Thread: Very ODD happenings

Very ODD happenings

It appears(though I could be wrongo- thoughts?) that the government is putting commercial banks with insured deposits into bed with the failing institutions on purpose. It looks like they do not want to be seen bailing out Wall st but by allowing commercial banks with insured deposits to eventually fail, they will market it is a massive FDIC insurance bailout to help the public? I mean who would not support getting thier deposits back? I hope I am wrong but I see no other reason for this structure. I believe that instead of having the FED and Treasury look like they are corporate whores, they will bankrupt the big banks instead and pretend to be saving us? Any thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hard to say. But I can tell you that every Republican administration in my lifetime has seen the largest corporation in the whole world created. Just when you think they can't get any bigger, more unresponsive and monopolistic, another Republican gets elected to the White House...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yes INDEED,

Always a backup plan...

Indirect loans/bailouts... excellent cover

Just like the Federal laws prohibiting, like the CIA, FBI, etc, from assassinating or overthrowing foreign officials.

But it's still legal to pay a 3rd party who fowards the money to a foreign entity to conduct a domestic upheaval, overthrow, assassination, etc.

Who's minding the MINT?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    It appears(though I could be wrongo- thoughts?) that the government is putting commercial banks with insured deposits into bed with the failing institutions on purpose. It looks like they do not want to be seen bailing out Wall st but by allowing commercial banks with insured deposits to eventually fail, they will market it is a massive FDIC insurance bailout to help the public? I mean who would not support getting thier deposits back? I hope I am wrong but I see no other reason for this structure. I believe that instead of having the FED and Treasury look like they are corporate whores, they will bankrupt the big banks instead and pretend to be saving us? Any thoughts?
    Yes, I think that you are onto something here. My mind wandered a little down that road, but not as far as FDIC. I stopped at how is this going to help to heap all this garbage onto BofA? Won't we bail them out in the end?

I think you are right about simply pushing it off down the road and bailing out later--CREATE another too big to fail.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

I think that's the plan

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    Yes, I think that you are onto something here. My mind wandered a little down that road, but not as far as FDIC. I stopped at how is this going to help to heap all this garbage onto BofA? Won't we bail them out in the end?

I think you are right about simply pushing it off down the road and bailing out later--CREATE another too big to fail.
    limp thru the elections, then recapitalize the FDIC and make it look like mom and pop are being bailed out instead of Wall St. Its a brilliant plan but it sure pisses me off and of course we all will support it. Meanwhile the banks will be handing out depositors money by the bucketloads to these charlatans.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    limp thru the elections, then recapitalize the FDIC and make it look like mom and pop are being bailed out instead of Wall St. Its a brilliant plan but it sure pisses me off and of course we all will support it. Meanwhile the banks will be handing out depositors money by the bucketloads to these charlatans.
    Just like the Government gave the appearance of BAILING OUT the mortgage owners in their homes, with a BIG FUNDING campaign and Washington DC political hooplahs.

Of Course that POS Senators Christopher Dodd (C-DT) and Kent Conrade had the Banks themselves write the bailout for the majority moneyall going to the financial institutions. BS!

Then the bailouts for the little guy are for ARM, etc for ONLY the year 2008.

It's all smoke and mirrors with the Silver Tongued Devils
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran