Thread: Why Is Silver Going Down When My Coin Shop Is OUT???

Why Is Silver Going Down When My Coin Shop Is OUT???

This really doesn't make sense, it's either signaling a complete global economic collapse or there is some serious manipulation going on. I'm certainly wanting to make some big purchases, but no one is selling. My local coin shop says there are a LOT of buyers right now, and I'm starting to feel like I'm in the twilight zone, where up is down and down is up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably because your coin shop is selling real physical silver.

It's pretty amazing that it took this to make you start to feel like you're in the twilight zone.

Your coin shop might not be "out".. but they might be upside down on the stock they have and are holding it for a while hoping spot will go back up some... they don't want to sell for less than they paid for it any more than you do. Or.. maybe they really did sell out. ?

There's still a lot for sale via bulliondirect and other online sites.. if you don't mind waiting a while.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grieves View Post
    It's pretty amazing that it took this to make you start to feel like you're in the twilight zone.
    This is funny but I just can't laugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

probably hedge funds liquidating.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

because all the people selling it are selling paper. All the people buying are buying the real thing. The game cannot last forever. Most of the people buying the actual stuff haven't sold an oz.

Is the US mint still rationing their silver coins?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's what I'm telling people this morning, good luck finding gold and silver coins anywhere near spot.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    Is the US mint still rationing their silver coins?
    Yup, and I heard yesterday that they weren't making anymore gold coins either.

Here's a link posted in another thread, stating the US mint is not selling any more gold.

http://apmexdealer.blogspot.com/2008...-sales-of.html

Could be some of the reasons in this article called No Sausage on the battle between gold and government. It appears the gold and silver shortages are cropping up again.

Anyone know what delivery times are currently at?

Maybe the banks are selling to raise capital

That is what I suspect. They need to sell, not necessarily want. Watch out for a margin call swoon, might be happening now or soon which will be the climax. The public is far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    Your coin shop might not be "out".. but they might be upside down on the stock they have and are holding it for a while hoping spot will go back up some... they don't want to sell for less than they paid for it any more than you do. Or.. maybe they really did sell out. ?

There's still a lot for sale via bulliondirect and other online sites.. if you don't mind waiting a while.
    Went to two coin shops this morning, both reputable dealers I trust. They didn't have any silver bullion left. In one of the shops, someone wiped them out this morning and bought everything they had.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

The US Mint decision may be based on how much it costs them for the gold and production of the coins vs the prices they are sold at.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The US Mint decision may be based on how much it costs them for the gold and production of the coins vs the prices they are sold at.
    Yeah, God forbid the federal government, which will often and loudly talk about the benefits of a free market when necessary, actually let the market influence what they charge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just checked Apmex and they seem to be out of 1oz silver bars.....selling silver shot instead.
    The prices on good ole' Ebay haven't really dropped much. Do they ever?

apmex had 1oz bars late last night for about 30 minutes. I ordered another 50. I wish i had a little more stomach and I would have ordered 100

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    That's what I'm telling people this morning, good luck finding gold and silver coins anywhere near spot.
    You can if you know the right places.....

Look locally for coin shops that are at least 50 years in existence (and they are usually internet challenged)......If you're not looking to invest thousands or more.......

These older ones have been hoarding the metals when they were really cheap......

And they usually have a bunch if you're a small investor.....

Today's purchase for me from a place locally which I have described.....

20 silver eagles (mostly 1980s) at $14.50 a piece

5 englehard 10 oz bars bars at $130 each........

Won't help you have a ton to spend......

But if you are a small investor.....it's out there locally in many cases.......

Yes the prices are being manipulated via the etfs.....

But if you can find a dealer who has stock left they purchased before 2000 in the stockpile....they are still making a profit.....even after the current manipulated dive....

Look for old coin shops to clean out.....ones in existence 50+ years are the best

Happy Hunting

A hedge fund trade that has been going for about 4-5 years is reversing. Commodities/Euro/Yen against the $ and US stocks.

Some of the hedge funds are liquidating large positions.

Jim Rogers is holding ...

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion."
    - Thomas Jefferson

WATCH: The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

READ: Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseLiberty View Post
    Jim Rogers is holding ...
    Where are you seeing that?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

They interview him about weekly on Bloomberg.

Don't know if he specifically mentioned silver, but he hasn't changed any of his former positions. He's using this ramp in the dollar to get out of the rest of his $ based assets/currency.

As you probably know he's an extremely long term position trader.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Where are you seeing that?

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion."
    - Thomas Jefferson

WATCH: The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

READ: Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley

Two markets: Futures and stock

Futures up/ stock down and visa versa.

Dollar up= stocks up + higher interest rate + futures down

Dollar down= futures up + lower interest rate + stocks down

Manipulation of the dollar-watch the interest rate adjustments by the Fed. They move investors back and forth from market to market. Major investors know this, that’s why they usually don’t lose money. The markets are set-up to rob small investors who don’t understand what is happening. Peter Schiff has talked about this market manipulation, that’s why he’s had people in futures not stocks. This is part of the Fed corruption. This is one of the ways the owners of the Fed get even richer. If interest rates go up, there will be a mass exodus of the very rich from futures and futures will drop like the twin towers on 911.

These markets are just tools for the Fed to create bubbles, and steal money from the middle class. They know the middle class doesn't understand what happens to them.

Here's a good article: http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4902.html

as long as the Fed is in control of the interest rates and the money, investments in anything will be unstable, it's by design:
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article5556.html
    Last edited by hope7134; 08-17-2008 at 04:52 AM.

I don't understand the post.... are you thinking in terms of supply and demand? Because there is much more to silver than that. The dollar also effects the price of silver.

And basing the economy or manipulation on your specific dealer isn't very reliable

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Way back in the eighties after the huge silver run, a few shops went out of business.

Apmex is basically out of a lot of silver. NO bars (not even 100 oz), few rounds, limited coins. Silver bars are selling on eBay for $17+ an ounce.

Yeah, I am on ebay right now trying to get a few 100 oz bars at a decent number. I should have bought a monster box of eagles from apmex but just can't bring myself to spend 8k at once(that is A LOT of money for me)