Thread: The Holy Grail of Liberty

The Holy Grail of Liberty

This is it. I have figured out what we need in order to turn the tides, and it's indirectly because of Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck IMO is an example of someone so close to the fence on the Liberty Movement that one thing can turn him. I think he represents a huge segment of the population.

These people know that the government is too big, and know we want to reduce it, but they feel like it has become so large that people who intend to reduce it will do so in a way that will destabilize society.

the way you fix this, is by creating a long term outline(50 year) of phased dismantling of programs. In this plan, there would be care taken to make sure that the push for public support and removal of a program came at the proper time, where it wouldn't disrupt another system and cause legislation to pop up to deal with the emergency.

Care would have to be taken to make sure that when we removed one piece of legislation, we removed the counter legislation that would make the situation unfair.

for example, the war on drugs and FDA are interrelated, you can't remove one entirely without the other...

obviously the short term focus would be programs which have a proper power held in a different branch, such as dept of education(states, private sector will still take care of it) and dept of justice(all of their responsibilities that are valid are redundant with other programs), then move to dismantle others.

ron pauls legalizing of the gold standard as a competitive currency would handle that problem, for example.

discuss, the order in which we would take it all apart where it wouldn't destroy the country.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    discuss, the order in which we would take it all apart where it wouldn't destroy the country.
    If one had the power and could raze DC and salt the earth where it once stood, in a 24 hr period, the country would be better off within a week.

Government cannot stay focused on events within a 5 year time span.

A 50 year plan would be 50 more years of what's happening right now.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I've heard this theory before, its not new, and its not realistic.

Trying to incrementally plan the movement towards full liberty over a long long time frame - not realistic at all.

http://mises.org/rothbard/newliberty14.asp

The answer as to why its unrealistic is in this chapter of For a New Liberty. Sorry I'm too tired to re-read the chapter and point out specific passages for you, might do it later.

Fabianism, incrementalism.

I'd push that damn button.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads: