Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 125

Thread: Proposal for CFL: 1 person per state for committee - DENIED

  1. #1

    Exclamation Proposal for CFL: 1 person per state for committee - DENIED

    I am at the CFL Leadership Summit in MSP.


    A lady proposed an ad-hoc committee of 1 person per state to represent the grassroots to the CFL so that there would be some sort of representation during the interim while all of the statewide CFL chapters formed and became recognized.

    Mr. Greenspan basically said that would not be happening, at least not today, and promptly moved on to other topics.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    I would guess that getting something like that set up would take as long as rolling out the chapters/organizing....
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

  4. #3

    Default

    meh... who picks the fifty?

    lose, lose imo.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

  5. #4

    Default

    Like a Senate? =)


  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    I would guess that getting something like that set up would take as long as rolling out the chapters/organizing....
    Perhaps. But the impression that I got (and I could be wrong) is that the CFL is NOT interested in the opinions and input from the "grassroots".

    We'll see how this plays out...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    meh... who picks the fifty?
    It was proposed to be a vote by the people of those States
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It was proposed to be a vote by the people of those States
    not yet bureaucratic enough for ya?
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Perhaps. But the impression that I got (and I could be wrong) is that the CFL is NOT interested in the opinions and input from the "grassroots".

    We'll see how this plays out...
    well i dont trust your judgment anymore after you made that inaccurate pessimist thread about bj lawson


  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Perhaps. But the impression that I got (and I could be wrong) is that the CFL is NOT interested in the opinions and input from the "grassroots".

    We'll see how this plays out...
    sounds like campaign 2.0, they don't want to win. Wasn't the whole point of the creation of the CFL to allow communication between the campaign & the grassroots?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

    Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

    Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

    http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

    http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

    http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)


    Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !


  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    sounds like campaign 2.0, they don't want to win. Wasn't the whole point of the creation of the CFL to allow communication between the campaign & the grassroots?
    That's the vibe I'm getting but I don't want to pass judgment too early.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of the creation of the CFL to allow communication between the campaign & the grassroots?
    that was the "building your database" phase.

    guess you hadn't noticed but we entered the "owning the list," and "converting the prospects" phase about 3, 3 1/2 wks. ago.

    what you're seeing now is the dialog shift into the assertive/assumptive tone that leads into
    "closing the deal," and finally, the "referrals, referrals, referrals" phase will start soon to help bring it all home.

    the gr dialog will come and go fairly predictably as we move through the various stages with the whole process repeating over time.


    lather, rinse, repeat.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    that was the "building your database" phase.

    guess you hadn't noticed but we entered the "owning the list," and "converting the prospects" phase about 3, 3 1/2 wks. ago.

    what you're seeing now is the dialog shift into the assertive/assumptive tone that leads into
    "closing the deal," and finally, the "referrals, referrals, referrals" phase will start soon to help bring it all home.

    the gr dialog will come and go fairly predictably as we move through the various stages with the whole process repeating over time.


    lather, rinse, repeat.
    LOL the truth of what you say is so accurate that it is hilarious, yet tragic at the same time.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

    Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

    Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

    http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

    http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

    http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)


    Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !


  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    well i dont trust your judgment anymore after you made that inaccurate pessimist thread about bj lawson
    I Never made an inaccurate or pessimistic statement about BJ.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    lather, rinse, repeat.
    Error - Endless Loop

  16. #15

    Default

    Well..this is what I'm worried about with CFL...is it really grassroots? I get the funny feeling it's merely a money making project. We shall see. Tones

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    Well..this is what I'm worried about with CFL...is it really grassroots? I get the funny feeling it's merely a money making project. We shall see. Tones
    Well, no I do not get the impression that it is a money making project at all. In fact I think their goals are lofty and have great potential to changte the face of US politics in the midterm. Whether or not it's going to be managed better than how the campaign was managed remiains to be seen.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Perhaps. But the impression that I got (and I could be wrong) is that the CFL is NOT interested in the opinions and input from the "grassroots".

    We'll see how this plays out...

    I am certain that is not true, because I have seen them take opinions and input from "the grassroots".

    Why is it that every single post you post about the CFL has a negative slant and implication? You couch it in nice, nice, but if anyone searched your profile and reviewed your posts, you have not one single nice thing to say.

    Frankly, I think you are here to cause division.

  19. #18

    Default So.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It was proposed to be a vote by the people of those States
    Proposed by whom? You?

  20. #19

    Default Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of the creation of the CFL to allow communication between the campaign & the grassroots?

    That's not what I got out of it. It seemed to me like the CFL is a skeleton crew providing services, tools and training to the grassroots activists who actually do work.

    Those who blog and complain all day or are seeking a shiny badge to lord over others are going to be unhappy in the CFL - I believe.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I don't want to pass judgment too early.
    That's PRECISELY what you want to do.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    Frankly, I think you are here to cause division.
    Mod hat off:

    And you'd be correct.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    Frankly, I think you are here to cause division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    That's PRECISELY what you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    And you'd be correct.

    The both of you are incorrect. I am looking to hold a leadership position within the CFL. Why would I do that if I wanted to cause division

    Please try to think through things before you make ignorant comments like the above.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 09-03-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    That's not what I got out of it. It seemed to me like the CFL is a skeleton crew providing services, tools and training to the grassroots activists who actually do work.
    Yes and no. But honestly it seems to be still fairly unclear. The biggest thing I got out of it was that they want us to basically start local, not nationally. And that's a great plan. But I am thinking for every question answered about the CFL 2 more were generated.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    Proposed by whom? You?
    No. Someone else in the room proposed it, not myself.

    I am just saying that the impression that I got was that the CFL doesn't want constructive criticism or upwards communication. Again I could be wrong, but that was the vibe that I received.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    Why is it that every single post you post about the CFL has a negative slant and implication?
    It's not. But please tell me why almost every post you make about me is a personal attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Delegate View Post
    You couch it in nice, nice, but if anyone searched your profile and reviewed your posts, you have not one single nice thing to say.
    That is incorrect again. I thought the rally went really well. I had a great time and thought it was awesome. I think the goals of the CFL are great and they have the right idea; a long-term infiltration of the GOP.

    I think the details and execution is a bit blurred, and I ALWAYS think things can be improved in most situations. What's wrong with pointing these things out in terms of constructive criticism?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I think the details and execution is a bit blurred, and I ALWAYS think things can be improved in most situations. What's wrong with pointing these things out in terms of constructive criticism?
    Matt I can see where you're coming from. There were a lot of questions generated this weekend. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but it seems like you are concentrating on the criticism side and not the constructive. For example, what exactly is constructive about the whole flag post from earlier today? That seemed VERY far from constructive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I am looking to hold a leadership position within the CFL.
    ...really?
    ...
    Too tired to respond to that properly.
    Last edited by afmatt; 09-03-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    Disclaimer
    Nothing I post is the official stance of the US Air Force. I am speaking as an individual under my first amendment rights.


    Change for the sake of change but not doing the right thing is pure folly. Our Revolution must prevail. And it will!
    Ron Paul

  28. #27

    Default

    Mod Hat off:

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The both of you are incorrect. I am looking to hold a leadership position within the CFL. Why would I do that if I wanted to cause division

    Please try to think through things before you make ignorant comments like the above.
    You mean like the ignorant lewd comments you made here ABOUT RON PAUL'S GRANDDAUGHTER just a few days ago?

    Ignorant like that?
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

  29. #28

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The both of you are incorrect. I am looking to hold a leadership position within the CFL. Why would I do that if I wanted to cause division

    Please try to think through things before you make ignorant comments like the above.

    Oh I've thought about it and if I have any input or feedback, I'll do what I can to make sure you don't get it.

    You were given 2 days of precise, specific instruction about how to be a leader in the CFL.

    What you are looking for is a shiny badge to lord over others with.

    If you really want to be a leader in the CFL, you can do that RIGHT NOW and do not need a position or title.

    You think you're too good for the grunt work, though, I'm sure. Which is why I think you are a Tory.

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    Mod Hat off:



    You mean like the ignorant lewd comments you made here ABOUT RON PAUL'S GRANDDAUGHTER just a few days ago?

    Ignorant like that?
    And another valuable contribution to bump the thread (and it's not in Hot Topics)

    And look at the posts insulting forum members *and* hijacking the thread that aren't being dealt with by a mod "with hat on".

    Is Paul_Delegate following forum posting guidelines that he should have just read, given his join date of 9/2?

    Is Paul_Delegate another person with more than one login?

    Did Paul_Delegate join specifically to post against Matt?

    Given the 18? posts, there sure appears to be an attack pattern for a "newbie"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 04:27 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 06:48 PM
  5. H.S. Committee Member Denied Access
    By politico in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •