Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maryland results??

Maryland results??

Anyone heard? 3rd place in Texas is great news:P) way to go texas
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 09-01-2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

State Fair Lasts until Monday

No results yet. The State Fair and straw poll voting goes until Labor Day Monday.

All MARYLAND Ron Paul Supporters you have two days left to vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tekkierich View Post
    No results yet. The State Fair and straw poll voting goes until Labor Day Monday.

All MARYLAND Ron Paul Supporters you have two days left to vote!!!
    Let's keep our fingers crossed for a big victory
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Myself and three others are heading up to vote tomorrow.

great! I encourage you to be friendly with the Republican party staff and take a look at some of their petitions. The booth is to the rear middle of the exhibition hall.

Wink Good Luck Maryland

The Country is watching,Ron Paul is kicking ass ,keep up the great work.

MSM will be forced to cover him,or they will look really bad,well in my eyes they have always looked bad.
    They will have to save their ass and cover Ron Paul the biggest political story in modern history

Does anyone know the results?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac ak47 View Post
    Not yet. They'll probably announce them some time tomorrow.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac ak47 View Post
    I was there today and the guys from the state GOP told me tomorrow or wednesday and they will post the results on the states GOP website. I worked the booth just about all day and I would say Dr Paul got over 30% of the votes.
    Buy a house from me www.jg.remax.com

still wanting to know,i hope Ron Paul did well

Why the delay in announcing?

Quote Originally Posted by remaxjon View Post
    I was there today and the guys from the state GOP told me tomorrow or wednesday and they will post the results on the states GOP website. I worked the booth just about all day and I would say Dr Paul got over 30% of the votes.
    All the other GOP straw polls announced the results with hours of the closing of voting. There was some delay in Iowa as the Diebold scanners missed some votes and did not match the total of paper ballots so they had to be hand counted.

What's the deal with Maryland? About how many were there?

It seems suspicious that they'd delay the announcement for so long especially given the concerns raised in Texas about pencils being used instead of pens for marking the ballots!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    All the other GOP straw polls announced the results with hours of the closing of voting. There was some delay in Iowa as the Diebold scanners missed some votes and did not match the total of paper ballots so they had to be hand counted.

What's the deal with Maryland? About how many were there?

It seems suspicious that they'd delay the announcement for so long especially given the concerns raised in Texas about pencils being used instead of pens for marking the ballots!
    I can understand the delay. I voted there, and I can tell you - the voting method was very primitive (not that there's anything wrong with that). It was just paper ballots that you dropped into a box. Nothing electric. When I placed my ballot in the box, I noticed that it was quite full. This was Saturday (fair closed Monday), so it was probably even more full when the fair closed. All of that hand counting might take a little longer.

can you trust the maryland gop??

To be honest,i registered republican,but that doesnt mean i trust them.Who oversees the hand count.i have natural doubt.A Note to GOP people,americans kinda like the word sh*t before they like hearing the word republican.If people wonder why they have distrust in the system mention the word republican and democrat. I hope Ron Pauls wins but like i said i dont trust the national gop or the state. hopefully the gop will prove me wrong but i still doubt.

I called and the woman said the results should be released tomorrow because they underestimated the overall turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    I called and the woman said the results should be released tomorrow because they underestimated the overall turnout.
    Told ya. ^_^

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Votes will be counted tonight

We'll be counting the ballots tonight -- should have the results by 10pm. I'll try to remember to post them here. I'll be posting results on the Catonsville meetup also, and I'll phone the results in to a contact I have who will be working at RP HQ tonight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimvrp View Post
    We'll be counting the ballots tonight -- should have the results by 10pm. I'll try to remember to post them here. I'll be posting results on the Catonsville meetup also, and I'll phone the results in to a contact I have who will be working at RP HQ tonight.
    I work an overnight shift,so ill be waiting to see those maryland polls I called to but i didnt hear tonight,but i called early this morning

Quote Originally Posted by jimvrp View Post
    So there will be oversight at least during the counting, it sounds.
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

So, wait, we're going to have results from an insider before the official announcement?

Talking Great JOB MARYLAND

It seems Ron Paul WON outright there was a correction on rudolfs count RON PAUL WON ANOTHER ONE WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

Ron Paul wins MD straw poll

Here are the results:

Ron Paul - 263 (28%)
    Rudy Giuliani - 220 (24%)
    Fred Thompson - 188 (20%)
    Mitt Romney - 89 (10%)

John McCain - 54 (6%)
    Mike Huckabee - 35 (4%)
    Tom Tancredo - 16 (2%)
    Sam Brownback - 12 (1%)
    Duncan Hunter - 3 (0%)

Write Ins:
    New Gingrich - 17 (2%)
    Bob Ehrilich - 3 (0%) (Ehrlich is former Republican Governor of MD)
    Other - 11 (1%)

Spoiled ballots - 15 (2%) (e.g. voted for more than one candidate)

Total votes cast - 926

Yay! I'm actually surprised. I wasn't expecting us to get first. But we did!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up Way to go, Maryland!!!!

Wow!!

My vote for Ron Paul in this straw poll felt like the most meaningful of any vote in my life. I love this man!

I'm originally from Maryland. For what my father called "the 2nd most communist place in the world" to go for Ron Paul is truly a miracle.
    "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast