View Poll Results: Who has read "Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have read it!

62 41.33%
  • I've heard of the book, but haven't read it.

78 52.00%
  • I own the book, but haven't read it.

10 6.67%
  • Never heard of it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has read "Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

Who has read "Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

Creature From Jekyll Island
    by G. Edward Griffin

I'm more than half way through and I'm completely impressed by the insight of G. Edward Griffin. This is a must read book by Ron Paul revolutionaries and sound money supporters.

It explains how the Federal Reserve was passed, how it works, and exactly why it is so dangerous to have a central bank like the Federal Reserve. It gets into the history of the bankers and how they've manipulated politics for hundreds of years and explains their future plans.

This books creates a solid logical foundation for the Globalist Conspiracy taking over the world.

You can get the book here:
    http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/cre...ll-island.html
    Last edited by FrankRep; 06-27-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought it a few weeks back. Just finished What Has Government Done to Our Money by Rothbard and now working on End of America, A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot by Wolf. So much to read....so little time.

I must admit, I am a bit intimidated by the size of "The Creature"

Quote Originally Posted by luke-gr View Post
    I bought it a few weeks back. Just finished What Has Government Done to Our Money by Rothbard and now working on End of America, A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot by Wolf. So much to read....so little time.

G. Edward Griffin is an excellent writer so time flies by. Just tackle it chapter by chapter.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

I finished this big book in about a week =D, while attending college.

Presentation on the "Creature from Jekyll Island" by G Edward Griffin

71 Mins

Audio Recording
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...11570371055528
    ----

The great thing about the Creature is it has summaries on a whole topic that is about 10-20 pages long. If you're more interested in it, you can read the rest of the topic that shows you how Griffin came to his conclusions.

It's a great book, also a good lender.. I've let like 3 people borrow it so far.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by luke-gr View Post

Every chapter has a "wrap-up" at the end that makes the main points but eliminates the details. My grandmother gave me the book and told me to read the condensed material at the end of the chapters if I felt daunted by the book-- that's mostly what she did. I think you're better off reading the chapters and skipping the wrap-ups. Also there are tons of footnotes which take up lots of space.

Having read Wolfe's book and Jekyll Island, I think you'll be much more satisfied and informed after reading Jekyll Island.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll start this weekend, it's the next book in by book meet up group!!!

Great video here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Great book. He's a marvelous story teller, and I also love to hear him speak.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

An Idea Whose Time Has Come
    - G. Edward Griffin

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91679758430958

Classic speech by G. Edward Griffin.
    ----

My dad gave it to me to read, but I still haven't read it...

I read it several years ago, and it's amazing how it reshapes your views of current events once you've read it.

The Creature is alive and well.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    I read it several years ago, and it's amazing how it reshapes your views of current events once you've read it.

The Creature is alive and well.
    I am 3/4ths through and it has deeply changed my view of world events and politics. And I am not an easy convert to any conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I am 3/4ths through and it has deeply changed my view of world events and politics. And I am not an easy convert to any conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories are completely valid as long as they are backed up with solid facts and sound information. G. Edward Griffin creates a very solid case for his conclusions.
    ----

I own the book and have read about a hundred pages, but I have a lot of trouble "committing" to books and remembering to finish them. I wish G. Edward would make an audiobook version...then I would sail through it in no time!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I own the book and have read about a hundred pages, but I have a lot of trouble "committing" to books and remembering to finish them. I wish G. Edward would make an audiobook version...then I would sail through it in no time!

Download this Griffin presentation onto your ipod..."The Reality of Money", its 4 hours and 30 min. (courtesy of Torchbearer)

http://boomp3.com/listen/byxw5nq0b_u...ality-of-money

The presentation essentially a summery many of the book's topics, though not necessarily in the same order...I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by shocker315; 09-16-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shocker315 View Post
    Download this Griffin presentation onto your ipod..."The Reality of Money", its 4 hours and 30 min. (courtesy of Torchbearer)

The presentation essentially a summery many of the books topics, though not necessarily in the same order...I highly recommend it.
    WOW!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!! (You too, Torchbearer!)

I've often admired Ed Griffin's video and audio presentations. The man's a fantastic orator. His video "An Idea Whose Time Has Come" is so good I must have watched it at least fifteen times.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 09-16-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Yup! I read it...probably one of the greatest books I've ever read--it's very easy to read, incredibly informative, and really shows the "meat and potatoes" of how/why the Fed works the way it does, and the implications it has on society.

bump
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by shocker315 View Post

The presentation essentially a summery many of the book's topics, though not necessarily in the same order...I highly recommend it.
    Very NICE...thanks all!
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

Read it many years ago (early 90's). Loved it! Passed around several copies, still have a couple new ones saved for my kids...

The book that changed my life...

So much impact from one book!

For those who have not yet read it:

Start at any chapter you find appealing- GEG designed it that way.

If you intend to sleep, do not read at night - very unsettling and at times downright scary.

Do not lend your only copy, as you most likely will never see it again.

The book's conclusion led me to the Liberty Dollar, and the rest is history.

Once you finish "The Creature," and understand money, then you should obtain "World Without Cancer," and then GEG will help you understand the medical/pharmaceutical cabal.
    Peacefully Engaged in Domestic Economic Terrorism Since 2004.

Audit Fort Knox so we will know how much Tungsten backs the FRN!

We need to start a project to send a copy of "Creature From Jekyll Island" to every Economics High school teacher and College professor. They can start educating their students.
    ----

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone hasn't read the book I can't think of a better time to read it than now. It's just so relevant to understanding what's happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DEforRP View Post
    If anyone hasn't read the book I can't think of a better time to read it than now. It's just so relevant to understanding what's happening right now.
    Yes. This book by far should be in everyone's library.
    ----

I read the book and it opened my eyes to the mechanism behind this fraudulent monetary system. I am baffled at how this book has not reached NY Times Best Seller status. Its been in print for years and has been translated to many languages. I have a feeling it has yet to reach its zenith in popularity.

As trivial as it might sound, I think it needs a redesign of the cover which is totally horrendous with its stretched type and cheesy color scheme. More importantly it needs to be more concise and accessible to ordinary Americans.
    Last edited by H Roark; 09-22-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Bump...

Reason:
    I want the Federal Reserve destroyed!
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Creature From Jekyll Island
    by G. Edward Griffin

I'm more than half way through and I'm completely impressed by the insight of G. Edward Griffin. This is a must read book by Ron Paul revolutionaries and sound money supporters.
    http://www.shopjbs.org/magento/index...ll-island.html
    I read it about four years ago. It is one of the foundational pieces in my financial library ... along with Mises' "Theory of Money and Credit" and "Human Action".

Brian

bump
    ----

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast