Thread: Ron Paul Revolution - California Dream'n

Ron Paul Revolution - California Dream'n

I just got back from a training trip in Los Angeles where we trained a dozen people on the making of signs and provided them with all of the material and equipment needed to get started. I am confident that those that have been seeking this sort of inertia breaker will take advantage of the education immediately.

The Phoenix RPRevolutionaries are gearing up to help California get caught up. With millions of people in their cars on the enormous parking lot they call a freeway system, I am of the opinion that there are many missed opportunities to promote Ron Paul.

My opinion about how it is that California hasn't embraced the idea behind projects like "Painting the Town Ron" aren't that relevant. What is relevant is that there are many people that I have been in contact with that are very anxious to get started in California and I see the benefit to us all in making sure that they are successful.

There is enough need and support in the Southwest to make certain that California's population, media and importance in the primary delegate selection process for the nomination gets the attention that is required to have an impact on Ron Paul's effort. So much so that we are in the process of site selection for a 3000 sq. ft.+ location for sign production in Los Angeles to be opened as soon as possible and the possibility of staging our next Freedom Summit there this fall (www.FreedomSummit.com - we're working on it now)

Phoenix has committed to working with locals in the L.A. area to make certain that they are ready to receive the help of everyone willing to participate in the massive effort to blitz Los Angeles and as much of the rest of California within the next 6 weeks.

Over 35 million people live in California and exposure to Ron Paul and his message has been far too limited.

I have no intention of debating the pros and cons of expanding the RonPaulRevolution to California, I am here to make a statement of fact and to ask for any help others are willing to make.

The opportunity to make a large impact with signs is great but with such a large population, the production of DVDs, fliers, stickers, etc. in an effective quantity is very expensive, so a sign blitz is the most cost effective. Donations of promotional material and manpower for a near future effort in California should be contemplated by us all,... here's some reasons why.

California's primary provides for the selection of delegates by Congressional Districts that are won. Ron Paul is doing very well in California in some areas but to the general population outside of the high tech industry areas he is still almost unknown in this liberal state. California represents one of, if not the largest media markets in the world and almost nothing about Ron Paul has been generated by the media there. The largest demographic of those likely to support Ron Paul's socially liberal & fiscally conservative positions are there. The entertainment industry, along with the celebrity endorsements, WILL NOT openly endorse Ron Paul until they see action on their street, on their way to work and talked about around the movie sets. Etc etc etc.

South Carolina RPRevolutionaries introduced us to the perfect material for the making of sign stencils http://freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-A...?InfoNo=023225 and the Utah RPRevolutionaries have been behind the introduction to the best and cheapest material for signs. Google: "Outdoor Advertising Billboards 'large city near you'" and you'll get a contact for getting used vinyl billboard material that is unrippable, needs no grommets, is plain white on the back side, often free for the taking or very cheap, produces dozens of signs per billboard, easy to transport, lite and costs from 30 cents to $1 for an 8 foot wide banner in 2 colors (ask for the Operations Manager -or- The person in charge of putting the signs up and taking them down).

At about 1 minute and 6 seconds into this YouTube http://youtube.com/watch?v=OaG2xYkq9YA you can see the folded banners used in Iowa (Josh is at the beginning,... very cute . Over 500 banners worth of material was donated for free by a sign company wanting to be rid of the material. The landfills charge extra because the material does not degrade. We are traveling to Las Vegas this next weekend to get MANY of these for use in the southwest.

BTW - Latest Version of the Ron Paul Revolution logo
    http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploa...05-30-2007.pdf

If you have contacts in California that you think are supportive of our effort to help bring attention to Ron Paul in California, then please forward this information to them. Please contact me directly if you are interested in participating in the California effort. ernesthancock at cox.net 602 717 5900.

This forum is the only one that I will make this announcement to until we have made a final decision on the location of the sign production address (too much noise to message everywhere else) so I hope you'll be selective in the sharing of this information with those that understand the need for a much higher profile for Ron Paul in such an important state that is very far behind IMNSHO

Oh! We also just worked out a deal where we have access to a computer run router that can cut out dozens of the stencils (or any design) in minutes. We are ordering a large quantity of the 'Waterproof Wallboard' stencil material so that we can send stencil kits ready made around the country (they roll up and then lay flat in minutes and can be shipped in concrete form tubes about 12 inches in diameter ). We also have a supplier that is supportive of Ron Paul that has produced large 24" high stickers (for truck tailgates etc. and the screened rear window sun shades with the RPR logo on it. This same individual (when back from a trade show in two weeks) will begin the mass production of the very small stickers that are very popular for creative placement.

Ernest Hancock
    www.FreedomsPhoenix.com
    Last edited by Ernest Hancock; 09-03-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Add information

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Ernie!

I spoke with you on the phone earlier in the week about getting some materials for our Minnesota Sign Making party.

It's still on for this weekend, so there should be some video available by Sunday.

Also, I recall you had an extra stencil you were going to ship to me, but I haven't received anything.

Thanks,
    Chris

Stencil on the way

Your Stencil and some extra goodies are on the way (just some samples of the stuff we have that would fit in a tube mailer).

Sorry about the delay but I needed the stencil template I had left for my trip to California and I just got back Friday night and today is Labor Day so it'll go out tomorrow FedEx Ground.

I just didn't have the time to get another template done before I had to leave. I tried calling you but didn't get a call back from your work VM I think.

How did your search for used billboards go?

Ernie

thanks for everything your doing ernie.....i'm the one from iowa city that took a stencil when you were helping out in des moines prior to the straw poll....last sunday we put up 15 banners around town....we still have one on a overpass over 218 we will hit up this site again in the future been up a whole week so far great stuff....we also had several in the u of iowa campus area that stayed up for days...only two remain now 1 over highway 218 (kinda strange one of 2 was taken down maybe somebody wanted one to take home?) and one on a fence along I-80.

Excellent post!! I applaud your efforts.

I definitely agree that California is a very important state with the most delegates of any. I am an assistant organizer of the Bakersfield, CA Meetup group. Bakersfield is the center of Kern County which is the Republican heart of California. The group is planning to make large signs and this information will be very useful. Keep me updated on happenings here in CA.

Rapid City, right?

I remember you and your son were very productive and you brought some friends as well (I knew you would have fun).

Did you hook up with:
    Lamar Outdoor Advertising
    7509 N Highway 79, Black Hawk, SD
    (605) 787-6688 ?

I looked up this address on a Google map and this wasn't the location I got the material from but I remember that they were connected in some way and that the storage facility was at another location. I think the guy's name was Kenny or Kieth (try Kenny).

If you ask for the guy in charge of the Used Billboard material you'll sent to the right guy I'm sure. I told him that the material was for covering stuff but he didn't seem to care. All he was worried about was an alcohol ad being visible to a school (they had an internal memo to that effect etc.)

I was able to get Des Moines over 1300 signs worth of material by the time I left so I'm sure they got enough to supply Iowa for at least a few weeks

Great to hear that you're busy and making waves. And if you aren't having fun, then you are doing it wrong

Ernie

nice keep up the great work in cali! I just drove through the LA area last week along the south freeway. I kept spotting great overpass hanging locations on 6-8 lane passes that was just begging for a ron paul make over. Even if the signs only last a day there, thats tens of thousands of people hearing the ron paul name.
    RON PAUL MAY BE A LONG SHOT BUT WE'RE NOT. WE'RE GOING TO WIN IT FOR HIM BECAUSE HE CAN'T WIN IT FOR HIMSELF. SO WIN EVERYTHING FOR RON PAUL! MEET EVERY GOAL. EXCEED EVERY EXPECTATION.

"The modern mind dislikes Gold because it blurts out unpleasant truths." -Joseph Schumpeter on the Federal Reserve

Music and Bands

I'll be sure to keep this forum posted on the progress in California. Those that are headline subscribers to FreedomsPhoenix may see some of the minor post about the project that might not be worthy of wasting the time of many here, but the hard information will definitely make it here so you all have enough time to be even a small part of helping California become worthy of its potential.

Those interested in having stencils made for their efforts should let me know right away since I must make an order of the raw material. You also will have an opportunity to have whatever you wish to have made into a stencil. But for a custom stencil you will have to find someone with the talent and ability to create a 'vector file' (ask a computer graphics geek,... not me) and have it transmitted to the machine owner we'll be using.

I don't want to make this information too widely known until we have the first batch done so that he isn't overwhelmed with requests (or other bad things that could happen with such a dangerous tool in our hands

Ernie

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the informative post.

I wonder what other states are lagging behind besides California?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Hancock View Post
    Your Stencil and some extra goodies are on the way (just some samples of the stuff we have that would fit in a tube mailer).

Sorry about the delay but I needed the stencil template I had left for my trip to California and I just got back Friday night and today is Labor Day so it'll go out tomorrow FedEx Ground.

I just didn't have the time to get another template done before I had to leave. I tried calling you but didn't get a call back from your work VM I think.

How did your search for used billboards go?

Ernie
    No problem Ernie. I was worried I missed something during our conversation that night. I'm glad and very thankful to hear that the materials are on the way.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. If you're ever in MN, beers are on me.

I forwarded the information about billboards to our meetup organizer, and he said he was going to call. I don't know where he's at with it.
    There are a ton of them around, so I don't think it'll be a problem to find it.
    Great ideas. Your ingenuity is impressive.

I think what I'm going to do is make a HOW TO video, from start to finish, so others can get up and running with few issues.

Also, my brother works for a laser cutting company. He says they cut all kinds of materials, including metal (up to 3" thick...with a laser..it's very cool), with these lasers, and you can just insert a .jpg image into the computer, and it'll just cut it out for you. I'm going to see if he'll cut coroplast with it, and I want to try it.
    If it works, and it's as fast as I think....I could get a serious operation going here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Hancock View Post
    Rapid City, right?

I remember you and your son were very productive and you brought some friends as well (I knew you would have fun).

Did you hook up with:
    Lamar Outdoor Advertising
    7509 N Highway 79, Black Hawk, SD
    (605) 787-6688 ?

I looked up this address on a Google map and this wasn't the location I got the material from but I remember that they were connected in some way and that the storage facility was at another location. I think the guy's name was Kenny or Kieth (try Kenny).

If you ask for the guy in charge of the Used Billboard material you'll sent to the right guy I'm sure. I told him that the material was for covering stuff but he didn't seem to care. All he was worried about was an alcohol ad being visible to a school (they had an internal memo to that effect etc.)

I was able to get Des Moines over 1300 signs worth of material by the time I left so I'm sure they got enough to supply Iowa for at least a few weeks

Great to hear that you're busy and making waves. And if you aren't having fun, then you are doing it wrong

Ernie
    No we did it down in iowa city the guy and his son you are talking about are up in cedar rapids, he hung a few up in cedar rapids on overpasses last sunday night as well. Yeah i made a trip to des moines to attend a meeting and picked up some of that billboard material you are talking about. Thanks for the info if we need anymore in the future and yes it was alot of fun. A few of the signs stayed up for days in heavy foot traffic areas near campus, and in the days following I had two opportunities to have ron paul gear at booths and had several people coming up to me and saying they saw the signs. Will be chalking campus tonight i think. It's all about repetition to get people on board.
    Last edited by tiznow; 09-03-2007 at 07:44 PM.

You might wish to get in touch with one of the regulars here-ghemminger-he's in Riverside.
    We will win this...