Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Truthers a liability?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are Truthers a liability?

Are Truther grassroots activists a liability to the Campaign.

Are the truthers hurting the campaign with New World Order nonsense?

Yes the average American has some questions about 9/11, but I also think that the average American views that the "9/11 was an inside job" truthers as nut jobs.

I also think that if Paul were to get the nomination, he should stop giving interviews with people like Alex Jones. Jones, while probably sincere, is also a business man making money off of Truther's fears.... It really isn't a whole lot different than Giuliani being a 9/11 profiteer

I personally share Ron Paul's official position on 9/11.
    "Every generation needs a new revolution."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're our liabilities and we love them.

test
    Last edited by libertarianguy; 01-21-2008 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lojpre View Post
    everyone stop asking about liabilities
    POST OF THE DECADE.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

I don't share his opinion but it matters not. But then again, i also don't believe in the easter bunny.

Ho, hum, yet again. How about in Hot Topics, and with a title of 'I am a diversive prig starting another flame war'.
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

I have always said they were for the reason that their notions will cause less people to vote for Ron Paul. They have no reason to mix their "truth" message with the campaign.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everybody's a potential liability.

Since something like 30% of America suspects that 9/11 was done by an internal US conspiracy, and 70% suspect that the Iraq war was a lie based on 9/11 I think we'll be ok.

The liability we have with them is belligerent action and racist kooks. But whatever, these people have the right to believe what is the truth even if their methods are abrasive.

They have the right to believe whatever they want. But it is they that got Paul associated with the "tin foil hat", not the moderate republicans, rational libertarians and convert dems.
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Jesus lovin' truther here!

Heck, I even believe the sinking of the Titanic was a move to bolster the central bank agenda.

Am I a liability? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous View Post
    They have the right to believe whatever they want. But it is they that got Paul associated with the "tin foil hat", not the moderate republicans, rational libertarians and convert dems.
    Alright drooldonkey. I was awaiting your tinfoil hat remark that places you squarely in the camp of the brainwashed collectivists wh have the bizzarre notion that the truth is something to slander and those who research and draw comclusions from such are to be shunned. Frankly..we don't heed low IQ'ed, paranoia projecting flamewar firing misfits walltzing insensibly through the campaign stirring up antagonism.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    Max Planck

They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
    Plato

Truth is its own reward.
    Plato

Tell the truth and then run.
    Proverb

It is the truth that irritates a person.
    Spanish Proverb

A truth spoken before its time is dangerous.
    Greek Proverb

The truth only irritates those it enlightens, but does not convert.
    Author

People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.
    Robert J. Ringer

No evidence will convince you of the truth of what you do not want.
    A Course in Miracles

The truth is found when men are free to pursue it.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
    Dogen

Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves.
    Jean Jacques Rousseau

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
    Bertrand Russell

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
    George Bernard Shaw

The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.
    George Orwell

When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness.
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
    Harry S. Truman

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Learn to see things as they really are, not as we imagine they are.
    Vernon Howard

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.
    Aldous Huxley

Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects... totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations.
    Aldous Huxley

It is the fate of new truths to begin as heresies and end as superstitions.
    Thomas H. Huxley

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    Thomas Jefferson

For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead...
    Thomas Jefferson

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived, and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.
    John F. Kennedy

The desire for truth is the highest of all desires, yet, it is still a desire. All desires must be given up for the real to be.....When all search ceases, it is the Supreme State.
    Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

All truth is safe and nothing else is safe, but he who keeps back truth, or withholds it from men, from motives of expediency, is either a coward or a criminal.
    James Russell Lowell

Not being known doesn't stop the truth from being true.
    Richard Bach American Author

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
    Marcus Aurelius

The first casualty of war is truth.
    Hiram Johnson

There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world.
    Thomas Jefferson

Half a truth is often a great lie.
    Benjamin Franklin

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
    Winston Churchill

A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.
    Will Rogers

I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led, and bearding every authority which stood in their way.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
    Giordano Bruno

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

That being said.. go piss up a rope shortstop.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Since something like 30% of America suspects that 9/11 was done by an internal US conspiracy, and 70% suspect that the Iraq war was a lie based on 9/11 I think we'll be ok.

The liability we have with them is belligerent action and racist kooks. But whatever, these people have the right to believe what is the truth even if their methods are abrasive.
    30% of Americans do not suspect that 9/11 was an inside job. They suspect there are cover-ups of government incompetence (like not being efficient). They believe that the government has not been forthcoming about all details on the events surrounding 9/11. 99% of them believe that it's just government hiding their incompetence. Only a small minority believe the U.S. government did it.

Furthermore, Ron Paul does not believe 9/11 was an inside job, so that message should not be associated with his campaign. Our political rivals on the left and right are trying to paint Dr. Paul as a 9/11 truther and conspiracy nut in order to hurt us, and I'd say they're doing a damn good job with the assistance of some of our "supporters"

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous View Post
    Are Truther grassroots activists a liability to the Campaign.

Are the truthers hurting the campaign with New World Order nonsense?

Yes the average American has some questions about 9/11, but I also think that the average American views that the "9/11 was an inside job" truthers as nut jobs.

I also think that if Paul were to get the nomination, he should stop giving interviews with people like Alex Jones. Jones, while probably sincere, is also a business man making money off of Truther's fears.... It really isn't a whole lot different than Giuliani being a 9/11 profiteer

I personally share Ron Paul's official position on 9/11.

If exposing the IRREFUTABLE TRUTH about 9/11 (an inside job, US & Israel) makes us "nut jobs" in the eyes of the "average American", then perhaps the "average American" is beyond hope.

If you insist on burying your head in the sand about 9/11, thats your right. But where do you get off labeling us as "nuts" when I guaran-damn-tee you that you havent done any research into the matter yourself.

has it ever occured to you that if the mass media can blackout so much good news about Ron Paul (95%of Americans have never heard of him!)...that they could just as easily cover up the facts of 9/11?...THINK ABOUT IT!

try and refute this... www.911truthvirus.com

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    If pursuing the IRREFUTABLE TRUTH about 9/11 makes us "nut jobs" in the eues of the "average American"

No, it's acting like a "nut job" about truth that makes you into or appear as a nut job.

Just sayin.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are Americans and they have every right to support any candidate they want. The more we start pushing that point the better off everyone will be.

I may not agree with their views but I'll most certainly defend their right to support Ron and I happily welcome their hard work.

P.s. If a flame war starts in this thread I'll move it but I want visitors to read some of the points in the thread. Really think about what people are saying when they say a candidate should distance themselves from members of the voting public. Is this something we really want to indorse? I say no.
    Come see my website
    www.tingomedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    No, it's acting like a "nut job" about truth that makes you into or appear as a nut job.

Just sayin.
    agreed
    -Thomas Jefferson

-Thomas Jefferson

One more person agreeing that the 911 Truth evidence is refutable. So much of the evidence is hokey at best. There is some stuff that seems suspicious, but nothing incriminating. The sad part is even if there is some truth to some of it, it is blanketed with all this other crap that is laughable.

Now, as for Ron Paul, the 911 Truther movement does scare people away. I know because I know people when asked about Ron Paul have responded that he is one of those "tin foil hat guys who think 9/11 was an inside job". I doubt he got that label on his own..

FWIW and I am sure you truthers will like this: some Lebanese and Palestinian acquaintances last night got very offensive with me about how muslims were blamed for 9/11 and they too think it was an inside job..

I hope you sincere folk out there realize that this thread is infested with trolls playing off of each other and laughing at you as you get sucked in for the 100th time. Please don't let yourselves get sucked in again. I mean who with a liberty loving mind would come out and say that such and such a group shouldn't support Ron Paul because of their views about a particular issue?

Follow the money on the "puts' in the stock market against the airlines and businesses in the WTC and you will find your answers. Why haven't they done this yet?

Why haven't they released a full video of the "plane" that hit the Pentagon? There are literally hundreds of video cameras in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by jmunjr View Post
    One more person agreeing that the 911 Truth evidence is refutable. So much of the evidence is hokey at best. There is some stuff that seems suspicious, but nothing incriminating. The sad part is even if there is some truth to some of it, it is blanketed with all this other crap that is laughable.

Now, as for Ron Paul, the 911 Truther movement does scare people away. I know because I know people when asked about Ron Paul have responded that he is one of those "tin foil hat guys who think 9/11 was an inside job". I doubt he got that label on his own..

FWIW and I am sure you truthers will like this: some Lebanese and Palestinian acquaintances last night got very offensive with me about how muslims were blamed for 9/11 and they too think it was an inside job..

If exposing the IRREFUTABLE TRUTH about 9/11 (an inside job, US & Israel) makes us "nut jobs" in the eyes of the "average American", then perhaps the "average American" is beyond hope.

