Thread: Schiff on Merrill Lynch

Schiff on Merrill Lynch

watch this back in March

http://www.europac.net/Schiff-Fox-3-08-08_lg.asp

this kid recommended an asian currency basket and Schiff replied, it's a great idea, but he doesn't want exposure to Merrill Lynch as a counter party. Pretty good stuff. Watching these shows in hindsight, it shows you how ridiculously accurate Peter is.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah okay, but peter's pick was actually the baddest of all three to date. I didn't check that currency basket

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    yeah okay, but peter's pick was actually the baddest of all three to date. I didn't check that currency basket
    He recommended it because of the high dividend payout, meaning, you hold onto it for years. Besides, your supposed to buy low. The dividend yield is now 11%. In a market where you are probably going to see the dollar collapse in that time frame, the end return on most of the things those guys recommend will be negative. The currency basket might blow up as well given the huge counter party risk. Investing for short term gains is a great way to go bankrupt. Wall St. is finally finding this out. The goal is to be ahead in the end. Not 3 months from now.
    Last edited by theoakman; 09-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
    He recommended it because of the high dividend payout, meaning, you hold onto it for years. Besides, your supposed to buy low. The dividend yield is now 11%. In a market where you are probably going to see the dollar collapse in that time frame, the end return on most of the things those guys recommend will be negative. The currency basket might blow up as well given the huge counter party risk. Investing for short term gains is a great way to go bankrupt. Wall St. is finally finding this out. The goal is to be ahead in the end. Not 3 months from now.
    Bingo. Schiff's picks aren't day trades. He tends to prefer securities that produce income aka dividend yielding stocks.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Yes but i don't think he suspected it to fall that low. And one thing i learned is, that if you don't understand what the stock price is doing you've got to get out and don't be afraid to sell with loss. But still, i think peter is good nonetheless

Yes but i don't think he suspected it to fall that low. And one thing i learned is, that if you don't understand what the stock price is doing you've got to get out and don't be afraid to sell with loss. But still, i think peter is good nonetheless
    It doesn't sound like you've learned much. There are plenty of stocks that are undervalued....just because they are low doesn't mean they aren't good. If a company is financially sound, what do you have to fear?
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    It doesn't sound like you've learned much. There are plenty of stocks that are undervalued....just because they are low doesn't mean they aren't good. If a company is financially sound, what do you have to fear?
    Could be, but i'm just asking if this is THE stock that Peter wanted to buy, why would it be a stock of which he wouldn't be suprised if it would lose (what was it 40 percent?) in value over a half year. And all i'm saying is that if you bought that stock and you're suprised now, you might be beter off to sell, at least i would do that.

Could be, but i'm just asking if this is THE stock that Peter wanted to buy, why would it be a stock of which he wouldn't be suprised if it would lose (what was it 40 percent?) in value over a half year. And all i'm saying is that if you bought that stock and you're suprised now, you might be beter off to sell, at least i would do that.
    Why would you sell that low, especially if the fundamentals of the company are strong and they are still paying you a hefty dividend?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would you sell that low, especially if the fundamentals of the company are strong and they are still paying you a hefty dividend?
    Because my feeling is that there is more then meets the eye. And it's not good, because when the fundamentals are strong, why did it go down that much for that long.
    But hey that's just me, i mean if you own those shares please do not listen to me. I didn't study economics, just some thoughts.

Because my feeling is that there is more then meets the eye. And it's not good, because when the fundamentals are strong, why did it go down that much for that long.
    But hey that's just me, i mean if you own those shares please do not listen to me. I didn't study economics, just some thoughts.
    That's simply your uneducated opinion. By your logic, you should go buy some Overstock, or you could go and purchase some Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, or AIG shares before they crashed.

Absolutely foolish, and, without sounding offensive, I don't appreciate you preaching that logic. It's simply wrong. You'd have a better "feel" for the company if you took the time to examine their financials and ratios rather than gamble. But, of course, you never took the time to learn it, but you'll still preach an otherwise foolish opinion.

The nerve of some of you...

fatjohn,

Thanks for your honest assestmet. Nobody has this $#@! figured out. If they did, would they really be spending time here? rockandrollsouls, why are you not coming up with something constructive, you may or may not be right, but why tear this honest guy down?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    fatjohn,

Thanks for your honest assestmet. Nobody has this $#@! figured out. If they did, would they really be spending time here? rockandrollsouls, why are you not coming up with something constructive, you may or may not be right, but why tear this honest guy down?
    It's not an assessment, it's a gamble and uneducated guess. I have this figured out, Schiff has it figured out, many people have it figured out. I've been making money with my knowledge and understanding...I think that's pretty constructive.

I am right, and I'm not tearing him down. He was trying to say that stock was worthless because it was down in price. It's misleading and wrong, and he continued trying to argue the point until I shot him down and said "stop you don't know what you're talking about."
    I don't tell you how to do your job by pulling garbage out of my ass, and you guys shouldn't either. Why don't you screw off unless you have something constructive to add.

you are supposed to buy low. The problems with the stock are temporary. The stock price doesn't reflect the long term outlook of the company (just the short term). It's undervalued and pays a great dividend. I say it's a buy. You'll get a great dividend and appreciation along with it once the problems dissipate.

you are supposed to buy low. The problems with the stock are temporary. The stock price doesn't reflect the long term outlook of the company (just the short term). It's undervalued and pays a great dividend. I say it's a buy. You'll get a great dividend and appreciation along with it once the problems dissipate.
    Exactly what I said but he continued to push his view multiple times. According to Jon, low price = bad stock. Absolute BS and I wasn't having it.

Bingo. Schiff's picks aren't day trades. He tends to prefer securities that produce income aka dividend yielding stocks.
    It can't be!? Paulson told us that only the government buys assets and holds them for more than 1 day...

That's simply your uneducated opinion. By your logic, you should go buy some Overstock, or you could go and purchase some Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, or AIG shares before they crashed.

Absolutely foolish, and, without sounding offensive, I don't appreciate you preaching that logic. It's simply wrong. You'd have a better "feel" for the company if you took the time to examine their financials and ratios rather than gamble. But, of course, you never took the time to learn it, but you'll still preach an otherwise foolish opinion.

The nerve of some of you...
    Well then, i won't spread my logic anymore, but please start spreading yours and answer my question, why did it go down??????? At least the Oakman tries to make clear what's wrong with the pick for the short term. You just assoult me when i just merely post almost nothing more then a question and a consequence of one of the possible answers on that question.
    Last edited by fatjohn; 09-25-2008 at 02:38 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well then, i won't spread my logic anymore, but please start spreading yours and answer my question, why did it go down??????? At least the Oakman tries to make clear what's wrong with the pick for the short term. You just assoult me when i just merely post almost nothing more then a question and a consequence of one of the possible answers on that question.
    Awe, someone's offended, huh? Have you considered reading recent news on the company?

Awe, someone's offended, huh? Have you considered reading recent news on the company?
    Short term stock prices are irrelevant when the company is still profitable and still paying good dividends off that profit. The fact that they are paying those dividends shows the company's profits are real. In fact, if you are just reinvesting that dividend income into the company, you would hope the stock price goes lower. You can get more shares. Most people aren't comfortable buying something on the downswing.

The American mentality is that you need to buy and sell stocks on a daily basis. Friggin Chuck Schwab has a commercial where they advertise 60 free trades for opening an account with them. Who the hell in their right mind would be making 60 trades in a year?