Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A message from Barr field director

Arguing that your candidate is showing leadership is one thing. Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    I'm going to spend the next few months making video's about how $#@!ing stupid Bob $#@!ing Barr and the entire libertarian party is.
    please do ,let me know so i can spread far and wide, barr is finished, never trusted the bastard when he had my vote,now he doesn't exist anymore .. never trust barr or the lp again both are an embarrassment to our movement!!!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by filmgeek View Post
    I just logged into myspace, then pasted the address and, unfortunately, it is a real myspace page.
    Huh - I'll be damned...

I don't use myspace, or have a login to it at all - so it looked suspicious to me. And I did cite the "error" incorrectly.

But I did just follow his homepage link to his blog, and found it - so it is for real.

What a bastard.
    Check out my blog @ www.ultimateminority.com

Quote Originally Posted by MGreen View Post
    Arguing that your candidate is showing leadership is one thing. Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.
    Either he's a belligerent loose-cannon who should have been put on a leash, or his move was entirely intentional and possibly premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he was the same advisor who convinced Barr to back out this morning...if so, he's probably on somebody else's payroll (other than just Barr's) and in place to cause division in our movement and simultaneously tank Barr. If he's not the guy who convinced Barr to back out, it's also possible that Barr has orchestrated these stunts himself to cause division in our movement (or he has several bad/corrupt advisors). Time will tell...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Either he's a belligerent loose-cannon who should have been put on a leash, or his move was entirely intentional and possibly premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he was the same advisor who convinced Barr to back out this morning...if so, he's probably on somebody else's payroll (other than just Barr's) and in place to cause division in our movement and simultaneously tank Barr. If he's not the guy who convinced Barr to back out, it's also possible that Barr has orchestrated these stunts himself to cause division in our movement (or he has several bad/corrupt advisors). Time will tell...
    agree with this, it has all the hallmarks of internal sabotage, by the way, Ron Paul's campaign wasn't immune from such people.

It now is obvious that not only Bob Barr is a neocon but his directors are neocons too.

It had to be pre-canned. think about it. that was quite a long post and was posted very quickly after the events of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    never heard of him
    lol. I'm with you on that, storm.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Last edited by Drknows; 09-10-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Shows that it was posted at "9:35 AM" was that not before the press conference even started??? I think this stinks of a set-up big time. the question now was Barr a part of it or a pawn??

This National Field Director $#@! needs to remember something: He's talking $#@! about Paul and his press conference when, up until this morning, Bob Barr had actually committed to GO to this press conference. Now that Barr has gone back on his word and bailed with very little warning, his National Field Director is railing against the press conference as if Barr was always vocally opposed to it (rather than blatantly standing Paul up) - and on top of that, he's using it as an opportunity to make personal insults against Paul and insinuations of greed!

It looks to me like Bob Barr followed some horrible advice, went back on his word and stood Paul up, and then noticed the backlash - and so his National Field Director is brashly trying to "save face" for Barr through an extremely ill-advised unprovoked attack on Paul. That's really beyond the pail. If Barr actually agrees with this guy and/or sanctioned this attack, then he can seriously go to hell. I've never really trusted Barr, but I've been liking what he's been saying recently...until today. He has some serious explaining and asskissing to do at this point.
    He could start with an apology on ALL of the prime time cable shows, an apology in the NYT and WaPo.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    He could start with an apology on ALL of the prime time cable shows, an apology in the NYT and WaPo.
    I agree...
    How Bob Barr handles this fiasco now will determine whether he was sabotaged or complicit. (Unless he really does just have complete idiots working for him...)

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just out of curiosity, where is TONES today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by azamalech View Post
    Wow. Respect for Barr going down...and down...

Anyone know if Chuck Baldwin is on the Virginia ballot? I heard Ron Paul/Mike Bloomberg (weirdest ticket ever) might be there because some group got enough signatures, that would be a good vote...
    Yes Baldwin is on the VA Ballot

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where is TONES today?
    Obsessively signing his name somewhere else maybe...
    Seriously though, it'd be interesting to hear his take on this, given how emotionally invested he is (or was?) in Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by MGreen View Post
    Labeling Ron Paul a swindler, and all of his supporters as suckers, is probably the dumbest political move imaginable. I have no idea what's going on in this guy's head.
    Maybe Barr's people have been reading HERE. lol.

I mean, come on. A whole $#@!load of RPFs members have come damn close to calling Ron a swindler themselves. They got agitated by certain posters whose lives were dedicated to repeating that lie over and over and over.

Some here fell for it.

It caused much dissention.

Now, they're taking that same drumbeat national.

Good job and kudos to those who defended those anti-paul people. I'm sure y'all are real proud of your work today.

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Notice how the Barr campaign guy did not actually say "abolish the Federal reserve"...very fishy........Barr himself never talks about the Fed either.
    "Countries are benefited when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete."

CFR task force co-chairman Robert Pastor

I have rarely read anything so venemous, deceitful, and downright repulsive.

The Libertarian Party is an ugly shell of its former self.
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

Quote Originally Posted by nbhadja View Post
    Notice how the Barr campaign guy did not actually say "abolish the Federal reserve"...very fishy........Barr himself never talks about the Fed either.
    That's because it's NOT ALLOWED.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Now I'm mad! Barr and his advisers screwed up big time. Unless there's a major apology and some reconciliation with the good Doctor, I cannot vote Barr. I will choose between Ralph Nader and Chuck Baldwin.

Amazing, just to think that a week ago I was energized from the rally and ready to whole-heartedly cast a vote for Barr as a way to send a message.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

To be fair and looking at it objectively

He is right RP has made a sh-tload of money but he forgot to mention he spent a ton of money in St. Paul on convention millions I believe.

Barr is a neo-con

Wow, this is some pretty disgusting stuff...
    “One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.” - Thomas Brackett Reed

I love this point by point that was posted:

Field Director's statement, examined
    On September 10th, 2008 fanofwalt says:

...along with the nominees of two small, minor political parties...

As opposed to the big, meaty, presidential-office-winning, mainstream majority Libertarian Party?

Of the four invitees, only Bob Barr had the sense to skip the event. He held his own press conference, also in Washington, D.C., later in the day.

...without bothering to give advance notice, or even inform Paul at all, that Barr was bailing on the 10am press conference. Mr. Integrity!

Ron Paul has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty.

Here, try this:

BOB BARR has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty.

FTFY.

If he were truly serious about this being "about the message" and not the man, he would be making sure that the message is resonating far and wide through and during the Presidential campaign.

Once again, just replace "he" with "Bob Barr."

...in an effort in ego, [Paul] chose to allow his name to go on the ballot in direct competition with the other candidates he claims to encourage people to consider voting for.

Bob Barr's staff is preaching about Paul's ego trip??????

The Libertarian Party then nominated the only credible pro-freedom candidate in the Presidential race, former Congressman Bob Barr...

Can't...type...laughing...too...hard!!!!... * snort!! * chortle!! *

...today [Paul] took a cop-out course of action by encouraging a nondescript "vote third party" message that would water down the impact of the freedom vote.

In other words, RP copped out by supporting third-party candidacy, when what he should have done is...support third-party candidacy. Helloooooo?

As painful as it is to state the obvious: this campaign by the man is no longer about the message...

Whereas Bob Barr's campaign is about...er...the man, Bob Barr.

America still needs to hear that message and only Bob Barr is capable of taking the message further down the field.

See above comment. It's all about Bob, the only person on God's green Earth who is capable of furthering the freedom message. All you patriots, go home -- Bob doesn't need you! Super Bob can do do it all on his own; why, he's the only one who can!

Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to...

...Bob Barr's win for the Presidency.

The Barr campaign continues to pick up steam...

Today, that steam was from under the collars of patriots who are seething mad at Barr.

People are listening...

YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE WE ARE!!

In any event, get involved in the Barr campaign because this campaign is actually about the message.

Oh, we got Barr's message. Loud and clear.

Is this guy really speaking for Bob Barr?
    You know after hearing Ron Paul speak I was actually ready to change my vote and vote for Barr in the spirit of unity and getting things done. I thought that surely Barr was the third party candidate that stood the greatest chance of getting elected.
    Now I tend to think the man is doing little more than playing the game for his own selfish means.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

It's the mustache with all the power. Don't blame the man.
    Send a Ron Paul Satellite into space to broadcast his NYT Bestseller to the whole Universe

http://www.ronpaulrocket.com

Join the Team!

I have been staunchly anti-barr since he announced his campaign.

The funny thing is, since I don't like any of the candidates running, I was really considering holding my nose and voting for Barr if this press conference went well today.

Needless to say, I won't be voting for Barr. I'll be campaigning against him just as if he were Obama or McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Falseflagop View Post
    He is right RP has made a sh-tload of money but he forgot to mention he spent a ton of money in St. Paul on convention millions I believe.

Barr is a neo-con

... nm misread. deleted statement
    Send a Ron Paul Satellite into space to broadcast his NYT Bestseller to the whole Universe

http://www.ronpaulrocket.com

Join the Team!

Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    I'm going to spend the next few months making video's about how $#@!ing stupid Bob $#@!ing Barr and the entire libertarian party is.

Woot! New Aravoth vids!!!!!

That blog is absolutely disgusting. HOW DARE HIM! Seriously. Who the hell is he to talk that kind of slanderish trash about Ron Paul? The whole Barr campaign can kiss my ass.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast