Thread: Oklahoma Ron Paul supporters upset by roll call; said they won't sit with delegation

Oklahoma Ron Paul supporters upset by roll call; said they won't sit with delegation

Oklahoma's Ron Paul supporters upset by roll call; said they won't sit with delegation tonight

The Oklahoman
    September 4, 2008

ST. PAUL, MINN. – Ron Paul supporters in Oklahoman’s Republican National Convention delegation remain disappointed today because no one heard the U.S. House member from Texas receive two of Oklahoma’s votes.

The microphone was cut off Wednesday night before U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa, could announce the Oklahoma delegation’s vote.

All but two of Oklahoma’s 41 delegates voted for Republican Party nominee U.S. Sen. John McCain. Delegates Paul Clayton of McAlester and Robert Demarest of Talihina voted for Paul, who had sought the GOP presidential nomination.

Oklahoma’s vote was announced in the Xcel Energy Center as all 41 votes going to McCain. Inhofe tried to get the attention of convention organizers so he could correct the mistake and announce the correct tally.

Convention workers eventually said that couldn’t be done, possibly because the convention was running late. It was about 11 p.m. when it was Oklahoma’s turn to announce its vote in the second round. Several states including Oklahoma abstained on the first round so that McCain’s home state of Arizona could announce the vote that would allow him to receive the nomination. Then the roll call resumed with the states that had abstained going in alphabetical order.

Convention officials assured Oklahoma’s delegation that the official convention record would show McCain getting 39 votes and Paul getting two.

"In our eyes that will be very little," Demarest said today from the Minneapolis hotel where Oklahoma's delegates are staying. People who watch a video of the convention will Oklahoma’s tally announced as all 41 votes going to McCain.

Frustrated, Demarest and his wife, Cheryl, ripped the Oklahoma patches off their blue blazers – part of the Oklahoma GOP’s uniform - and said they were done with Oklahoma’s Republican delegation. They said they will not sit with the Oklahoma delegates during tonight’s convention.

Demarest said today he and his wife plan to walk around the convention and talk with other delegates.

The Demarests, Clayton and several other Paul supporters met with Oklahoma Republican Party Chairman Gary Jones Wednesday night after they returned to their hotel for an hour or so, and then the Paul supporters discussed the incident until about 4 this morning.

Paul didn’t receive any delegates during Oklahoma’s presidential primary in February, but he picked up the two delegate votes when former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who won six votes, released his delegates. The other four Huckabee delegates joined with the 32 delegates won by McCain. Three state party officials who are delegates supported McCain as well.

"I’m disappointed," Demarest said.

Demarest and other Paul supporters talked with Inhofe, and they said Inhofe isn’t to blame. Their disappointment is directed toward convention officials.

"It may have been an innocent mistake," Demarest said. "But to go through the time and expense just to lose what we deserve is quite disappointing, as well as the fact that we have to go home and explain it to the people who supported us."

SOURCE:
    http://newsok.com/oklahomas-ron-paul...rticle/3292929
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, Frank.

Haven't seen acptulsa on the forums lately - wonder if he's there?

glad to see this kind of article. maybe it'll cause some viral groundswell of controversy for the R's. People need to know - the propped up unity at the convention is fake.

Props to Inhofe for trying to make things right.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I hear there will be special seats up front for states that the GOP needs to win in NOV.

I hear they'll be putting OHIO, NH, NV delegates in those "McCain TOWN HALL" seats. Yeah he's doing the: "neighborly/town friend thingy tonight"

That would be a prefect time for RP delegates to Object and protest for Ron Paul.

Of course coordinate exposure when the Major MSM broadcasters have their cameras on those RP dels/supporters.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    I hear there will be special seats up front for states that the GOP needs to win in NOV.

I hear they'll be putting OHIO, NH, NV delegates in those "McCain TOWN HALL" seats. Yeah he's doing the: "neighborly/town friend thingy tonight"

That would be a prefect time for RP delegates to Object and protest for Ron Paul.

Of course coordinate exposure when the Major MSM broadcasters have their cameras on those RP dels/supporters.
    What time does this shiznit start?

Arrow RNC snot sucking rats

Apparently, there were other states with very similar circumstances. I am aware that good people in high places are carefully documenting all these misdeeds.

I will say this, based in my experiences in MN, don't jump to any coinclusions too quickly. There is a lot more here than meets the eye.

I feel like I have been living, for the past few days in the police state that could beocome reality for us all-everyday.

I hope with all of my heart that we do not stop now but instead see the GOP for what it is-An organization that has stifled itself to the point of suffocation. Weak and failing, it is focusing it's resources mostly on survival and the keeping up of appearances. This is the investment I saw made by the GOP. Look carefully at the number of empty seats. Pay attention as more and more news leaks about the desperate tactics of the ethical minority. They spent a sweet chunk of their weakening manpower focusing on the most reasonable, honorable people I have ever known. Why? FEAR.

We see.

Those Ron Paul delegates may as well walked across hot coals all the way to MN/St. Paul for all they and we have endured. They represented our movement with courage and dignity.

Ron Paul has stuck to his guns for 30 years. We will too.
    Just know that all the thrashing and wailing you have and will see is the death throes of the vermin caught in the light of day.

Persevere.

Thank you all for being who you are.

I am so very proud to call myself a Ron Paul Supporter.

AxXiom
    Last edited by AxXiom; 09-05-2008 at 01:32 AM.