Thread: R We in hyperinflation mode now????

R We in hyperinflation mode now????

With this 700 billion bail out, I got to thinking, that's pretty close to a FREEKING TRILLION DOLLARS!

I think we are in the beginning stages of hyperinflation mode! I think the manipulation can only go on so far. The banksters and the gov. are trying their best to keep it from collapsing and the only choice they have now is to hyperinflate..... they can;t raise the interst rate like volker did...... that would seize up credit markets even more, which they say is our big problem right now.

What does everyone think, are we in hyperinflation mode and don't quite know it yet???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, we are now. The fed and treasury is out of money and is force to print up the cash for these bailouts. So getting gold and silver now while you still can. I never thought I see the day they actually do this.

the beauty of currency destruction is, it destroys the debt along with it. Max out those cards people. or not.

Oh, I've been maxing mine for a while buying as much gold, silver as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by misericordia View Post
    the beauty of currency destruction is, it destroys the debt along with it. Max out those cards people. or not.
    destroys the debt as long as you don't become unemployed and your wages follow inflation.

I dont think that americans realize that 700 billion dollars is over $2000 per person if spread out evenly. I dont think we can afford that.
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    destroys the debt as long as you don't become unemployed and your wages follow inflation.
    more importantly, if you're the chosen few who f'd up first, you get the bail out, everybody else pays for you,

We are not in hyperinflation. We are headed there but not at this moment. When a gallon of gas costs around $5 in the morning and then $12 that afternoon and then $30 the next morning that is hyperinflation and it won't stop until that same gallon of gas is thousands of dollars which should happen within a week of it starting.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not until velocity starts to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by UnReconstructed View Post
    We are not in hyperinflation. We are headed there but not at this moment. When a gallon of gas costs around $5 in the morning and then $12 that afternoon and then $30 the next morning that is hyperinflation and it won't stop until that same gallon of gas is thousands of dollars which should happen within a week of it starting.
    So, basically, you can watch as they run in and out of the mini mart with a new price after they just put up the old one.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Relative to a gold price of approximately $900 per ounce, the US dollar is in a hyperinflation according to IAS. I posted a link in this forum awhile back. If you search, you can find it. This latest bailout will just fan the flames even more. The US dollar is well on its way to a Weimar-style hyperinflation, but we've got a ways to go yet.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 09-21-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    On the contrary, buy gold today. If we have hyperinflation, you could be unemployed and pull out your gold which is now worth hundreds of thousands of US dollars. Pay your credit card off in a single, easy payment of a tenth of the balance, stashed away at the correct time for a little hibernation through Ben Bernanke's September money storms.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherbill View Post
    With this 700 billion bail out, I got to thinking, that's pretty close to a FREEKING TRILLION DOLLARS!

I think we are in the beginning stages of hyperinflation mode! I think the manipulation can only go on so far. The banksters and the gov. are trying their best to keep it from collapsing and the only choice they have now is to hyperinflate..... they can;t raise the interst rate like volker did...... that would seize up credit markets even more, which they say is our big problem right now.

What does everyone think, are we in hyperinflation mode and don't quite know it yet???
    Actually, one read of the situation is that debt-based money-credit is being destroyed far faster than the amount that is being created to bail it out... M3 is supposed to be collapsing.

In Austrian terms, that's deflation! On the other hand, if you go with the common-sense definition of inflation/deflation as being rise/fall in nominal prices, I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen.

Of course, for gold bugs, ANY scenario is bound to lead to gold/PM prices rising.

Remember that after their banking system imploded, Japan's central bank kept yen interest rates at 0% for a long time, and yet they had deflation for a long time, nominal prices were going down year to year. Then yen, strangely too, did not collapse.
    Last edited by jon_perez; 09-21-2008 at 09:32 PM.