Thread: Darth Cheney moves on Capitol Hill

Darth Cheney moves on Capitol Hill

Trying to convince Congress to push Paulson's catastrophic bailout plan through.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7012399602

I suspect he has pictures of the Congress in compromising positions for blackmailing purposes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cheney is specifically one of the people I am thinking of for a proposal that America's uber rich should pick up the tab for the Great Bailout. It is their privilege and honor, as patriots, to be able to ride to the rescue of the nation that made them more equal than other citizens.

Wikipedia indicates that the United States has 449 billionaires.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_billionaires)

Wikipedia indicates that there are more than 3 million millionaires in this country.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionaire)

Obviously, “mere” millionaires are not at issue. It’s the mega multi-millionaires who are at issue, like Treasury Secretary Paulson whose personal fortune is estimated to be more than SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION.

Let’s start with the five-hundred million and up, then move on to lesser rich people if need be.

If 449 billionaires each kick in half a billion dollars, there’s 224 billion right there. If everyone worth $500 million to one billion kicks in $250 million, what’s that figure? That figure plus $224 billion tells us how much more we need to raise. Move down to those worth between $100 and $500 million.

B-b-but…it’s not fa-a-a-ir.

I know.

But it’s less unfair than saddling an overworked, underpaid, overtaxed, underserviced citizenry with the tab.

We’ll give ‘em all flag pins...perhaps even real gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashertm View Post
    Trying to convince Congress to push Paulson's catastrophic bailout plan through.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7012399602

I suspect he has pictures of the Congress in compromising positions for blackmailing purposes.
    QFT

I suspect that if's wasting his precious time slumming, they NEED to do some arm twisting to accomplish their goal. It makes me happy any time he has to come out of hiding.

BTW, last Thursday night in FL, we were waiting on one of those big coaches to take us to an outing at this conference I was attending. The bus didn't show, and everyone was screaming at the events coordinator. Wasn't her fault. So, then the hotel, who arranged the coach for her got an earful. Turns out that the bus got caught up in all the security stuff surrounding one of Darth's visits.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    QFT

I suspect that if's wasting his precious time slumming, they NEED to do some arm twisting to accomplish their goal. It makes me happy any time he has to come out of hiding.

BTW, last Thursday night in FL, we were waiting on one of those big coaches to take us to an outing at this conference I was attending. The bus didn't show, and everyone was screaming at the events coordinator. Wasn't her fault. So, then the hotel, who arranged the coach for her got an earful. Turns out that the bus got caught up in all the security stuff surrounding one of Darth's visits.
    Queue the music for Cheney's entrance...

Dah dah dah dah dah dahhhhhh dah dah dahhhhhhhh dah dah dahhhhhhh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWS...eature=related

So, when Cheney takes the limo down Pennsylvania to the end of the mall do they raise the terror threat level of the Capitol Building to orange?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This is where being an atheist is simple and sweet...

Cheney has a trash legacy. He will die, go nowhere, and be remembered as an evil tyrant.

There is nothing sweeter than the judgment of history. And it WILL NOT be kind to this administration. No sirree

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    This is where being an atheist is simple and sweet...

Cheney has a trash legacy. He will die, go nowhere, and be remembered as an evil tyrant.

There is nothing sweeter than the judgment of history. And it WILL NOT be kind to this administration. No sirree
    Bull$#@!.

Your kids will be taught how wonderful life is under the benevolent rule of the Rockefellers and Rothschilds vs that terrible time in history when sovereign nations were allowed to kill, rape and pillage each other in wars and ruined economies.

Bush and Cheney will be depicted as the heroes who ushered in Utopia by understanding and accelerating the Darwinian Principle.

Bosso

CNN reporter just said a closed door meeting today with Cheney and Republicans was nasty.

They were not buying his pushing the bill even with all his power.

I just wish they would follow through now. Dream on I guess.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    CNN reporter just said a closed door meeting today with Cheney and Republicans was nasty.

They were not buying his pushing the bill even with all his power.

I just wish they would follow through now. Dream on I guess.
    Wouldn't ya give your right arm to have been a fly on THAT wall?
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

I sure would, with a microscopic microphone.

People need to ring the phones off the hooks at every office. I did this am. and it felt good.

Even if they pass it, they are worried about re election and might not let them get away with stealing billions which is possible with no over sight.