Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: acptulsa's excellent adventure

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Now that I'm home, I find the agents of divisiveness all over the forum and in overdrive. I'm ready to go back...

Two moments of the R4R almost had me in tears. One was when Ron Paul said that the young people in the movement are saying he cured their apathy, but they also cured his cynicism. The other was right after when he said that those of us who have been quietly preaching this message for decades amid tons of scorn and derision will be standing up to be counted--and we are numerous.

We will not agree on everything but I can guarantee you that as long as we remember that the American way is to fight to the death for the right of people you disagree with to say what they think, we will be fine. Are we American enough to do it?!

We have something going here. It's patriotic, it's healthy, and it has momentum (which is greater than gold). Are we going to let this train get derailed by saboteurs down the track, or are we going to do great things for our children?
    That's probably what makes me love RP most of all, here he is, 30 years of what must feel like bashing his head against a brick wall, being shunned, ignored, and laughed at, but he kept at it, integrity intact. Now, all his hard work may not have been in vain. It must be gratifying to know he will leave a permanent legacy, (well, besides his 5 kids and all the grandchildren of course!) in American history. God bless ya Ron Paul, we may save our county yet!
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the pics Acptulsa!!! They are awesome.

I totally agree with everyone here.. It was an epic moment and I look forward to the next event!!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeGroff View Post
    Lol, why is there a photo pointing inside the Womens' restroom?

I like the photo of the beer "booth." I remember standing in line for 2 hours to get beer. So when I finally got up there, I bought 4.
    Yeah, that was a hell of a line. It never seemed to shrink until right at the end.

As for the mirror, I thought it a strange place to put one. Could have been worse--the one on the mens' room wall showed the urinal troughs--and no divider walls! One wonders why they didn't just put them on the outside wall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Could be worse...

Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Well, RPH, I apologize. I forgot my own Second Rule of Deep Field--always focus more on the closer subject than the one more distant. Know anyone with photoshop?

Had such high hopes for this one, too...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-11-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Good pic ac, thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, RPH, I apologize. I forgot my own Second Rule of Deep Field--always focus more on the closer subject than the one more distant. Know anyone with photoshop?

Had such high hopes for this one, too...
    lol- I don't think it was your focus, I really was a bit fuzzy that day

Thanks
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    lol- I don't think it was your focus, I really was a bit fuzzy that day

Thanks
    Well, that's not the way I remember you, but thanks!

Mainly I remember you had one hell of a tan. Not exactly what Green Bay is known for, but after walking that far I doubt you were suffering from a vitamin D deficiency.

Somebody said 'Ronstock' bump.

Good times...good times...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12