Thread: The Smoking Gun of Ag and Au price suppression

The Smoking Gun of Ag and Au price suppression

Ted Butler claims (once again) that the PM bargain prices of the past few weeks are the result of short-selling.

The Smoking Gun of Price Suppression.
    Peacefully Engaged in Domestic Economic Terrorism Since 2004.

Audit Fort Knox so we will know how much Tungsten backs the FRN!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, after reading this article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082003898.html

I tend to believe what he is saying even more. If it has been happening with oil, then it has to be happening with the other commodities as well.

It's been happening since the beginning of this bull market. Look back at the charts were $3 an ounce. Different time, same $#@!.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

If big money banks are shorting silver, they must have reason to believe it will fall further in price. What would that reason be?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Knighted View Post
    If big money banks are shorting silver, they must have reason to believe it will fall further in price. What would that reason be?
    or perhaps the government will be outlawing gold (again) and/or silver...if that were the case, then the banks would definitely want to get out of it as soon as they could.

It may be an attempt to keep the price of the metals down so the dollar looks better. People tend to measure the dollar and inflation against the price of gold and silver.

It could also be an attempt to get people to unload their gold and silver so when the crap hits the fan, there will be fewer with it on hand.

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    It may be an attempt to keep the price of the metals down so the dollar looks better. People tend to measure the dollar and inflation against the price of gold and silver.

It could also be an attempt to get people to unload their gold and silver so when the crap hits the fan, there will be fewer with it on hand.
    IMO, you are the big winner!

I will only add that so many gold and silver futures (below-ground paper/electronic "guarantees" of future delivery), have been sold, that it may be time to buy them back at bargain prices before too many folks start demanding physical delivery.

When the FRN goes down for the last time, EVERYBODY will want physical PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    When the FRN goes down for the last time, EVERYBODY will want physical PMs.
    And what will happen is, there will not be a sufficient supply for EVERYBODY to buy physical PMs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So why wait?

And what will happen is, there will not be a sufficient supply for EVERYBODY to buy physical PMs.
    Obtain physical PMs NOW, and then when the impending stampede results, the value of YOUR physical metals will increase.

To the moon Alice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Obtain physical PMs NOW, and then when the impending stampede results, the value of YOUR physical metals will increase.

To the moon Alice!
    That was my point. I obtained mine long ago.

It's just those who are trying to get them now are having a tough time finding any. This is just the start of the scarcity of physical metals.

Those who have been putting off getting physical metals better get them NOW or they won't be able to get any at all.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 08-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.

If you cannot buy gold or silver, in hard times alcohol will be just as good. So you can stack up on that as well =D

My Belief, opinion:

They are being told to do this, and their losses, if they do ultimately lose, are guaranteed....if you know what I mean.
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

Lower demand. There's a reason why gold AND silver AND platinum AND paladium AND rhodium all fall in price during recessions.

Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju View Post
    Lower demand. There's a reason why gold AND silver AND platinum AND paladium AND rhodium all fall in price during recessions.
    Let's see, the dollar starts to look like it is recovering from its slump, and this indicates a recession is happening so everybody sells their gold and silver.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Let's see, the dollar starts to look like it is recovering from its slump, and this indicates a recession is happening so everybody sells their gold and silver.

Makes a lot of sense to me.
    yeah, but I'm not everybody

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    yeah, but I'm not everybody
    Yeah, I should have said everybody holding paper metals.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Fox just had a Bernanke quote on earlier today about how the "drop in commodities prices and the strengthening dollar was a good sign the economy is rebounding" or something to that effect.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bruno1969 View Post
    Fox just had a Bernanke quote on earlier today about how the "drop in commodities prices and the strengthening dollar was a good sign the economy is rebounding" or something to that effect.
    That is what they would have us believe.

The Almighty hath speaketh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    The Almighty hath speaketh!!!
    You mean its not the gospel truth?

LOL

Remember the old commercials, "When E.F Hutton speaks, people listen."

Now fill in the blank.

"When Ben Benanke speaks _____________"
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

"When Ben Benanke speaks _____________"
    money falleth from the heavens!