Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, for real: The REAL reason of the press conference on Wednesday

Exclamation OK, for real: The REAL reason of the press conference on Wednesday

Hello Revolutionaries,

Guys, I am writing you because we, as the backbone of the Ron Paul campaign, need to keep the fires of freedom burning bright. Not to try, is to fail. We must continue to promote the message. Ron has said many times that to write him in is a wasted vote. He is holding a press conference on the 10th of Sept. to discuss the power of third party voting.

Darrell Castle, the VP pick for Chuck Baldwin will be in Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. We need to get Darrell as much face time as possible on the local stations. He is a strict Constitutionalist and an ex Marine. He is an awesome man with much knowledge about foreign policy and the military. He will carry the Ron Paul message into the homes of the subscribers on a local level. We need local cable channels who have talk shows to invite him on. I don't know your areas and what media is available. That is where you come in. Can you please put a team of media hounds together to find those alternative sources?

Can you get him AM interviews? Can you please follow up with me and send me the contact information of your local talk show host?

We would appreciate all the power of the Revolution to push the message of the Constitution and help keep America free.

There is a state chair in each state who are CP members. Most of them haven't been involved in campaigning but are strong leaders in their field. They could sure use as much help as you can give them. They would be grateful, as would we all.

In Liberty,
    Amanda Moore
    NRC Chuck Baldwin 2008
    So there we have it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    So there we have it...
    Damn. I was planning on voting Obama just to take down the GOP so we can create order out of chaos ((using NWO's tactics against them ). I can't ignore an RP marching order though

Great, thanks for clearing things up. Talk about a major annoucement, LOL.

Voting for McCain or Obama will not help this movement in anyway.

Well, I can't do much more than Amanda has in this area of media exposure since she resides in my home town of Charleston and has already gotten Chuck Baldwin on the local radio shows 3 times, but I will be doing what I can to get the word out.

Yeh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Voting for McCain or Obama will not help this movement in anyway.
    allowing mccain to win will not help either vote for anyone but mccain, if this revolution thinks they can retake the republican party if mccain wins then i shake my head.....
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is holding a press conference on the 10th of Sept. to discuss the power of third party voting.
    Yet, he himself is remaining a Republican. Ron Paul should lead by example here and actually run third party instead of merely talking about the power of voting third party. Talk is cheap, he should run while he is still able to. This makes me think he was never serious about becoming president anyway.

So what the hell is the difference between Barr & Baldwin? What is the difference between the Constitution party and the Liberatarian party? IMO not a whole lot. I don't understand why both parties don't just join forces instead of splitting votes...

It seems like Ron Paul will host a third party debate to see which candidate he will endorse.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    It seems like Ron Paul will host a third party debate to see which candidate he will endorse.

Remaining a Republican while telling people to vote third party doesn't seem right to me. If he wants people to vote third party then why does he remain a Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Remaining a Republican while telling people to vote third party doesn't seem right to me. If he wants people to vote third party then why does he remain a Republican?
    Why shouldn't Republicans support other parties?
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Yet, he himself is remaining a Republican. Ron Paul should lead by example here and actually run third party instead of merely talking about the power of voting third party. Talk is cheap, he should run while he is still able to. This makes me think he was never serious about becoming president anyway.

I am certain Ron Paul only ran for President to get his message out. He is too smart to have had any delusions of electability.

I don't understand how that is considered a 'major announcement.' I don't even see how it's just an announcement.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Yeah, because it's not like he's ever done that before.

In any case, most states have sore loser laws that prevent you from getting on the ballot as a third party/indie candidate if you already ran in a major party primary that year. Also, his wife is in really poor health and she needs him right now. Plus, why would having another candidate running on the libertarian/constitutionalist platform entering the race and splitting the libertarian/constitutionalist vote further be a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    So what the hell is the difference between Barr & Baldwin? What is the difference between the Constitution party and the Liberatarian party? IMO not a whole lot. I don't understand why both parties don't just join forces instead of splitting votes...
    The Constitution Party is strict constitutionalist, whereas the Libertarian Party is not necessarily strict constitutionalist. Both parties want liberty, granted, but the Constitution Party thinks the government should at least abide by its own rules in the process, whereas the Libertarian Party doesn't necessarily care about the Constitution or the system of 10th amendment federalism (I side with the Constitution Party here). Also, the Constitution Party places a heavy emphasis on religion whereas the Libertarian Party doesn't (I side with the Libertarian Party here).
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah..The announcement wouldnt be given away like that on Baldwins site.

I think he's gonna run and give up his seat in the congress because he knows this is the last roll of the dice.

I mean what does he get done voting on his own all the time. Other than hand benanke his ass every 6 months.

He'll most likely have decent showing and then spend time on the C4L after the election....unless he wins

Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post

I think he's gonna run and give up his seat in the congress because he knows this is the last roll of the dice.

I mean what does he get done voting on his own all the time. Other than hand benanke his ass every 6 months.

He'll most likely have decent showing and then spend time on the C4L after the election....unless he wins

he can still keep his seat while running 3rd party
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    he can still keep his seat while running 3rd party
    Is this absolutely true?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The fundamental difference is this.

The LP tries to act neutral in regards to religion, but a large number of the members are actively anti-religion and specifically anti-Christian. Man's right's are derived not from God or from government, but from nature (i.e. the rights are self-evident)

The CP respects an individuals right to believe in any God they want or no God at all. They are not out to force religion down anyone's throat as the LP would have you believe. But they do approach questions of morality from the perspective that God exists, and that God, not government, gives us our rights.

In actual practice, they are quite close except in regards to abortion and gay marriage. (I personally tend toward the LP position on gay marriage and the CP position on Right to Life). Certainly these differences should be discussed intelligently and see if some closed minds could be opened a tad in both camps. They vertainly share a lot of common ground about getting government out of our lives, although again the LP has more anarchist/minarchist and the CP does have more than a few theocrats in their ranks)

Not taking sides, there are some tough differences to overcome,w hich is really too bad.

No, next go round he could easily be our governor... or, uh.... errrrr..... president.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    No, next go round he could easily be our governor... or, uh.... errrrr..... president.
    Im not sure but i think he said he wasnt interested in the governers position..or that may have been senate

when i said roll last roll of the dice i meant for 2008

Anyway if he wasnt in congress so much he could spend the next 3 years in effect on the campaign trail for 2012.

Had he have been able to do that in say Iowa last year who knows where we'd be now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk View Post
    I am certain Ron Paul only ran for President to get his message out. He is too smart to have had any delusions of electability.
    this.
    as much as Id love to see RP in the white house, we all knew that there was no way TPTB would let it happen. He has however done something that cannot be undone, and that is to waken the minds of millions of Americans. We owe him immensely just for this.

How the heck would running do any good without ballot access?
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    Is this absolutely true?
    Yes. He has secured, via already established precedent, that he will be the GOP nominee in District 14 for Congress.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Also: That upcoming Paul press conference will feature both Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin (who ended up snagging the Independent Green line). I haven't confirmed if Ralph Nader or Cynthia McKinney will be there, but neither has released a Wednesday schedule.
    http://reason.com/blog/show/128678.html
    "Some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"
    BobBarrForums.com
    BobBarr2008.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aldanga View Post
    How the heck would running do any good without ballot access?
    Since Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin have both secured ballot access to theoretically win the Presidency, he could use their electors as his slate.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    allowing mccain to win will not help either vote for anyone but mccain, if this revolution thinks they can retake the republican party if mccain wins then i shake my head.....
    I'm sure the dirty dozen (Bush&Company) want McCain to win and will do everything in there cheating powers to do so. It was told some time ago that this election will be thrown to the republicans. Hence why bush fired all those federal Judges so there would be no opposition to the vote count or recount. Would McWar have Bush&Company tried for war crimes? I don't think so.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

applesolutely!

well thats the thing right, you don't vote for a President. A Vote for Barr is a vote for libertarian Electors, as is a Vote for Baldwin.

little 'l'.

And if he would accept, a vote for libertarian electors is a vote for Ron Paul.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast