Thread: A one-party system is a totalitarian dictatorship, a two-party system is America

A one-party system is a totalitarian dictatorship, a two-party system is America

My question is how do we get this message out to people? It's clear less than half of America takes part in our election process--the most active demographic being the elderly which is a shame. Our Republic was supposed to operate as "Majority rule with minority rights," yet it appears the minority is ruling, considering less than 50% of the voting population actually votes, and the majority have the rights. Most of our Congressmen and women, at least the most influential ones, are either in retirement age or are nearing it. The elderly vote in higher percentages than any other age group.

So basically the people living are living for the dead as Jefferson would have put it, passing such legislation that puts us into debt which THEY won't have to pick up the tab for--enjoying benefits like being re-elected (politicians), or receiving Medicare/Social Security/[insert entitlement program here] (the elderly voters). This is the same dangerous system that Jefferson warned us about and actually proposed amending the Constitution to where all debts we incurred would be completely paid off (interest too) within 19 years from the date borrowed, and a tax would be in place in order to accomplish this. That way we would establish the greatest credit in the world, limit a monstrous debt from accumulating, and as he put it "live for the living and not the dead" -- by his assumption that an 18 year old voter would live to the expectancy at the time of 37--the 19 year difference he concludes should be the limit for the term of a debt.

How do we get this message to people out there, especially the younger voters? I think too many people are focused on the minority of people who vote each election rather than the potential ones. We get caught up trying to convince Republicans and Democrats to come to our side rather than the ones who are indifferent or simply just don't care. I believe if more people understood we're only one party better than a foe we spent most of the 20th century "fighting," then I think it would turn on some lights for most people. That combined with the fact that our country's decisions are made primarily by people whose remaining years are indeed limited should be of vital concern for all. I'm not against older people from running for public office or voting (as it would be ironic considering Ron Paul's age ), but am I the only one who sees it as a tragedy that a 65 year old voter that may have 20 years left on this planet make decisions that will burden an 18 year old nonvoter with 67 years on their clock with a gargantuon debt??
    Last edited by Vaio; 08-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not if both of the parties are the same. Which political party opposes both TYRANNY and LEVIATHAN?