Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A message from Barr field director

A message from Barr field director

This was posted in the comments on Bob Barr's website. It is a post from the field director of his campaign. The post is on his personal myspace page:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=431855381

Earlier today, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) held a press conference in Washington, D.C. where he said…well, nothing...

He invited Libertarian Party Presidential nominee Bob Barr and independent Presidential candidate Ralph Nader along with the nominees of two small, minor political parties to stand behind him as he encouraged Americans to vote for anyone other than Sens. Barak Obama and John McCain.

Ron Paul wasted the press corps' time with this press conference. It accomplished nothing and displayed a complete lack of leadership on Paul's part.

Of the four invitees, only Bob Barr had the sense to skip the event. He held his own press conference, also in Washington, D.C., later in the day.

Among the things in Ron Paul's statement was a reference to the "principled non-voter", claiming they are sending a message and should start a "League of Non Voters" to impact the nation and government.

So, in other words, Paul stated that people should not vote for Obama or McCain and should vote for a third party nominee…unless they really don't want to.

Allow me to set the good Doctor straight: "principled non voters" count the same, and have the same impact on America, as lazy, apathetic citizens who simply do not care enough to get involved and vote. There is no difference between the wannabe political philosopher who refuses to cast a vote "out of principle" and the lazy citizen who chooses to remain ignorant of the issues, the candidates and his or her government.

Keep in mind that some of Paul's followers have placed his name on the Presidential ballot in two states (Louisiana and Montana). Paul could have kept his name off the ballot in those states by simply requesting that he not be listed as a candidate in the general election, but in an effort in ego, he chose to allow his name to go on the ballot in direct competition with the other candidates he claims to encourage people to consider voting for.

Ron Paul has, again, blown a tremendous opportunity to lead and advance the agenda of the Constitution, and individual liberty. Since he launched his Presidential Exploratory Committee almost two years ago, Ron Paul has repeatedly said this campaign is not about the man (him) but about the message (liberty and the Constitution).

Really, Dr. Paul? Your actions belie your words.

If he were truly serious about this being "about the message" and not the man, he would be making sure that the message is resonating far and wide through and during the Presidential campaign.

The Libertarian Party begged him to accept its nomination and continue his campaign through Election Day. He declined.

The Libertarian Party then nominated the only credible pro-freedom candidate in the Presidential race, former Congressman Bob Barr, but Paul refused to support him, saying he is working for freedom within the Republican Party.

Backing Barr would have taken courage on Paul's part. Instead, today he took a cop-out course of action by encouraging a nondescript "vote third party" message that would water down the impact of the freedom vote. If Americans are serious about sending a message that demands the restoration of our civil liberties, an end to the war in Iraq, a foreign policy that makes sense and solid, realistic economic policies then there is only one option to vote for on November 4th – Bob Barr.

Ron Paul knows that. Instead, he encouraged watering down the vote while maximizing his marketing base for the Campaign for Liberty, his book sales, etc.

After Rep. Paul collected millions in donations from Libertarians, independents and Republicans during his campaign, he has since:

1) Sold his followers a book

2) Had people travel to (or donate to) a march on Washington D.C. that ultimately proved to be too small to even get noticed, much less have any sort of impact

3) Launched the "Campaign for Liberty" and hit up his followers, again, for donations to this organization that has made no noticeable effort to support liberty-minded candidates

4) Sold thousands of tickets to the "Rally for the Republic" in Minnesota, where he then sold t-shirts, more books, vendor booth space, advertising in the programs and a host of other things.

Ron Paul is now in the Ron Paul business – and business is lucrative.

As painful as it is to state the obvious: this campaign by the man is no longer about the message, it is about the money – lots of it. Other than in his pocket and in the pocket of his paid staff, where is all the money going?

No one seems to know for sure.

In a time of economic recession, Paul has found a way to keep going back to the financial well of his followers, creating yet another challenge for candidates who are still running for office at all levels and are unable to raise the funds needed to effectively spread the message of liberty and the Constitution.

I was among the first to donate to Dr. Paul's Exploratory committee and I also donated to his Presidential campaign. Once he dropped out of the race, though, I did the responsible thing and got behind the only remaining credible candidate, Bob Barr, who is capable of injecting the message Ron Paul claims to want to spread through Election Day and beyond.

America still needs to hear that message and only Bob Barr is capable of taking the message further down the field. Unfortunately, it is obvious that Ron Paul is more interested in making money off the message than helping spread it through someone else. Maybe he is worried that Bob Barr will publish a book and compete for customers.

Thousands of Americans rushed to join Ron Paul's campaign, myself included. For us, it has always been about the message. We were thrilled to have someone serve as spokesman for the cause of liberty and back a candidate who could leverage his position as a major-party candidate to spread our message to millions through the campaign.

That is why we donated millions of dollars collectively.

Since ending his Presidential campaign, though, Ron Paul has gone from being the hope for America to being a major obstacle to the message of freedom and the Constitution.

By contrast, Bob Barr showed that he is not just talking about and rallying for the message of freedom, he is doing something about the need to put liberty and Constitutional issues front and center in the Presidential campaign.

The Barr campaign continues to pick up steam in the national media and in the polls. People are listening and we cannot miss this opportunity to maximize our reach. The message is still getting out – because of Bob Barr.

Dr. Paul, where is the leadership from you? We certainly did not see any today in Washington, D.C.

Do Paul's loyal followers, I ask one simple question: Are you serious about continuing to spread the message of Liberty for America?

If so, prove it. Go to www.bobbarr2008.com and sign up for our email updates. Then, look for a MeetUp group in your area – if there isn't one already, start one. Also, make a donation to the campaign. In any event, get involved in the Barr campaign because this campaign is actually about the message.
    Talk about stabbing a friend in the back. I would now vote ANYONE over Barr.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oooohh....fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Ron Paul v. Bob Barr. On the house floor. After recess.
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

never heard of him

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    This was posted in the comments on Bob Barr's website. It is a post from the field director of his campaign. The post is on his personal myspace page:

Talk about stabbing a friend in the back. I would now vote ANYONE over Barr.
    what a $#@!ing douchebag
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Suck on that Barr trolls.

This is the end of Bob Barr.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Wow. Respect for Barr going down...and down...

Anyone know if Chuck Baldwin is on the Virginia ballot? I heard Ron Paul/Mike Bloomberg (weirdest ticket ever) might be there because some group got enough signatures, that would be a good vote...

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    Suck on that Barr trolls.

This is the end of Bob Barr.
    because some nobody posted on myspace? lol

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Barr is getting some bad advice.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

I'm going to spend the next few months making video's about how $#@!ing stupid Bob $#@!ing Barr and the entire libertarian party is.

Quote Originally Posted by azamalech View Post
    Wow. Respect for Barr going down...and down...

Anyone know if Chuck Baldwin is on the Virginia ballot? I heard Ron Paul/Mike Bloomberg (weirdest ticket ever) might be there because some group got enough signatures, that would be a good vote...
    Baldwin is on the VA ballot. The party that was going to do Bloomberg/Paul decided to keep their promise to the CP and put Baldwin/Castle on instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Whatsa matter now Brad? Maybe you could organize a letter campaign, or talk about how $#@!ed up his campaign is being run. It did wonders for Paul.

Who is Bob Barr? Never heard of him.
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Whoever's advising him is taking down the LP with Barr.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    because some nobody posted on myspace? lol
    A nobody huh....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=316475225

"Currently, Mike is the National Field Director for the Bob Barr Presidential campaign."

It was posted by SOME GUY on MYSPACE! Put it in perspective.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    someone just got BARRED from the whitehouse forever, and that is Barr.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. He just lost many, many votes today.

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    Baldwin is on the VA ballot. The party that was going to do Bloomberg/Paul decided to keep their promise to the CP and put Baldwin/Castle on instead.
    And for info on other states:
    http://www.constitutionparty.com/ba_stats.php

I have to say, I half agree with him. I still think Ron Paul is a principled man, with integrity no one can attack. However, and I believe it is because he is getting up there in years, not because of any lack of guts on his part, he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Bad Bob Barr is a Bum.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

"National Field Director" is not just "some guy."

Anyone want to nominate this for "fastest imploding campaign ever"?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatRock View Post
    "National Field Director" is not just "some guy."

Anyone want to nominate this for "fastest imploding campaign ever"?
    I would, but that option isn't on the PA ballot
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    I have to say, I half agree with him. I still think Ron Paul is a principled man, with integrity no one can attack. However, and I believe it is because he is getting up there in years, not because of any lack of guts on his part, he simply doesn't have the will to actually get up and do something. He and everyone else knows that he was the only hope of a really strong third party showing in the General Election, and he simply either doesn't have the energy to run or doesn't have the guts to (and I tend to think the former).
    being a campaigner is draining to say the least.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    It was posted by SOME GUY on MYSPACE! Put it in perspective.
    That "some guy" is a field director for Barr according to the OP.

You don't trust anything until it comes out of Bob's mouth is the point though. Don't be a hypocrite. If someone from RP's campaign made a dick move like this, we'd be mad at the individual. Which HAS happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Is he THE field director? Or someone that considers himself a field director? There's been a lot of self promotion of fabled "officials" in all these campaigns.

I think this is a hoax

I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.
    Check out my blog @ www.ultimateminority.com

Buh Bye Candy Barr.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Quote Originally Posted by EotS View Post
    I smell a rat guys. If you click to make a comment, it'll send you to a "not a real myspace page" error.
    o rly?

I hate being stuck at work! damn you, firewall!

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast