Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Massachusetts Paul delegates voted for McCain??

These MA delegates were sent to vote for Dr. Paul, not be central planners for the movement. Their task was simple, and they were seduced with power/flattery to compromise the wishes of their delegation. All for "promises" from the GOP.
    Hahahaha!!!

Compromising a simple task for the "greater good" of the movement is Marxist elitist bull$#@!, and I'm shocked these delegates used such reasoning. Why would I vote for someone like this for office when they will take it upon themselves to decide what's "best", even if it means going against what got them elected in the first place?
    No more Mr. Bad guy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

They are part of the problem with these treasonous acts...easily swayed and should be swinging. I am so sorry Ron Paul. I had higher expectations for these folks. The strong shall prevail the weak shall parish.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Cool. It looks like I get to save a bunch of money over the next few years by not contributing to this kind of organization.

Thanks for a good ride, Ron, it was fun.

Obama '08

To all that are attacking our delegates or considering abandoning the movement

Quote Originally Posted by DeanToPaulIn4Years View Post
    Cool. It looks like I get to save a bunch of money over the next few years by not contributing to this kind of organization.

Obama '08

These people made such a difficult decision. I've been going back and forth since the stories came out, and finally I think that had I been a delegate there, I would have not voted for McCain or allowed an alternate to vote. This would be for integrity. If we view a vote as an endorsement, I don't like the idea of endorsing McCain, even if it is a pointless fake vote for a candidate that already won.

That may be my view today, but even so I feel no ill towards those that voted otherwise. These people did what they thought was right. They are individuals, not the movement. Each individual involved in the movement is someone with common goals, generally regardless of the ways they see of achieving them. You seem to hold their actions against the movement, ignoring that the movement was uninvolved and clearly split on the issue.

These people made the decision they thought was right. With what we know now they cost us nothing. There was no real vote. There was no real tally. There was no free speech. There was no opportunity to oppose. Had they voted against McCain nothing would have changed. In all likeliness, nothing would have even been recorded any different. That being said they made the choice they thought would best benefit the movement. They cost us nothing and possibly gained us access to committees that will allow us more access and power in the party in the future.

Yes, we need our integrity. But if we are going to win this game we need to play along. Sacrificing nothing, except maybe a symbol, to gain something may be a blow to our integrity on some level, but it may also prove very valuable. It's not the choice I would have made, but I am not willing to say it was the wrong choice. Time will tell if the party follows through with their promises. I wish they got them in writing.

The most important thing to be said here once again is that these people are individuals. They are not the movement, they are not the consensus. We all have opinions on whether what they did was right or wrong. If you are ditching the movement on the actions of a few individual members then you probably never understood the movement anyway. Concepts like individualism (as opposed to collectivism) and personal responsibility are essential to the movement. I hope you and others like you can reconsider and be adult about this. At least stick around and engage in some mature conversation, so that we can better understand your views and you can better understand ours. If you choose to go, leave in peace and know that we will still be here fighting for you and we will be pleased to see you when you are ready to return. All that being said, in regards to the events that transpired at the RNC, in the end none of this is important and this will likely have little effect on the movement, as it would have regardless of the actions of the delegates.

For my own curiosity, what's with the "Obama 08" sig? Did you really believe the platforms supported by the movement? You do realize Obama doesn't? Are you choosing him as the "lesser of the two evils?" If so, how do you see your voting for something you don't believe in because you feel it would be better than the alternate for the country as being so different than the atrocity you accuse the delegates of. Should what they did be easier to excuse because they weren't even voting in a real election where their vote could have mattered?
    Last edited by thx1149; 09-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Obama '08
    Hey, DeanforPaul - I met you in the airport heading out of Minneapolis. You and your wife were drinking beer and I was nursing a noon martini. I have not read this whole thread and don't really know what the issue is but I will say this - thanks for traveling all the way from NH to attend the convention and support Ron Paul. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Regards,
    Jack

If you can't do the job, don't sign up for it! Plain and simple. Patriotism sometimes may require standing on the shoulders of giants! If you aren't up for it, don't do it.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DeanToPaulIn4Years - It is not you that should leave the organization. The thirty pieces of silver gang that voted for McCain should be the ones shown the door.

Obama '08
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    - President Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalGun View Post
    DeanToPaulIn4Years - It is not you that should leave the organization. The thirty pieces of silver gang that voted for McCain should be the ones shown the door.
    + 1 and then some

all it shows the mccain crowd is that when push comes to shove us ron paul patriots will cave just like the rest. It doesn't matter what the reasoning is for each and every delegate or voter because the VOTE is the only thing that matters in the end.

If you go there as a ron paul delegate and leave voting for mccain then what was the point of even going?
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Quote Originally Posted by free.alive View Post

I was on a conference call a week or so before the convention. Debbie Hopper and Drew Ivers were hosing it, and Lew Moore was a guest. The call was supposed to be for delegates only, but I secretly listened in with a delegate I know. When another delegate asked Ivers what he should do since Ron Paul isn't a choice on the ballot, Drew Ivers told him to either vote for McCain or to find an alternate who would.

I'll repeat that: Drew Ivers told Ron Paul delegates to either vote for McCain or to find an alternate who would!

