Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Truthers a liability?

Truble with this Truther Stuff it advances this Revolution To MAvcon 10 and beyond

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wake up the Sheeple all you want. It is your right. But just don't mix that agenda with Paul's.
    "Every generation needs a new revolution."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Enough already!

Gawd...i am a truther or whatever label you wish to put on me. When I talk about Ron Paul I don't speak about 9/11. It's really that simple folks. I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car. I won't put on a 9/11 inside job on there unless we don't win.

My own feelings is that Dr. Paul has not ruled out there are some horrible people working at the white house and pentagon. An independent investigation will happen if he wins.

Another way to make my point...I woudn't put pro choice and I'm an atheist next to a Ron Paul sticker. For those who wish to hide the obvious links from 9/11 to wars, you have a lot of reading and videos to watch.

This is a "Ridiculous" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiebott View Post
    Gawd...i am a truther or whatever label you wish to put on me. When I talk about Ron Paul I don't speak about 9/11. It's really that simple folks. I have a Ron Paul sticker on my car. I won't put on a 9/11 inside job on there unless we don't win.

My own feelings is that Dr. Paul has not ruled out there are some horrible people working at the white house and pentagon. An independent investigation will happen if he wins.

Another way to make my point...I woudn't put pro choice and I'm an atheist next to a Ron Paul sticker. For those who wish to hide the obvious links from 9/11 to wars, you have a lot of reading and videos to watch.
    Very Good Point - and very darn sensible - so why all the arguing

9/11 was a false flag operation and everyone at high levels of military and government knows damn well it was. It was only a small criminal clique that pulled it off, but it was a very powerful one.

The whole intellectual superstructure we live under in America is about to change dramatically. We're going to see that so much of our public life -- elections, newscasts, politicians, education -- is fake, an elaborate mirage created by elites to do what elites have always done: dominate others economically, socially, and militarily.

Our institutions are going to be reworked from the ground up, and some of them will not survive. Already very few Americans trust the president, the Congress, the mainstream media, the universities. There is rampant corrpution and deceit, and all done by elites for the benefit of their class. And it's all coming to an end, thanks to the organizing power of the internet.

Ron Paul is a part of this process, a big part. So is 9/11; when more and more people become aware of what really happened on that day and why -- and the truthers are getting louder -- there will be, in addition to some very historic trials, moral outrage to open up these institutions and destroy the cloak of secrecy that has allowed their pernicious behavior to go unchecked. The current administration, the two major political parties, and the MSM are three entities that have such rough times ahead that their very existence is questionable in the future. Of course, Cheney and the gang could just false flag us and try to impose martial law, in which case, we can all figure out what to do.

But do we have to bring Ron Paul up together with the 9/11 truthers? We shouldn't go out of our way to either deny or court the truthers. They are a related but separate movement.

Jesus lovin' truther here!

Heck, I even believe the sinking of the Titanic was a move to bolster the central bank agenda.

Am I a liability? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous View Post
    Wake up the Sheeple all you want. It is your right. But just don't mix that agenda with Paul's.

Amen. Folks, this is not a divisive sentiment.

We should be able to agree that it's counterproductive to inject agendas that contradict Ron Paul's own beliefs. Counterproductive to electing Ron Paul, that is. If their real agenda is something else, then the actions of the parasites will speak for where they really stand.

Last edited by lost_in_samoa; 02-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.

We should be able to agree that it's counterproductive to inject agendas that contradict Ron Paul's own beliefs. Counterproductive to electing Ron Paul, that is. If their real agenda is something else, then the actions of the parasites will speak for where they really stand.

Easy, tiger. Congressman Paul himself goes on Alex Jones's show all the time (most recently earlier this week) and Jesse Benton (Paul's press secretary) was on today. So the "parasitism" evidently goes all the way to the top if we're using strokes that broad.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We all need to support Ron Paul. Because all of us support this nations founding ideals, the CONSITIUTION

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKey.com View Post
    We all need to support Ron Paul. Because all of us support this nations founding ideals, the CONSITIUTION
    Stop arguing and just do something were all in this together!

Quote Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post

Easy, tiger. Congressman Paul himself goes on Alex Jones's show all the time (most recently earlier this week) and Jesse Benton (Paul's press secretary) was on today. So the "parasitism" evidently goes all the way to the top if we're using strokes that broad.
    Touche! Is RP a parasite on the truthers? Hahaha! Interesting.

I know Ron and Alex are friends, but I think he's opening up a box of ammo for his opponents by being on that show. So let's stop "parasitism" all the way 'round before we experience "blowback".

Seriously, we all need to evaluate our actions honestly and ask ourselves if we're (a) advancing the cause or (b) glomming onto it for some other purpose. If (b), then continue supporting Ron Paul and your other agenda, just please do it separately. Just my $.02.

personal observation:

The number of divisive treads made by "nontruthers" far outweigh those who call themselves truthers. This has been true for a long time and am reminded of this almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    personal observation:

The number of divisive treads made by "nontruthers" far outweigh those who call themselves truthers. This has been true for a long time and am reminded of this almost every day.
    Neutrualize a truther = agree with said truther

Truthers are a liability when they push their beliefs using Ron Paul's name or alongside Ron Paul.

Please leave the non-RP agendas at home and for another, different rally.

Quote Originally Posted by trispear View Post
    Truthers are a liability when they push their beliefs using Ron Paul's name or alongside Ron Paul.

Please leave the non-RP agendas at home and for another, different rally.
    This is the source of the conflict - and I aggree - just act like you sympathize with them more and they wouldn't get all addamant about the re beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    If exposing the IRREFUTABLE TRUTH about 9/11 (an inside job, US & Israel) makes us "nut jobs" in the eyes of the "average American", then perhaps the "average American" is beyond hope.

[/url]
    The important thing is to NOT alienate voters. I don't care how strong your belief in "truth" or "libertarianism" or whatever is, if you come off as a raving lunatic, you will have FAILED your mission, no matter how "right" you think you are.

If you get in someones face, yelling and spitting, I GUARANTEE you will create a voter who won't even consider Ron Paul as a candidate.

When talking to a potential Ron Paul voter, the key is to ADDRESS THAT VOTERS CONCERNS as best you can. As an example, if you are at an anti war rally, don't start ranting about 9-11 Truth or excessive taxation, talk about what those folks are mostly likely to be receptive too- ending the war.

If you are at a strippers convention, don't rant about 9-11 truth/taxation, talk about how Ron Paul is the candidate most likely to let them continue their profession without interference.

Conversely, if you are at a 9-11 truth meetup, feel free to discuss 9-11 truth all day.

If you are at a libertarian meeting, open up the tax issue.

Tailor your discussion to your audience. Its not about what YOUR favorite issue is, its about what THEIR favorite issue is. And don't rant or get in people's faces if they disagree with you. "Winning the argument" isn't the point here folks (and, btw, if you have to "get in someone's face", you will NEVER convince them).

The important thing is to get Ron Paul elected first.

I'll be at the Texas straw poll this weekend- I'll wander over to the peace rally nearby at some point during the day. If someone at that rally asks "who is ron paul", I guarantee "9-11 truth" "high taxes" or "CFR" won't be the topic I will be discussing- I'll be talking about how President Paul will BRING THE TROOPS HOME!
    Last edited by libertarian4321; 08-31-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: additional lines

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    If exposing the IRREFUTABLE TRUTH about 9/11 (an inside job, US & Israel) makes us "nut jobs" in the eyes of the "average American", then perhaps the "average American" is beyond hope.

If you insist on burying your head in the sand about 9/11, thats your right. But where do you get off labeling us as "nuts" when I guaran-damn-tee you that you havent done any research into the matter yourself.

has it ever occured to you that if the mass media can blackout so much good news about Ron Paul (95%of Americans have never heard of him!)...that they could just as easily cover up the facts of 9/11?...THINK ABOUT IT!

try and refute this... www.911truthvirus.com
    I do agree that there needs to be - as Ron Paul wishes - an independent inquiry into this whole mess. One thing I love about our Ron...he has the guts to speak the courage of his convictions. I love him for this. I seek to emulate him and this - in my view - includes free speech.

And no one in the msm has done anything other than a hack-job on sorting out the inconsistencies of this story. Especially building 7. But we do need to remember who the MSM actually is, lest we forget:

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/04/47530.php

And I do agree with your assertion that Ron Paul is being intentionally censored. It is beyond obvious, to me.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. – Plato

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    The important thing is to NOT alienate voters. I don't care how strong your belief in "truth" or "libertarianism" or whatever is, if you come off as a raving lunatic, you will have FAILED your mission, no matter how "right" you think you are.

If you get in someones face, yelling and spitting, I GUARANTEE you will create a voter who won't even consider Ron Paul as a candidate.

When talking to a potential Ron Paul voter, the key is to ADDRESS THAT VOTERS CONCERNS as best you can. As an example, if you are at an anti war rally, don't start ranting about 9-11 Truth or excessive taxation, talk about what those folks are mostly likely to be receptive too- ending the war.

If you are at a strippers convention, don't rant about 9-11 truth/taxation, talk about how Ron Paul is the candidate most likely to let them continue their profession without interference.

Conversely, if you are at a 9-11 truth meetup, feel free to discuss 9-11 truth all day.

If you are at a libertarian meeting, open up the tax issue.

Tailor your discussion to your audience. Its not about what YOUR favorite issue is, its about what THEIR favorite issue is. And don't rant or get in people's faces if they disagree with you. "Winning the argument" isn't the point here folks (and, btw, if you have to "get in someone's face", you will NEVER convince them).

The important thing is to get Ron Paul elected first.
    I aggree!

OBJECTION, YOUR HONOR! Asked and answered. Over and over again. I protest this attempt to start another truther war.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

yes - Doth too protest

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post

Hey, I'm an enemy operative according to some (which I accuse of the same).

coo coo!

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    OBJECTION, YOUR HONOR! Asked and answered. Over and over again. I protest this attempt to start another truther war.
    Maybe we need a FAQ for this forum that includes mention of such battles that have already been fought to a stalemate.

I'd also like to put in a plug for the idea that Hot Topics not show up on the main New Posts link. That should help the truthers and non-truthers stay out of each others' hair.

Quote Originally Posted by lojpre View Post
    everyone stop asking about liabilities
    POST OF THE DECADE.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by happyphilter View Post
    It is refutable, its been done multiple times by legitimate sources. And if 8 years studying engineering and construction isn't enough research id like to know where you get your facts.

(9/11 truth has NEVER been refuted, unless you consider the hit and run, straw man , pot shots of government/MSM "experts" to be legitimate refutatation.

It is interesting to note that the "experts" who defend the Bin Laden fairy tale have REFUSED...time and time again to debate the physicists, scholars, engineers, intelliegnce people etc who are 9/11 truthers.

I wish that those of you who call us "nuts" would actually dedicate some time to researching the facts before you ridicule us. But before you do any research, you need to understand that the biggest barrioer to understanding the truth is not intellectual...it is PSYCHOLOGICAL.

Read the allegory of the cave by Plato...then study 911truthvirus.com in depth...

take small bites....it took me 2 years to deprogram myself. But if u stick with it, I promise that the truth will eventually hit you right between the eyes.

And though I agree that 9/11 activities should not be directly linked with Ron paul campaigning...keep in mind that once a person is turned on to 9/11 truth...HE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A RON PAUL SUPPORTER because he understand that the same forces who are blacklisting RP are the ones who did 9/11

These bastards murdered 3000 Americans in order to get us into war, set up the PATRIOT Act and Homeland security.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They have the right to believe whatever they want. But it is they that got Paul associated with the "tin foil hat", not the moderate republicans, rational libertarians and convert dems.
    Alright drooldonkey. I was awaiting your tinfoil hat remark that places you squarely in the camp of the brainwashed collectivists wh have the bizzarre notion that the truth is something to slander and those who research and draw comclusions from such are to be shunned. Frankly..we don't heed low IQ'ed, paranoia projecting flamewar firing misfits walltzing insensibly through the campaign stirring up antagonism.

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    Max Planck

They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
    Plato

Truth is its own reward.
    Plato

Tell the truth and then run.
    Proverb

It is the truth that irritates a person.
    Spanish Proverb

A truth spoken before its time is dangerous.
    Greek Proverb

The truth only irritates those it enlightens, but does not convert.
    Author

People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.
    Robert J. Ringer

No evidence will convince you of the truth of what you do not want.
    A Course in Miracles

The truth is found when men are free to pursue it.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
    Dogen

Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves.
    Jean Jacques Rousseau

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
    Bertrand Russell

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
    George Bernard Shaw

The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.
    George Orwell

When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness.
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
    Harry S. Truman

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Learn to see things as they really are, not as we imagine they are.
    Vernon Howard

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.
    Aldous Huxley

Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects... totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations.
    Aldous Huxley

It is the fate of new truths to begin as heresies and end as superstitions.
    Thomas H. Huxley

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    Thomas Jefferson

For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead...
    Thomas Jefferson

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived, and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.
    John F. Kennedy

The desire for truth is the highest of all desires, yet, it is still a desire. All desires must be given up for the real to be.....When all search ceases, it is the Supreme State.
    Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

All truth is safe and nothing else is safe, but he who keeps back truth, or withholds it from men, from motives of expediency, is either a coward or a criminal.
    James Russell Lowell

Not being known doesn't stop the truth from being true.
    Richard Bach American Author

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
    Marcus Aurelius

The first casualty of war is truth.
    Hiram Johnson

There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world.
    Thomas Jefferson

Half a truth is often a great lie.
    Benjamin Franklin

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
    Winston Churchill

A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.
    Will Rogers

I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led, and bearding every authority which stood in their way.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
    Giordano Bruno

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

That being said.. go piss up a rope shortstop.

Randy

Last edited by lost_in_samoa; 02-25-2008 at 02:38 PM.

STFU control freak..

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    Amen. Folks, this is not a divisive sentiment.

Yer right. It is a statement by a control freaking drooldonkey who deems themselves more intelligent than everybody but s afraid of the truth.

Randy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast