Thread: Jesse Ventura?

Jesse Ventura?

Does anybody know if C4L will be endorsing Ventura for President in '12?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since Ventura hasn't officially announced his candidacy for president in 2012, it's a bit premature for anyone to make a public endorsement.
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

The Campaign for Liberty doesn't endorse candidates. Even if it did, why wouldn't it endorse the LP or CP candidate before an independent that doesn't understand half the issues?

The Campaign for Liberty doesn't endorse candidates.
    They don't? I was under the impression that the C4L was the organization-in-place for Ron Paul's presidential bid. If that's the case, they have endorsed several candidates this cycle for other offices.
    However, if that is the case it certainly answers my question.

Even if it did, why wouldn't it endorse the LP or CP candidate before an independent that doesn't understand half the issues?
    Because the grassroots present responded overwhelmingly positively to his proposed candidacy. I would expect that he would have to run as a Republican candidate in order to get the organization's support for a bid, but that is neither here nor there.
    I'm just curious about whether the organization embraces laying the groundwork.

Ventura might not pull in all of the conservatives though. And, I can just see the smears streaming in about 9/11 truth, from an outsiders perspective.

Not to say I am opposed to a Ventura run. Just simply mentioning that it wouldn't be unified.

It was mentioned already the C4L cannot endorse candidates. Otherwise, it would lose its non-profit status. It can funnel money into campaigns, sponsor events for candidates, etc. but it cannot actually endorse.

However, Ron Paul or individuals working for the C4L could.

I have already submitted my application to the LP, CP and to C4L to endorse my presidential bid in 2054. THAT WILL BE OUR YEAR!

And two years later, we can revoke that silly law regarding term limits.

I will be a benevolent dictator.

Ventura might not pull in all of the conservatives though. And, I can just see the smears streaming in about 9/11 truth, from an outsiders perspective.

Not to say I am opposed to a Ventura run. Just simply mentioning that it wouldn't be unified.

It was mentioned already the C4L cannot endorse candidates. Otherwise, it would lose its non-profit status. It can funnel money into campaigns, sponsor events for candidates, etc. but it cannot actually endorse.

However, Ron Paul or individuals working for the C4L could.
    Oh, I also forgot something else. Remember the Ron Paul Billionaire? Jesse Ventura hasn't said for sure he will run. He never ran for the Senate(where he has said two different stories why) and he went to Mexico to avoid the US. I don't find him very reliable to be a standard bearer.

Regardless, Gary Johnson is a better pick for 2012.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson, a definitive New Mexico governor, sounds like a great choice. His STRONG opposition to the war on drugs entices me. Unfortunately, that as well as his lack of regret for trying marijuana as a teenager will make him an opponent of the neo-cons and people like Glenn Beck. Also, his privatization of prisons idea will scare away many. Beyond that though, his intellectual appearance and speaking should help. Honesty and straightforwardness still means something to people.

As for Jesse Ventura, his Rally for the Republic speech was simply amazing. He is one hell of a troop rallier. He is the hot head to Ron Paul's calm and collected vibe. A Ventura/Johnson ticket would be nice.

Any Speaker at RFTR/Any Speaker at RFTR

I'd vote for that ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleName View Post
    Gary Johnson, a definitive New Mexico governor, sounds like a great choice. His STRONG opposition to the war on drugs entices me. Unfortunately, that as well as his lack of regret for trying marijuana as a teenager will make him an opponent of the neo-cons and people like Glenn Beck. Also, his privatization of prisons idea will scare away many. Beyond that though, his intellectual appearance and speaking should help. Honesty and straightforwardness still means something to people.
    I disagree that Johnson's privatization of prisons will be a huge turn-off. The biggest critique of privatizing prisons is that it usually means that more people will be sent to prison as a benefit to the industry, but since Johnson also decriminalizes as a part of his platform, he eliminates that incentive. As for his marijuana use, he says that he didn't TRY marijuana, he USED it, for a long time. This IS a weakness of his, but it's countered by the fact that he admitted it (and alcohol) were crutches, quit both, and went on to compete in the Ironman triathlon and climb Mt Everest.

Now, what doesn't scare away people? He's young and good looking. He's a term-limited two term governor, one of the few NM governors to have that honor. He won both of his elections by double-digit margins and is immensely popular. And he has the Ron Paul vibe with the centrist credentials necessary to win where Paul lost. Throw him in the 2012 Republican primary and he stands a serious chance of winning.

As for Jesse Ventura, his Rally for the Republic speech was simply amazing. He is one hell of a troop rallier. He is the hot head to Ron Paul's calm and collected vibe. A Ventura/Johnson ticket would be nice.
    Ron Paul has a hot-headed string. That said, Ventura, while I would vote for him in a heartbeat and signed off on many a "Ventura 2008" petition (even back in 2006, before he got re-popular), Ventura brings a lot of liability to the table - most notably his 9/11 stance. If anything, I'm of the opinion that Johnson should lead the ticket - he has far more experience and fewer liabilities.

Gary Johnson is great when you have our grasp of the situation, but does not hold a candle to JV when it comes to keeping the attention of an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleName View Post

+1 I would vote for that ticket. Jesse Ventura was a no non-sense Governor, who closed down the mansion during his tenure and the state pay going to the employees etc. Gave the money back to the people. Cutting taxes. He's the perfect Independent candidate and Gary Johnson would balance him out. I could see the Libertarian Party endorsing the ticket if they don't have any qualified candidates for that election.
    PROTEST VOTER 2012

Proud supporter of people with integrity.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    -- Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeridith View Post
    Gary Johnson is great when you have our grasp of the situation, but does not hold a candle to JV when it comes to keeping the attention of an audience.
    That depends. If the audience is at a rally, Ventura wins. But if the audience is at a debate, Johnson is the better man. Plus, Johnson is great even if you don't have our grasp of the situation. He has a better handle on the issues than Ventura and he's certainly no bore to hear speak.