Moore and Hopper agreed, although all three said they couldn't and wouldn't 'tell' anyone how to vote. Nevermind their roles and influence.
    Your account of the delegate only conference call you crashed is not at all accurate. A question was posed by a delegate who was bound to vote for McCain. He said his conscience wouldn't allow him to cast a vote for McCain. Drew advised him to have an alternate stand in so that he wouldn't have to.

That's a far cry from your claim that Drew Ivers told Ron Paul Delegates to vote for McCain. As far as my comments, I said I understood and if I were in his shoes I couldn't cast a vote for McCain, either, and since Dr. Paul has steadfastly refused to endorse McCain, he'd probably feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You are an idtiot and worthless to the movement.
    Spoken like someone that probably voted McCain.

I donated money.
    I became a precinct captain.
    I put up signs.
    I stood on the side of the road.

What did you do? Sell us all out?

Die.
    Last edited by Mortikhi; 09-08-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauletteNV View Post
    The RNC has shown time and time again, that they do not believe in the rules. A delegate on dailypaul gave his vote over to McCain, again a goodwill gesture, and will be meeting the leadership to discuss more involvement for the liberty group and thinks this is just fine. By doing this and by saying that it is o.k. for the sake of goodwill to turn over your right as a delegate to present your vote as you represented you would, makes you little better than the inner circle, imo. I suggested he ask at this meeting what that group of RNC leadership was going to do to remedy the harm done to Dr. Paul and to individual liberties by their marginalization. He says that the RNC is fearful and they know they need us...so why wouldn't they allow even a couple of votes for Dr. Paul as a show of fairness?
    A Goodwill gesture??????????????????????? They dont want goodwill. They wont hold up to any agreement they supposedly made.....they got what they wanted and everyone who voted for McCain that openly supported Ron Paul will get the boot at the first possible moment.

From what it sounds like,
    The MA Delegation did what they had to to get ahead, plus MA has some serious laws about voting against your pledged candidate on the voice vote. No one "wimped" out or did anything like that. Good luck to the MA RP delegates and I hope everything goes according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanAboveAll View Post
    The MA Delegation did what they had to to get ahead, plus MA has some serious laws about voting against your pledged candidate on the voice vote. No one "wimped" out or did anything like that. Good luck to the MA RP delegates and I hope everything goes according to plan.
    Buy a clue, member of 1 post, Mr. MA delegate.

Traitor is as traitor does.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanAboveAll View Post
    "Ahead" of what? what did these delegates gain? They get smiles and nods from mccain supporters and avid "republican no matter what" voters. What happens the next time around?

It is the same mentality of assuming that an undercover cop can get in real good with the hells angels (I have more respect for them then the pos gop) and sure they can be buddy buddy and get things done BUT once they realize the undercover cops true intentions they kill his ass.

What "ground" did these delegates gain by playing the safe card now? What can that actually earn them later if they decide to finally grow balls and fly the ron paul flag later on? We got zero respect from any of our local gop's as well as state and nationally so what good is voting like the rest of the sheep going to do for us once the next election cycle comes around?

I can understand if they are trying to get into their local republican parties BUT does it really need to be done under false pretenses? If it does then odds are it is the wrong strategy.

Just go into it and do it like we all are doing across the states. One person doesn't have the right to tell you to NOT vote for this or that just for the parties sake and to think like that is naive. It isn't the party that we are voting for and I am surprised that so many delegates don't see it.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Hopper View Post
    Your account of the delegate only conference call you crashed is not at all accurate. A question was posed by a delegate who was bound to vote for McCain. He said his conscience wouldn't allow him to cast a vote for McCain. Drew advised him to have an alternate stand in so that he wouldn't have to.

That's a far cry from your claim that Drew Ivers told Ron Paul Delegates to vote for McCain. As far as my comments, I said I understood and if I were in his shoes I couldn't cast a vote for McCain, either, and since Dr. Paul has steadfastly refused to endorse McCain, he'd probably feel the same way.
    I love that "or else" bull$#@! LOL

Yes this prick was standing over our delegates with a knife saying do it or die!

You are a delegate for THE PUBLIC, and it wasn't just YOUR vote delegates. Who can FORCE you to vote one way or another and if that was even the case then guess what would make an AMAZING news story.

"RNC forcing delegates to vote mccain at 11"

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Hopper View Post

Thank you, Debbie.

Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    "RNC forcing delegates to vote mccain at 11"
    I think they've been doing it this way for so long, it would not even cause the slightest peep.

Not news...not at all...

<sigh>

Obama '08
    I don't get it. How do you go from supporting ron paul to supporting a commie???

Good question.

There are others here who have decided to support Obama, too.

I don't get it, but it's their choice.

I dont get why you people arent upset that the people YOU donated money to; a cause you donated money to took the money as appointed Ron Paul delegates and sold out.....like i said in my hot topics post; part of me thinks that no one has really accepted that they sold out to the machine for a smile.

Mr Cunningham who I had high hopes would win doesnt deserve the support of the RP grassroots......kinda hard to hope he wont sell out in congress where he could be offered rewards of a higher nature for doing so.

talked to john cunningham and his field dude today

they got seats for ron paul republicans guaranteed in writing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234