Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is minimum wage bad?

Quote Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
    minimum wage is bs. There are millions of mexicans in this country who don't benefit from minimum wage laws. They don't seem to have a problem getting what they want.
    As a citizen of Albuquerque for 6 years, the reason your minimum wage is low, is the cheap labor flooding in. Secure your borders, and enjoy the natural forces of supply and demand.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    minimum wage is no more price setting than when a corporation decides what price to release a new product at. The marketplace will decide where the price goes from the initial offering. Same with minimum wage... if the worker is productive he'll get a raise or quit, if not he gets fired.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

[quote=Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice;1634796]minimum wage is no more price setting than when a corporation decides what price to release a new product at. The marketplace will decide where the price goes from the initial offering. Same with minimum wage... if the worker is productive he'll get a raise or quit, if not he gets fired.[/quot

True.

In Australia, my lawn guy drives a Range Rover.

I'm relaxed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice View Post
    minimum wage is no more price setting than when a corporation decides what price to release a new product at. The marketplace will decide where the price goes from the initial offering. Same with minimum wage... if the worker is productive he'll get a raise or quit, if not he gets fired.
    You obviously don't own your own business.
    i will pay my employee what we agree to in a work contract. we are two individual soveriegns, we will work out our own contracts.
    The government has no authority to tell me what i can and can't pay someone. It's my property, my money, my business. If I don't manage it well. If I buy cheap labor, and I provide piss poor service. I will fail.
    If I compete for the best employees, if I pay a competitive rate, if i provide a good service, i will survive as a business.
    That is free markets. All you need is healthy competition.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    torchbearer,

Small business is volatile. things aren't so simple.

I lost my best workers to the mining industry.

Can't compete with 120,000 pa.

Its all good !
    GO THE BLUE COLLAR MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwest View Post
    torchbearer,

Its all good !
    GO THE BLUE COLLAR MAN!
    Not sure the connection with, I own my self, and my property, i can choose how to spend it without the government telling me I have to pay this much....
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

[quote=torchbearer;1634855]Not sure the connection with, I own my self, and my property, i can choose how to spend it without the government telling me I have to pay this much....[/quote

Stop being so insular.

With your attitude, you will never run a business for more than 6 months.

[QUOTE=Ozwest;1634872]
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Not sure the connection with, I own my self, and my property, i can choose how to spend it without the government telling me I have to pay this much....[/quote

Stop being so insular.

With your attitude, you will never run a business for more than 6 months.
    been running one for years.. and will be running it for the rest of my life.
    my employees are well paid. but that is because I make sure we all get well paid. not because the government has control over my property.

stop sucking on the government's dick. its not needed to run your business.

My longest term employee worked for me for 14 years, the median time for the rest of my staff was about 8 years.

This is how you run a business.

[quote=torchbearer;1634880]

been running one for years.. and will be running it for the rest of my life.
    my employees are well paid. but that is because I make sure we all get well paid. not because the government has control over my property.

stop sucking on the government's dick. its not needed to run your business.
    Believe me, I suck no dicks!

I pleasure in $#@!ing government dill-wadds.

My longest term employee worked for me for 14 years, the median time for the rest of my staff was about 8 years.

This is how you run a business.
    You control how long your employees work for you?
    My employees stay as long as its beneficial for both of us. When it is not, they no longer work for me.
    Some people, i hire by the job. they have done jobs with me for years, but may go a whole year without working a job with me.
    Resource management can be taken care of in laissez faire.

More than one way to skin a pig.

You control how long your employees work for you?
    My employees stay as long as its beneficial for both of us. When it is not, they no longer work for me.
    Some people, i hire by the job. they have done jobs with me for years, but may go a whole year without working a job with me.
    Resource management can be taken care of in laissez faire.

More than one way to skin a pig.
    Good thing that you got it figured.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, it may be important to note, the 90% of the people I hire are skilled labor. I treat them as equal sovereigns in my ventures and this in return benefits me.
    Unskilled labor is less likely to end up at the same job opportunities.

Good thing that you got it figured.
    laissez faire is an important concept especially in louisiana.
    its not stating, i figured it out. its stating, I just accepted it. and that was laissez faire.

Of course, it may be important to note, the 90% of the people I hire are skilled labor. I treat them as equal sovereigns in my ventures and this in return benefits me.
    Unskilled labor is less likely to end up at the same job opportunities.
    You are a snob.

