that we are truly involved in a war against agressors that attacked us even if they don't believe that Iraq had anything to do with it. A would say that many would like us to continue the war against extremists but end the "occupation" of Iraq that is costing us so much money. If you read Dr. Paul's "no surrender" piece, he makes a good argument that the war in Iraq was WON and is over - that what we are doing now needs to end. We should get out of Iraq, finish up in Afganistan, cycle troops out on our own borders, and start rebuilding our military for future threats (here at home). I think that most people (conservatives) would like this idea. <shrug> Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WillInMiami View Post
    You hurt the campaign by associating Dr. Paul's name with this type of effort. I firmly believe that most of the conservatives that are unhappy with President Bush and would love to have Ron Paul win the election would be put off and rethink thier support for Ron Paul if they believe that he supports an impeachment effort. The reason being that most Republicans have a sense of loyalty that they can't kick even though they are unhappy with the President. This type of effort attacks that deep-seated loyalty to the party and they will turn on anyone associated with it - that means Ron Paul too. Besides, you're just giving more ammo to people like Sean Hannitty. I urge you to rethink your plans to tie Ron Paul's name to this type of campaign.
    True, but how many conservatives do you know who hang around "Impeach Bush" rallies?

It amazes that Clinton was impeached for screwing a broad, but no one in congress will step up to impeach Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    It amazes that Clinton was impeached for screwing a broad, but no one in congress will step up to impeach Bush.
    Well technically he was impeached for perjury.

i'm going to try to go. not because rp supports impeachment, but because i do. if i wear a shirt while i do it, cool then. if i hand out a few bumper stickers and have a few convos, good. these will be people who really want responsible government, if even just on the impeachment issue - i won't miss the chance to get a few votes. not sure if i'll make it though, 10 days away and i won't know until a few before.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    True, but how many conservatives do you know who hang around "Impeach Bush" rallies?

That's right. However, all Sean Hannity or any of the other jerks need is for a little bit of video to show so that they can tell all of the conservatives that watch/listen to them "see, Ron Paul is really a commie-lib trying to hurt our party!".

Or worse, if Rush Limbaugh decides to run with it. If that happens, we're done as far as the typical Republican is concerned.

Who cares about impeaching bush/cheney? Does anyone think pelosi would actually do a better job, when she is the one who or that Kerry would have been any different from Bush? Bush just takes all the flak because he is seeing the fruits of his efforts to expand executive power manifest in a much greater way than many of his predecessors.

Thats not the issue at hand, the issue at hand is that we must reach out to all sorts of groups. I actually think Hillary would be a far worse choice/president than Bush, so the Bush-specific bashing is, in my opinion, a poor agenda to push. In principle, sure, Bush should be impeached, but in reality, it does no good because there are no favorable alternatives. It is congress that needs to grow a $#@!ing spine and block the president's agenda, like they should have since the beginning. And who is the speaker? Nancy Pelosi. Well isnt that cool.

No, we need a revolution greater than just impeaching Bush, we need to be PROACTIVE about getting Ron's message out. This crowd IS a good target for that message, potentially, at least about the war and 9/11. That doesn't mean we should be protesting WITH them, it means we should be among them, talking with them about Ron Paul, and letting them do the protesting. I vote no on a huge massive Ron Paul sign at the rally, but yes on trying to target the people at this rally.
    Last edited by ThePieSwindler; 09-05-2007 at 03:43 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieSwindler View Post
    Who cares about impeaching bush/cheney? Does anyone think pelosi would actually do a better job, when she is the one who or that Kerry would have been any different from Bush? Bush just takes all the flak because he is seeing the fruits of his efforts to expand executive power manifest in a much greater way than many of his predecessors.

Thats not the issue at hand, the issue at hand is to reach out to all sorts of groups. I actually think Hillary would be a far worse choice/president than Bush, so the Bush-specific bashing is, in my opinion, a poor agenda to bush. In principle, sure, Bush should be impeached, but in reality, it does no good because there are no favorable alternatives. It is congress that needs to grow a $#@!ing spine and block the president's agenda, like they should have since the beginning. And who is the speaker? Nancy Pelosi. Well isnt that cool.

