Thread: Unite or die

Unite or die

This is a message for Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr supporters: Unite or die.

I think it is becoming readily apparent that we do not have the luxury of squabbling over the most ideal candidate. Within the next few days, we will see if our efforts of getting Ron Paul nominated will come to succeed or fail. If they succeed, good. If they fail, then we must unite behind Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr. Writing Ron Paul in is a very bad idea since he is not on any ballot as a write in candidate and your vote will disappear into the void and will be no different than if you stayed at home.

We MUST unite behind ONE candidate and all of us MUST vote in order to send a message. If we sit and squabble and split or vote between two people, with some of us also tossing the vote into the void, we can be easily ignored. However, if we get one of the two guys 10-15% of the vote, it will send a powerful message. It doesn't matter who it is, since it is unlikely that they will win. All that matters is that we throw all our weight into one of them so it makes a difference.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    all for one and one for all.

sure buddy lol..

we need to actually think PASSED this one election and focus on the larger goal.

I will vote for anyone except mccain or obama, I hope there is some nutcase on the ticket that we can vote for just to get our point across.

This however is not productive because it will NOT produce any real results. I want to get started on local and national elections to come in the next few years. That is where our heads should start strategizing towards.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Won't happen. The best we can hope for is that the combined numbers of the 3rd parties is enough to pander to in the future.

elections are important, but do they matter?

getting the voters to understand WHY we think this way is what matters. If we can accomplish that then we could have almost any patriot run for office and win.

We need to stop thinking of that ONE that will save us and focus on the sheep that have damn clue what is going on in American politics and get them on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    elections are important, but do they matter?
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

ego's in all 3 movements will not allow this, so i sadly say after this election , we will still have 3 movements that marginalize each other but boy do i hear you loud and clear
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I came up with an idea.
    You consolidate all third-partys into 1 candidate.
    You say, "I hate this guy but I want to try for a third
    party and non R's or D's is good."
    Is that grokable?

I'm voting for Baldwin if he's on my ballot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will HAVE to funnel to 1 candidate or the Liberty movement will do nothing this election.

I do not understand the desire force a single party candidate on all of us, just to beat (or at least show disapproval of) the other parties. Isn't that what the two big parties have been doing all along? Isn't that how we got here - with only two viable choices however terrible they are?
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

I say we vote for the only Ron Paul supporter running for President, Chuck Baldwin.

I've decided on Chuck Baldwin. Bob Barr has failed me on fiscal/monetary issues, and unfortunately for him, that's my #1 issue this year. And there's the whole thing that Barr, while he has very strong "libertarian tendencies" now, still does not understand the Constitution, whereas Baldwin does. And, you know, the whole purpose of the presidency is to defend and uphold the Constitution, so...
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

Its not going to happen so give it up already. Hopefully the total number of votes going against the 2 major parties will be enough to spark a new interest in 3rd parties though.

I am all in for Chuck Baldwin.

The problem with Baldwin is that he wants to put religion
    in the gov't.
    Or at least the Const. party website says it does.

Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    in the gov't.
    And he is a protectionist, showing a fundamental misunderstanding of the economics of freedom. What else doesn't he understand I wonder?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    in the gov't.
    I think stance is holding the Constitution Party back from greatness. From what I have seen, Baldwin does not espouse this.

Quote Originally Posted by noxagol View Post
    This is a message for Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr supporters: Unite or die.

I think it is becoming readily apparent that we do not have the luxury of squabbling over the most ideal candidate. Within the next few days, we will see if our efforts of getting Ron Paul nominated will come to succeed or fail. If they succeed, good. If they fail, then we must unite behind Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr. Writing Ron Paul in is a very bad idea since he is not on any ballot as a write in candidate and your vote will disappear into the void and will be no different than if you stayed at home.

We MUST unite behind ONE candidate and all of us MUST vote in order to send a message. If we sit and squabble and split or vote between two people, with some of us also tossing the vote into the void, we can be easily ignored. However, if we get one of the two guys 10-15% of the vote, it will send a powerful message. It doesn't matter who it is, since it is unlikely that they will win. All that matters is that we throw all our weight into one of them so it makes a difference.
    I have been preaching that ever since RP announced he's no longer running... Too bad people just want to dig in their heels and never absolutely ever compromise.
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

I'm voting for Barr. He is the only one who has a chance of breaking 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by noxagol View Post

I agree! And for those who want to dwell on the next election, there may never be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akus View Post
    Too bad people just want to dig in their heels and never absolutely ever compromise.
    That's why it really pisses me off that anyone other then the two candidates running in the G.E.

If we have too many choices, people will become confused and try to vote for the person most in line with their views. Vote Obama or McCain, or else you're Nader-izing the election for the candidate you probably agree with more.

This thread isn't going to make one bit of difference. As long as there are two Candidates running and one doesn't back out for the greater good of spiting Obama and McCain, well then the vote will be split.
    Ron Paul is my President.

Quote Originally Posted by josephadel_3 View Post
    Pardon my French, but you're an asshole!