Unite the Clans

Unite under one 3rd party candidate. The idea here is to send a message to Washington that there is another power base other than the 2 parties (Democrats and Republicans). There is the remainder of the population that does not agree with the plan of either and we need to make sure our voice is heard. The way you do that is to send a message and our message should be to get a third party candidate elected. That will not happen as long as we are all split on who to vote for.

I am at heart a classical Republican and Ron Paul stands for everything I believe in for government. I had hoped he would make a run for this presidency after it was clear that he would not get the Republican nomination. That as you are all aware of did not happen. My next hope was for him to make an endorsement and shift his growing support behind a single candidate, which has also not quite worked out.

We have a couple of good 3rd party candidates and for me each has their deterrents to electability, but all support liberty, freedom, and the constitution. The four points Ron Paul got the 3rd party candidates to agree upon Foreign Policy, Privacy, National Debt, and the Federal Reserve are the major points we should elect the next president on, not the smaller differences that each 3rd party candidate has. Three of these points (Foreign Policy, Privacy, and National Debt) are issues the President can actually act upon once in office. The remainder (Federal Reserve and each candidate’s quirky beliefs) all require some agreement in congress, and that should be our check on these candidates deterring issues. So I say we vote for the candidate that can actually do what we want in office and pressure our current congressmen to get the remainder. Its time to remind Washington that we are here and that we are not helpless.

Ron Paul has given us the candidate he will vote for, Chuck Baldwin, and I for one will go that direction. I will be the first to say that Chuck Baldwin and the Constitutional party has some ideals that go against my very being, but the reality is that the most important issues of our day we agree on and I have Congress to check him against the ones I don’t agree with.

We do not have to choose the lesser of two evils that each have some good, when we have a good candidate that has a few evils.