Continue that attitude, and you will have regrets,

laissez faire is an important concept especially in louisiana.
    its not stating, i figured it out. its stating, I just accepted it. and that was laissez faire.
    meaning, i didn't figure it out, that people should stay only as long as its mutual beneficial. I just accepted the fact, that is indeed the best arrangement as it provides a win-win. And that is what i strive for in my dealings.

You are a snob.

Continue that attitude, and you will have regrets,
    Perhaps you aren't use to sociological jargon. i was speaking factually.
    Your reply reveals more about your own guilt than of my of factual statement.

Just to educate my friend from OZ, freely, with info I paid to learn...
    You will see by this paper summary how the language is used in the objective look at the effects and opportunties of different labor categories.

Analyzing Skilled and Unskilled Labor Efficiencies in US

Bulent Unel
    Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge

May 2008

Abstract:
    In this paper, using a production framework in which skilled and unskilled labor are imperfect substitutes, I analyze the time paths of the efficiencies of skilled and unskilled labor and their implications for economic growth and wage inequality in the US between 1950 and 2005. There are two main findings. First, I find that skilled labor efficiency has grown more slowly since the mid 1970s. Second and more interestingly, I find that beginning in the early 1970s, there has been a considerable decline in the absolute level of the efficiency of unskilled labor, implying that the decline has played a significant role in the overall productivity slowdown and the substantial widening in the U.S. wage structure.

Keywords: Growth accounting, skilled (unskilled) labor efficiency, skill-biased technical change, skill premium

JEL Classifications: E13, J31, O30, O47, O51

Working Paper Series
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1025721

from LSU.

Perhaps you aren't use to sociological jargon. i was speaking factually.
    Your reply reveals more about your own guilt than of my of factual statement.
    Factually speaking, eat a cat fish and net some craw--dads!

This is my major degree. Sociology. I study this $#@! continuously.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Factually speaking, eat a cat fish and net some craw--dads!
    I do that as often as possible. A country boy can survive... and be educated too.

I do that as often as possible. A country boy can survive... and be educated too.
    I'm surprised with all that good cook'in, your advocate has made it to 92. haha.

I'm surprised with all that good cook'in, your advocate has made it to 92. haha.
    I think the genetics of the creoles have grown to thrive on crab boil, beer, and tons of salt.
    I would compare going from eaiting louisiana food all your life to eating something in another state to a salt water fish getting dropped into a fresh water pond.

You obviously don't own your own business.
    i will pay my employee what we agree to in a work contract. we are two individual soveriegns, we will work out our own contracts.
    The government has no authority to tell me what i can and can't pay someone. It's my property, my money, my business. If I don't manage it well. If I buy cheap labor, and I provide piss poor service. I will fail.
    If I compete for the best employees, if I pay a competitive rate, if i provide a good service, i will survive as a business.
    That is free markets. All you need is healthy competition.
    I said minimum wage is no more price setting than an IPO.
    Why does everything get turned into a lecture?
    No more Mr. Bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice View Post
    I said minimum wage is no more price setting than an IPO.
    Why does everything get turned into a lecture?
    For those who are reading the thread. not just for you.
    a common mistake made all the time.
    The lecture is to try to get enough info for any questions that may be in the reader's mind that may not get brought up in other context.

[quote=torchbearer;1634929]I think the genetics of the creoles have grown to thrive on crab boil, beer, and tons of salt.
    I would compare going from eaiting louisiana food all your life to eating something in another state to a salt water fish getting dropped into a fresh water

My best buddy for years was a Sonnier. We camped and backpacked for years. Wherever we were, his family sent us catfish.

It was always a treat.

[My best buddy for years was a Sonnier. We camped and backpacked for years. Wherever we were, his family sent us catfish.

It was always a treat.
    What parish was he from? I know many Sonniers from Evangeline Parish. Some are ever famous cajun musicians.

What parish was he from? I know many Sonniers from Evangeline Parish. Some are ever famous cajun musicians.

I don't know. We never got into that.
    I do know that he was a builder in his home state for a few years.

I talked to him about 6 months ago, and he was living in Albuquerque.

Shooting, raising wolves, and building a home.

Frank was the best snow camper ever.

Barrelled down the sides of mountains,

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

torchbearer,

Its all good !
    GO THE BLUE COLLAR MAN!
    don't worry, there are plenty of people who will be looking for jobs in the US in the next couple of years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123