Thread: Bill of Rights Research Sign up

Bill of Rights Research Sign up

This will become more involved as we progress, for now we need quotes and cites detailing the history and infringements of the Bill of Rights.

1st -
    2nd - georgiapeach
    3rd
    4th
    5th
    6th
    7th
    8th
    9th
    10th

We can, also, use a summary of the additional amendments.

Post your intent here and I will edit you into the list.

We have 4 months, or so, to get [quite a bit] together. Diligence beats urgency, like a tortoise...

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not going to, it too much research for me, even though it's important, but I doubt anyone will need to pick the third.
    As far as I know there was only 1 case about it and the amendment won.

I'd be happy to help on this, but I just don't have the time at the moment. Hopefully I'll have time to help fill in any missing pieces later on.

This page might be a good start:
    http://www.bobbarr2008.com/rights

There are 2 pdf's on the bottom that are very relevant. The "Testimony" is a good overall summary of how the Bill of Rights has been trampled on over time. The "Blacked Out Bill of Rights" shows what's left of our rights. A modified version of that (with text crossed out rather than completely blacked out) would make a nice first page of a pamphlet, slide in a presentation, sign, t-shirt, etc. It's a good attention-getter.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Possibly a good reference for this: http://constitution.org/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thank you for the reference links!

Can we do Communist Manifesto planks next?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Can we do Communist Manifesto planks next?
    Yes, please

Need this BoR research first though...

Its all about lead time for printing...

The erosion of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments will be at the heart of "Red-Pill Lite"

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For whoever wants to do the 4th, there was a very well known case of an innocent little old lady being killed in Atlanta during the execution of a no-knock search. Shouldn't be too hard to find articles about it.
    I will be posting a VERY rough draft of the second amendment stuff today. My husband is deployed and I don't have an adult handy to give me some constructive criticism on it, so get your red pens ready please!

Edit to add: Scratch that, I got bombarded. I have in written in ink (archiac, I know!) but I haven't had time to type it. I'll get 'er done over the weekend, so don't wander off to far with those pens.
    Last edited by georgiapeach; 09-12-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Yes, please

Need this BoR research first though...

Its all about lead time for printing...

The erosion of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments will be at the heart of "Red-Pill Lite"

FWIW ......

Thomas Jefferson described the Tenth Amendment as “the foundation of the Constitution” and added, “to take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn … is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition.” Jefferson's formulation of this doctrine of “strict construction” was echoed by champions of state sovereignty for many decades.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/amendme...s-constitution

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    FWIW ......

Thomas Jefferson described the Tenth Amendment as “the foundation of the Constitution” and added, “to take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn … is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition.” Jefferson's formulation of this doctrine of “strict construction” was echoed by champions of state sovereignty for many decades.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/amendme...s-constitution

Thanks!
    Cool, you seem the like perfect candidate to expound on the history and abuses of the 10th

This entire database will be used for multiple purposes. The 4th, 5th, 6th focus is for a specific aspect of the effort

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Cool, you seem the like perfect candidate to expound on the history and abuses of the 10th

This entire database will be used for multiple purposes. The 4th, 5th, 6th focus is for a specific aspect of the effort
    Perfect candidate???? You could have gone ALL DAY without calling me that.