No, we need a revolution greater than just impeaching Bush, we need to be PROACTIVE about getting Ron's message out. This crowd IS a good target for that message, potentially, at least about the war and 9/11. That doesn't mean we should be protesting WITH them, it means we should be among them, talking with them about Ron Paul, and letting them do the protesting. I vote no on a huge massive Ron Paul sign at the rally, but yes on trying to target the people at this rally.
    Well stated and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WillInMiami View Post
    That's right. However, all Sean Hannity or any of the other jerks need is for a little bit of video to show so that they can tell all of the conservatives that watch/listen to them "see, Ron Paul is really a commie-lib trying to hurt our party!".

Or worse, if Rush Limbaugh decides to run with it. If that happens, we're done as far as the typical Republican is concerned.
    70% of Americans hate this war, and the other 30% probably watch FOX News and hate Ron Paul already. I'm not saying we should give up on the neocons (goodness knows there would be a lot less RP supporters now if we had), but we definitely can't keep coddling them to the detriment of all the other folks we could be reaching. Besides, it's not in Hannity's interest to remark on any Impeach rallies, as he and his comrades want us to believe we're the kooky minority, and that everyone else bows down and genuflects to our Führer-in-Chief.

So where is this taking place at?

Rather then saying "Impeach Bush, Vote Paul" why not just say "Vote Paul" or "Change Government, Vote Paul"

I'd show up if this was the message. No need to pick sides. Just go there to educate people and that's it. Let them know Paul is anti-establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by dseisner View Post
    If you think this event is not related to RP, you're not thinking straight. I know I am not the only one who is afraid that there won't be an election next year. Bush can declare a national emergency and martial law pretty much anytime he wants and poof, there goes the election.
    I personally think this is a very bad idea that can only hurt Paul, but I'm not going to stop you. Don't forget your tinfoil hat.

And people think Tucker is trying to sabotage the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    I personally think this is a very bad idea that can only hurt Paul, but I'm not going to stop you. Don't forget your tinfoil hat.

ROTFLMAO

70% of Americans hate this war, and the other 30% probably watch FOX News and hate Ron Paul already. I'm not saying we should give up on the neocons (goodness knows there would be a lot less RP supporters now if we had), but we definitely can't keep coddling them to the detriment of all the other folks we could be reaching. Besides, it's not in Hannity's interest to remark on any Impeach rallies, as he and his comrades want us to believe we're the kooky minority, and that everyone else bows down and genuflects to our Führer-in-Chief.
    All the we talk? Are you part of the campaign? Maybe you should stick with a message that RP supports.

Those that hate Bush for taking away our freedoms and expanding the executive branch to insane proportions will fall in love with Ron Paul.

I'd love to be there. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    All the we talk? Are you part of the campaign? Maybe you should stick with a message that RP supports.
    RP doesn't have to support a given message for the advocates of said message to support Ron Paul.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RP doesn't have to support a given message for the advocates of said message to support Ron Paul.
    No doubt true, but we have gone over a similar issue before, and the campaign, and most people here feel that it would best serve Ron Paul to not send mixed messages.

By all means, go to the rally and tell people about Ron Paul, but do not hold an Impeach Bush sign in one hand and a Paul for President sign in the other.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

ok - really BIG sign, Change Government, Vote Paul

good call, and it meshes with the overall theme of the rally

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post

Out of all the opinions given, this was by far the most offensive to me. Why would I try to sabotage the campaign? That's a ridiculous notion. I just believe that if we are TRUE patriots, then we must stand up for these causes. There is an anti-war and impeach Bush rally going on and both issues need support from people like us because they both have merit when it comes to the issue of our freedom. Do you guys honestly think we can bring down the establishment playing by their rules? You need to throw all of your past election experience out the window because we're dealing with a totally different beast right now. This revolution is far more than just a campaign for president. It's a revolution of freedom, truth, and love. If you believe in that as I do, you'll stop being one-dimensional and realize that the truth doesn't have boundaries. Yea, you might scare off a few neocons who want to stay asleep but you'll ignite a fire within people who want to know the truth and that fire will make them show up to the polls. I'm linking the agendas because inherently, they already are and denying it is hurting our cause.
    Free and Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    blimp
    What for you mine the litter box? The odor is objectionable.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.