Thread: The ULTIMATE Movie About Individualism Vs. Collectivism

The ULTIMATE Movie About Individualism Vs. Collectivism

I have never seen, heard or read a more eloquently stated, emotionally charged or entertaining piece contrasting and showing both the benefits and righteousness of individualism versus the evils and immorality of collectivism.

It is called The Fountainhead

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041386/

Screw Casablanca... this is the BEST OLD MOVIE EVER!! Made in 1949 from a book written about 20 years earlier by Ayn Rand, it kicks some serious cinematic butt. Everybody here who believes in and loves individualism, which I think is everyone, you will really enjoy this movie. It's entertaining the whole way through, it is not boring, I promise.

This is also a great tool to help people learn how valuable individualism can be, and how destructive collectivism is. In fact, the entire point of the film is how easily people, who are individualists by nature, can be lulled into collectivism over time, but can be ripped back out in an instant if you can touch that individualist spirit which exists in everyone. This is the core concept of our Revolution. Wake up your family this weekend, show them this film!! They may not see the relevance to today's society, but the individualist spirit you instill in them will ensure that when the time comes to fight, they will be on the side of good.

If you're a reader, I hear the book is a real page turner (though it is 600+ pages)

Please at least go rent this film, but highly I recommend adding this to your freedom entertainment collection.

You can find a famous scene from the film online (the court scene), I believe google video has it, but I recommend hearing it first in the context of the film. You can also read the famous speech here, but again if you're interested in seeing the whole film you may want to wait.

http://www.nasonart.com/personal/lif...ntainhead.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thanks, Danno
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I have never seen, heard or read a more eloquently stated, emotionally charged or entertaining piece contrasting and showing both the benefits and righteousness of individualism versus the evils and immorality of collectivism.

It is called The Fountainhead

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041386/

Screw Casablanca... this is the BEST OLD MOVIE EVER!! Made in 1949 from a book written about 20 years earlier by Ayn Rand, it kicks some serious cinematic butt. Everybody here who believes in and loves individualism, which I think is everyone, you will really enjoy this movie. It's entertaining the whole way through, it is not boring, I promise.

This is also a great tool to help people learn how valuable individualism can be, and how destructive collectivism is. In fact, the entire point of the film is how easily people, who are individualists by nature, can be lulled into collectivism over time, but can be ripped back out in an instant if you can touch that individualist spirit which exists in everyone. This is the core concept of our Revolution. Wake up your family this weekend, show them this film!! They may not see the relevance to today's society, but the individualist spirit you instill in them will ensure that when the time comes to fight, they will be on the side of good.

If you're a reader, I hear the book is a real page turner (though it is 600+ pages)

Please at least go rent this film, but highly I recommend adding this to your freedom entertainment collection.

You can find a famous scene from the film online (the court scene), I believe google video has it, but I recommend hearing it first in the context of the film. You can also read the famous speech here, but again if you're interested in seeing the whole film you may want to wait.

http://www.nasonart.com/personal/lif...ntainhead.html
    I liked it but thought that it was a little "cheesy". I'll take Casablanca.

"The Fountainhead" (1949)

Howard Roark's Address to the Jury

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/Movi...ntainhead.html

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    I liked it but thought that it was a little "cheesy". I'll take Casablanca.

pffffffftt

Yup this is a great movie. My MeetUp group organizer let me borrow the video and I was floored by it. I tried reading the book, but dropped it about halfway through because I just couldn't stand reading the incessant high-society dialouge found throughout the book. This is the only instance where I think the movie adaptation is actually better than the book itself.

Get the torrent if you can't find it in stores or rent it.

.avi 706MB ---> Btmon or Demonoid

Video_TS DVD Folder 4.36GB ---> ThePirateBay
    Last edited by SneakyFrenchSpy; 09-05-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added Piratebay link and sizes
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

All movies back then were cheesy. You can find it on BitTorrent too. That's were I got it from. Watched it a month ago. I think Ayn Rand goes way too far, but it's good to see how extreme some people believe in the individual above all else. Personally I think that is selfish. I believe in altruism. Ayn Rand believes you should never ever ever ever help another person unless it benefits you. I think that's BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    pffffffftt
    Oh no, not the dreaded "pffffffftt ".

Q: isn't Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead being made into a movie currently (too lazy to google)

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    All movies back then were cheesy. You can find it on BitTorrent too. That's were I got it from. Watched it a month ago. I think Ayn Rand goes way too far, but it's good to see how extreme some people believe in the individual above all else. Personally I think that is selfish. I believe in altruism. Ayn Rand believes you should never ever ever ever help another person unless it benefits you. I think that's BS.
    Often helping another benefits you. "Helping that person really felt good."

Altruists tend to be collectivists.<IMHO> We're NOT designed to be a selfless species.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    We're NOT designed to be a selfless species.
    funny...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

I find Serenity to be more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    Q: isn't Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead being made into a movie currently (too lazy to google)
    Atlas, starring Bradjolina, last I heard. < gag, arrrrrgh >

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Atlas Shrugged is a great (but very long) book, also by Ayn Rand. I recommend everyone here read it if you haven't already. I hope they don't screw up with the new movie. If it's done right it could be such a great method of opening a lot of peoples' eyes.