Thread: Ohio becomes more gun friendly - Awesome

Ohio becomes more gun friendly - Awesome

Ohio Gun Laws Changing

10 TV News
    September 8, 2008

Concealed weapons permit holders can now keep a gun hidden in a car as long as they're carrying it in a secure holster, one of several changes to Ohio's conceal carry law taking effect Monday.

The law previously required the gun to be in plain sight.

Permit holders also may bring a gun onto school grounds as long as they are in a car picking up or dropping off a child.

Law enforcement officials say the changes are common sense.

"The more law-abiding people that have guns the better off we are," said Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said.

"Because the bad guys always have guns," he said. "You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."

The changes also allows holders of valid liquor licenses who are also concealed weapons permit holders to carry a hidden gun on their premises.

In addition, the new law removes the burden of proof from a person who hurts or kills an intruder. The law now includes the presumption that a resident acted in self defense or in defense of another if an intruder has entered unlawfully or without permission.

"By far, the vast majority of permit holders are law-abiding people," said Sgt. Monte Mayer, spokesman for the Butler County Sheriff's Office.

Full Story:
    http://www.10tv.com/live/content/onn...w.html?sid=102
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +1 Cookie

for Prosecuter Joe Deters and Sgt. Monte Mayer

+2 donuts
    for Prosecutor Joe Deters and Sgt. Monte Mayer

+ 3 swedish fish

for Prosecuter Joe Deters and Sgt. Monte Mayer
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Ohio also recently adopted the castle doctrine.
    "If a life could have a theme song -- and I believe every worthwhile one has -- mine is a religion, an obsession or a mania, or all of these expressed in one word: individualism. I was born with that obsession and have never seen and do not know now a cause more worthy, more misunderstood, more seemingly hopeless, and more tragically needed." -Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by berrybunches View Post
    Ohio also recently adopted the castle doctrine.
    Every state should adopt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    +2 donuts
    for Prosecutor Joe Deters and Sgt. Monte Mayer
    Ha, you should send donuts to their office.

Put a little card on top "Thanks for sticking up for the 2nd."

Rhode Island has a Castle Law.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ohio is still a crook. My state has a lifetime carry license, open carry and have always been cool with having weapons in your vehicle regardless if its holsterd! Basically if you have a permit in Indiana - you can do pretty much whatever lol. I dont care much for Ohio or Illinois.