View Poll Results: Which do you revere more: The Constitution or The Declaration of Independence?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Constitution

8 21.05%
  • The Declaration of Independence

30 78.95%

Thread: Which do you revere more: The Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

Which do you revere more: The Constitution or the Declaration of Independence?

There are no ties in this poll. You must choose.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_sprit View Post
    Dumb poll.
    Dumb comment.

D of I

Connstitution

The Illegality, Immorality, and Violence of All Political Action
    http://users.aol.com/xeqtr1/voluntaryist/vopa.html

Without the Declaration which sets forth the philosophy of natural law there wouldn't be any resistance to the unconstitutional acts committed by those who usurp the Constitution. Most people are positivists because Natural law is rejected by modern scholars, yet, it is Natural law that our country was founded upon.

We must enlighten our fellow citizens to Natural law once more in order to destroy the positive laws that has eroded our Republic.

Good poll. The detractors can kiss my ass.

The declaration, hands down.

The declaration was written without the express idiocy of the non-passionate members of the Revolution.

The Constitution, albeit excellent, is outdated. The declaration is never really outdated... it stands for the shedding of tyranny... and will always stand for the shredding of tyranny.

The Constitution is being used now to enforce tyranny.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
    Thomas Jefferson

NotA, though I like what the DoI led to far more than what the Constitution (with or without it being followed) led to.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    The Constitution, albeit excellent, is outdated. The declaration is never really outdated... it stands for the shedding of tyranny... and will always stand for the shredding of tyranny.

The Constitution is being used now to enforce tyranny.
    I disagree. If the Constitution is outdated, and I do say if, it is because we haven't maintained it properly through the amendment process. And it isn't being used to enforce tyranny, tyranny is being enforced over its dead body.

Can't decide on the poll. The Declaration got the ball rolling, the Constitution maintained the victory for about two hundred years before it got enough holes punched in it to be unrecognizable. One led to victory, the other ensured the victory was not hollow. How could either be less important?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Declariation wins hands down. The 2nd constitution was written by the bankers. The coolest was the Penn. State Constituion of 1776

-- Unicameral leg.
    -- weak execucutive
    -- leg. elected EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These features made it far and away the most democratic constitution ever.

Declaration of Independence started the Americas towards freedom. Until the statists hijacked the revolution.