Thread: The problem with the bailout and our country store

The problem with the bailout and our country store

The problem I see with the bail out is just like what happened at our local country store. You see the country store has opperated for 50 years. The owner died about 6 months ago. His children took over the store. They went to work every day and sold the merchandise in the store. After work they went to the bar and had a great time spending all their new money. After a while they ran out of supplies for the store. The suppliers brought more supplies but needed to be paid before the store got the supplies. OH OH the store had no money! The kids had spent the money! Now they need a loan to buy supplies! Will they leave the payoff of the loan to their children? Will the government bail them out? That is exactly where I see Wall Street! The eliet took the money and now they need more money! You get my point.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good point. Just say no to the bailout.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I got this in e-mail. LOL What do you think?

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
    Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in
    a We Deserve It Dividend.
    To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000
    bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.
    Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
    and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..
    So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.
    My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a
    We Deserve It Dividend.
    Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
    So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.
    Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
    That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.
    But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
    A husband and wife has0A$595,000.00.
    What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
    Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
    Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
    Put away money for college - it'll be there
    Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
    Buy a new car - create jobs
    Invest in the market - capital drives growth
    Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
    Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else
    Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
    who lost their jobs at Lehmann Brothers and every other company
    that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.
    If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out
    a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.
    If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!
    As for AIG - liquidate it.
    Sell off its parts.
    Let American General go back to being American General.
    Sell off the real estate.
    Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.
    Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.
    Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."
    But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!
    How do you spell Economic Boom?
    I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion
    We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.
    And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 B illion is returned
    instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
    Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.
    Kindest personal regards,
    Birk
    T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic &nb sp;
    PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh
    or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

The problem is, there's no money to loan or to give to anyone. Where is the money going to come from for this? As far as I can tell, the Federal Reserve is going to "print" it up out of nowhere, and make us pay it back through taxation. They are just using the same exact tactics that got us into this mess in the first place. We're headed for disaster with or without this bail-out. The difference is that without it, we may survive with our sovereignty and individual liberties in tact. And with it, we won't because it puts us on the road to serfdom.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    The problem is, there's no money to loan or to give to anyone. Where is the money going to come from for this? As far as I can tell, the Federal Reserve is going to "print" it up out of nowhere, and make us pay it back through taxation. They are just using the same exact tactics that got us into this mess in the first place. We're headed for disaster with or without this bail-out. The difference is that without it, we may survive with our sovereignty and individual liberties in tact. And with it, we won't because it puts us on the road to serfdom.
    I agree with you. The post was made more as a joke as it would never happen anyway.

Ron Paul is correct, the only way to fix this is allow it to collapse and completely rebuild our economic system from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The problem I see with the bail out is just like what happened at our local country store. You see the country store has opperated for 50 years. The owner died about 6 months ago. His children took over the store. They went to work every day and sold the merchandise in the store. After work they went to the bar and had a great time spending all their new money. After a while they ran out of supplies for the store. The suppliers brought more supplies but needed to be paid before the store got the supplies. OH OH the store had no money! The kids had spent the money! Now they need a loan to buy supplies! Will they leave the payoff of the loan to their children? Will the government bail them out? That is exactly where I see Wall Street! The eliet took the money and now they need more money! You get my point.
    I am not one to jump to conclusions without weighing some of the facts, however the more I see this so-called bailout, the more it stinks. I am beginning to wonder if this whole Wall Street meltdown was caused by irresponsible, greedy individuals, or if it was planned by international bankers in cahoots with our government to move this country into the New World Order.

Where is the outrage from the countries holding worthless fiat dollars? Recent events in this country seem to be tailor made to cope with such an event to firmly plant this country in the New World Order. The new bankrupsy laws, FISA, Homeland Security, etc., were put in place for a reason that goes beyond my understanding. The American people are not terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wilson View Post
    I am not one to jump to conclusions without weighing some of the facts, however the more I see this so-called bailout, the more it stinks. I am beginning to wonder if this whole Wall Street meltdown was caused by irresponsible, greedy individuals, or if it was planned by international bankers in cahoots with our government to move this country into the New World Order.
    I think it was planned by Osama Bin Laden and his fellow Arabs in caves somewhere between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by aji View Post

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
    Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in
    a We Deserve It Dividend.
    To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000
    bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.
    Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
    and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..
    So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.
    $85,000,000,000 divided by 200,000,000 equals $425.
    "Greater than the tread of armies is an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Posting privileges under review

Quote Originally Posted by VoteForRonPaul View Post
    I think it was planned by Osama Bin Laden and his fellow Arabs in caves somewhere between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
    I hope that was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by erika View Post
    I hope that was a joke.
    I hope this is a joke.
    "If a nation expects to be
    ignorant and free...
    it expects what never was
    and never will be."

Quote Originally Posted by aji View Post
    The originator of that e-mail fails at math.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Posting privileges under review

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan View Post
    I hope this is a joke.
    You ARE a joke.

If I remember, Osama himself stated that his goal was to destroy America by economics. The hijacks were just to get the ball rolling. Since then we've spent a crap load on wars and national defense. And now we have economic troubles.