If you insist on burying your head in the sand about 9/11, thats your right. But where do you get off labeling us as "nuts" when I guaran-damn-tee you that you havent done any research into the matter yourself.

has it ever occured to you that if the mass media can blackout so much good news about Ron Paul (95%of Americans have never heard of him!)...that they could just as easily cover up the facts of 9/11?...THINK ABOUT IT!

But Ron Paul doesnt believe 911 was an inside job. Isnt he just "burrying his head in the sand" with his nutty ideas about some made up word called "blowback" ?

So why do you support him?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    But Ron Paul doesnt believe 911 was an inside job. Isnt he just "burrying his head in the sand" with his nutty ideas about some made up word called "blowback" ?

So why do you support him?
    Perhaps it's because 9/11 truth isn't the only issue they're thinking about...

I'm not sold on the gold standard but I still support Ron.
    Come see my website
    www.tingomedia.com

It is refutable, its been done multiple times by legitimate sources. And if 8 years studying engineering and construction isn't enough research id like to know where you get your facts.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah great, now what are you going to do about it? You gonna go kill those responsible with your bare hands? Are you going to open a new investigation team made up of the very people that you think were involved?

Waste of time even if it is true.
    People still debating JFK after all these years................. how much closer are we to holding someone responsible?
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

Quote Originally Posted by happyphilter View Post
    It is refutable, its been done multiple times by legitimate sources. And if 8 years studying engineering and construction isn't enough research id like to know where you get your facts.

(9/11 truth has NEVER been refuted, unless you consider the hit and run, straw man , pot shots of government/MSM "experts" to be legitimate refutatation.

It is interesting to note that the "experts" who defend the Bin Laden fairy tale have REFUSED...time and time again to debate the physicists, scholars, engineers, intelliegnce people etc who are 9/11 truthers.

I wish that those of you who call us "nuts" would actually dedicate some time to researching the facts before you ridicule us. But before you do any research, you need to understand that the biggest barrioer to understanding the truth is not intellectual...it is PSYCHOLOGICAL.

Read the allegory of the cave by Plato...then study 911truthvirus.com in depth...

take small bites....it took me 2 years to deprogram myself. But if u stick with it, I promise that the truth will eventually hit you right between the eyes.

And though I agree that 9/11 activities should not be directly linked with Ron paul campaigning...keep in mind that once a person is turned on to 9/11 truth...HE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A RON PAUL SUPPORTER because he understand that the same forces who are blacklisting RP are the ones who did 9/11

These bastards murdered 3000 Americans in order to get us into war, set up the PATRIOT Act and Homeland security.

Last edited by lost_in_samoa; 02-25-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_in_samoa View Post
    Max,

I know you've been here longer than me. I'm just a lowly lurker.

But you are beginning to sound like a TROLL to me. Chill.

Go print and distribute some slim-jims. Air out your anger by logging on and donating some cash to the campaign. Work with your meetup folks and do something constructive.

We need to concentrate on Dr. Paul's campaign

Sincerely

Lost_in_Samoa

On behalf of max in the face of your demeaning commands I offer you this rope to piss up..

Thanks
    Randy

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lost_in_samoa View Post
    Max,

I know you've been here longer than me. I'm just a lowly lurker.

But you are beginning to sound like a TROLL to me. Chill.

Go print and distribute some slim-jims. Air out your anger by logging on and donating some cash to the campaign. Work with your meetup folks and do something constructive.

We need to concentrate on Dr. Paul's campaign

Sincerely

Lost_in_Samoa

I dont make an issue of 9/11 in here unless some control freak starts talking trash that he doesnt know anything about. It has been my observation that in 100% of the cases where these brawls have erupted it here, its due to some sanctimonious know-it-all bithcing and whining about "9/11 truth is hurting Ron Paul"

RP continues to appear on Alex Jones radio show (Jones is an outspoken truther) and he was friends with the late film producer Aaron Russo (another Truther). Why can't you ass-clowns show us the same degree of tolerance that RP shows Jones and Russo?

RP himself doesnt throw us under the bus...so why do u?

Quote Originally Posted by happyphilter View Post
    Studying engineering then this is right up your alley!! Watch it & analyze it yourself, do not let MSM analyze it for you.

San Francisco Bay area architect Richard Gage, AIA,
    http://www.ae911truth.org/ -Architects & Engineers for 9/11 truth
    Proof of Controlled Demolition 9/11 - Architect speaks out
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41047197474365 Part 1
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19675737766037 Part 2
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03663508827383 Part 3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast