Thread: [Youtube] HBO Real Time with Bill Maher - "Give me liberty or give me death"

[Youtube] HBO Real Time with Bill Maher - "Give me liberty or give me death"

HBO Real Time with Bill Maher
    September 19, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCC_jasq0E
    Last edited by FrankRep; 09-21-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn Naomi Klein is such a hackjob, all I could do is shake my head when she went into the global warming bit after Maher and Sullivan was trying to make a point about our liberties getting flushed (as Klein would have us fear) 'out to the warming seas'

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Damn Naomi Klein is such a hackjob, all I could do is shake my head when she went into the global warming bit after Maher and Sullivan was trying to make a point about our liberties getting flushed (as Klein would have us fear) 'out to the warming seas'
    thats exactly what I thought..

what a bitch.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Yeah, Klein kept repeatedly pissing me off during the show. At the same time, Sullivan, who I'm a big fan of, really needs to lay off the caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by ashura View Post
    At the same time, Sullivan, who I'm a big fan of, really needs to lay off the caffeine.
    Nah,,,If you watch any of the people in the media lately that have connected with our movement, they are really animated now... Sullivan just really gets it now and has the fire like many of us do.

Bill Maher will try to pretend he's a libertarian

but he's a liberal

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post

but he's a liberal
    as long as he supports the Constitution than hes fine in my book.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

but he's a liberal
    Define liberal. These terms keep changing meaning.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Define liberal. These terms keep changing meaning.
    "conservatives are evil, elect democrats"

something like that lol

but he's a liberal
    Let's not forget that the basic, modern definition for libertarianism is social liberalism + economic conservatism. He just happens to focus more on civil liberties than anything else, which is fine.

oh look, global warming propaganda in there

see what i mean?

The woman trails off from security to hurricanes, global warming, republicans, mccain, pallin. Dumb bitch.
    Last edited by constitutional; 09-21-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

but he's a liberal
    This movement is not about left, right, black, white, blue, or red. This movement is about freedom for everybody. We may have different details, but we all essentially believe that humans are born with certain inalienable rights.

Quote Originally Posted by micah dardar View Post
    this movement is not about left, right, black, white, blue, or red. This movement is about freedom for everybody. We may have different details, but we all essentially believe that humans are born with certain inalienable rights.
    +1787
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

I don't blame Bill for believing what he does. The fact is mainstream Republicans and conservatives haven't given every day people a viable alternative. They're for the medical-industrial complex. They can't answer how the free market will provide better health care for every day citizens because they're anti-free market. They've backstabbed the taxpayer with latest Medicare bill. In light of all that, I can see why someone not involved, someone who doesn't dig deeper (aka your average voter), might think that the Democrats have an answer that will work.

This is the damage that this administration, the Bush I administration and the Reagan administration has wrought. Conservatism has been given a terrible reputation thanks to those who claim to be but are not conservatives.