Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A message from Barr field director

Pretty decent article -- I largely agree with it. I sincerely doubt it will "implode Barr's campaign" just because it offends a few of the people here. Get over yourselves.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    Buh Bye Candy Barr.
    *groan*

Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    You don't trust anything until it comes out of Bob's mouth is the point though. Don't be a hypocrite. If someone from RP's campaign made a dick move like this, we'd be mad at the individual. Which HAS happened before.
    The real problem is...Barr didn't show up. We don't need anything from his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by EotS View Post
    I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.
    When I clicked comment, it took me to www.myspace.com and asked me to log in, but I didn't.
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

Hmm...This really makes me wonder in life when we make certain choices at which direction does our own perception and prejudices become our own worst enemy?

Is this possible this whole thing could be the misunderstanding between individuals which in politics becomes a monster this easily?

I'm hesitant to cast judgement as I can see an error of perception could easily cause this type of rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicangela View Post
    When I clicked comment, it took me to www.myspace.com and asked me to log in, but I didn't.
    Same here.

Bob Barr didn't show. Who knows if this is it, or misdirection? But in the end, Barr didn't show.

He can throw hissies over the fact that Ron Paul won't give him an unqualified, solo recommendation all day. Doesn't help. What Ron Paul was doing was obviously an attempt to convince people of all stripes that the Demopublican Party does not represent them. Simple, no? Well, why would he sabotage that?

And if this guy is official in the campaign, he needs to be muzzled (or, it being too late, fired) for a pile of unsubstantiated charges of profiteering and corruption. Dr. Paul the traitor to our cause? Hmmm... Seems there's plenty of that to go 'round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Can it be anymore obvious what Barr's true intentions are?

It's time for a lot of people around here to start eating crow.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSteven View Post
    The real problem is...Barr didn't show up. We don't need anything from his mouth.
    Great Point. Im not saying that this was Barr's statement. It just adds some perspective to the events of this morning. Last I checked many of us were about getting ALL the information not just listening to one persons statement.

This is a betrayal of epic proportions

I can't believe this. What the hell is this $#@! about! Bob Barr just lost my vote, unless he reconciles with Dr. Paul etc... What a piece of crap!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Barr is getting some bad advice.
    +1

Apparently, Barr said very positive things about RP at his press conference and affirmed the four planks agreed to with the other 3rd party candidates. I don't think he is an enemy of RP's but this field director dick sure is.

RP's event would have had much more shock value if Barr had showed and he'd not had his nothingburger press conference today. The message was our corrupt political system, not who's friends with who. I don't think it was Barr's idea not to go. Someone talked him out of it, else why would he go back on his word at the last minute?

Still doesn't speak well of Barr's decision-making ability.
    "Greater than the tread of armies is an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo

I'm beginning to smell Richard Viguerie in some of these posts.

Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to the message of freedom and the Constitution.
    WHAT!? This guy Mike Ferguson looks like an Arby's eating douche. Reading that just makes me want to Bob Barf!
    Last edited by H Roark; 09-10-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Can it be anymore obvious what Barr's true intentions are?

It's time for a lot of people around here to start eating crow.
    Power. His life story, his actions, and his positions, detail what he wants more than anything else. He is an opportunist. I've said nothing different from day one.

Eating crow. I love it.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Fine. Another "my way or the byway" AUTHORITARIAN candidate. So long...
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

The LP could have thrown their full support behind RP earlier during the primaries with an endorsement of RP to show unity. Now they want to chastise RP for keeping his word and paint him as an opportunity squanderer. How quickly we forget.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

The crazy thing is, I think this is Austin Petersen. Someone I have had a lot of email exchange with and was one of the most active Ron Paul supporters in the entire nation, working out of the NYC meetup. If this WAS written by him, I would be shocked. I emailed him a few hours ago. We'll see what he has to say I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if Ron Paul himself will make a public statement about Bob Barr's no-show?
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by EotS View Post
    I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.

I just logged into myspace, then pasted the address and, unfortunately, it is a real myspace page.

Quote Originally Posted by SnappleLlama View Post
    Oooohh....fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Ron Paul v. Bob Barr. On the house floor. After recess.
    Barr is no longer on the house floor. Oops!
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Barr is no longer on the house floor. Oops!
    Yeah, I know! I'd still pay to see it happen, though!

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).
    What kind of blasphemy is this?? He doesn't have the energy? PLEASE the man just spent the past year on the campaign trail and survived!.. the man has more energy than 20 20-year-olds!

And to say he doesn't have the guts?? Are you kidding me? This man stands up to GLOBALIST ELITES, some of the most powerful people in the world, and you're saying he doesn't have the guts to "do something"??

What is it that you wanted him to do!??

and one more question........

What the F*** have you done??
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

This guy should be working for Chuck Baldwin. He just landing Chuck a lot of votes!
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by nullvalu View Post
    What kind of blasphemy is this?? He doesn't have the energy? PLEASE the man just spent the past year on the campaign trail and survived!.. the man has more energy than 20 20-year-olds!

And to say he doesn't have the guts?? Are you kidding me? This man stands up to GLOBALIST ELITES, some of the most powerful people in the world, and you're saying he doesn't have the guts to "do something"??

What is it that you wanted him to do!??

and one more question........

What the F*** have you done??
    I said that it was one of the two, and it was probably that he was out of energy. I don't blame him for that, I only regret that this campaign didn't happen in 2000 or 2004, when he was younger and could have been more active.

What am I doing? I have been volunteering since a few weeks after I came to support Paul in November of last year. I am now trying to form a third party that can unite many of the misfits that are currently Independent or members of one of the failed and tarnished third parties.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Agreed. Anyone who is pissed at Baldwin should notice that Baldwin WAS there,and will be on Lou Dobbs tonight.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I said that it was one of the two, and it was probably that he was out of energy. I don't blame him for that, I only regret that this campaign didn't happen in 2000 or 2004, when he was younger and could have been more active.

What am I doing? I have been volunteering since a few weeks after I came to support Paul in November of last year. I am now trying to form a third party that can unite many of the misfits that are currently Independent or members of one of the failed and tarnished third parties.
    edit: ah i may have read it wrong and thought you were imply he didn't have the guts. though, i dont know why you would suggest such a thing.

and.....good luck with your 3rd party. it wont unite anyone, just cause further divisions.
    Last edited by nullvalu; 09-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

This National Field Director $#@! needs to remember something: He's talking $#@! about Paul and his press conference when, up until this morning, Bob Barr had actually committed to GO to this press conference. Now that Barr has gone back on his word and bailed with very little warning, his National Field Director is railing against the press conference as if Barr was always vocally opposed to it (rather than blatantly standing Paul up) - and on top of that, he's using it as an opportunity to make personal insults against Paul and insinuations of greed!

It looks to me like Bob Barr followed some horrible advice, went back on his word and stood Paul up, and then noticed the backlash - and so his National Field Director is brashly trying to "save face" for Barr through an extremely ill-advised unprovoked attack on Paul. That's really beyond the pail. If Barr actually agrees with this guy and/or sanctioned this attack, then he can seriously go to hell. I've never really trusted Barr, but I've been liking what he's been saying recently...until today. He has some serious explaining and asskissing to do at this point.

I think that you may have missed another option in your post: It's not about whether he has the guts or the energy, he has both. He also has a responsibility to his district in the house.

We know he won't win, even if he ran with Barr, and he has a duty to fulfill his obligation as Congressman of the 14th district. If he keeps playing around with this presidential run stuff, it takes away from that. In my opinion, he's trying to balance the revolution he started with his house duties. I commend him for that.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by nullvalu View Post
    You said it was one of the two, probably the former, implying he didn't have the guts.

and.....good luck with your 3rd party. it wont unite anyone, just cause further divisions.
    Former means the first one.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast