Thread: Romney visits Huntsville, AL (Ron Paul supporters make newspaper)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Romney visits Huntsville, AL (Ron Paul supporters make newspaper)

Here is another example of the grassroots supporters out there working hard. Romney came to Huntsville on Wednesday for a fundraiser, and our meetup group wanted to let him know that Huntsville loves Ron Paul. We got a few paragraphs at the end of the Romney trip article:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletim...l=1&thispage=2

Representatives from the newly formed Alabamians For Peace, Prosperity and Freedom - a group supporting the presidential campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas - held signs at the intersection of U.S. 431 and Old Highway 431 Wednesday afternoon where Romney's car was to pass.

Organizer Steve Gordon said he wanted to pass along to the candidate, "a copy of what we call 'The Dummy's Guide to Being President of the United States.' "

After he said so, he pulled out a copy of the U.S. Constitution.

"We want to bring particular attention to the Second Amendment," Gordon said, referring to the right to bear arms. "We want a president with Alabama values, not Massachusetts values."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pulled out the constitution --- that's classic!

love it
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

HEY Im in that group (AL PPF)!!

This is our first press mention too!!!

Steve Gordon is a great asset to this campaign.

I surprised that Romney would even spend time in Alabama. They would never go for a northern anti- gun liberal.

Our main challenge in Dixie will be Phony Fred and Pastor Hucksterbee

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    I surprised that Romney would even spend time in Alabama. They would never go for a northern anti- gun liberal.

Our main challenge in Dixie will be Phony Fred and Pastor Hucksterbee
    The establishment here looks to be moving from McCain to Romney. McCain had a strong organization with the establishment, but not much ground support.

Everyday I am more and more encouraged with our hopes in Alabama. Lots of pro-gun anti-tax folks here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What about Fred?

I went to a gun show in Birmingham back in July and gave out literature. Several people I spoke with said they were supporting Fred Thompson. My fear is that the Alabama folks are going to support Fred. I also went to the West Alabama Republican Alliance straw poll which looked like a Ron Paul rally. So go figure.
    I know of NO ONE who is supporting McCain or Romney. Everyone I know is either a Democrat and supporting Hillary, or they are supporting Fred Thomson, or they are for Ron Paul. Of course I do not run with many mainstream Republican types.

Organizer Steve Gordon said he wanted to pass along to the candidate, "a copy of what we call 'The Dummy's Guide to Being President of the United States.' "

After he said so, he pulled out a copy of the U.S. Constitution.

"We want to bring particular attention to the Second Amendment."
    pwned

Don't you know Romney supports the Constitution and hebelieves Abortion is a States Right issue...

Epic!!!

That quote is hilarious and will resonate with the citizens of Alabama. I dont see how Mitt can get the support of pro-gun southerners

Sheer brilliance! Give that guy a gold star!
    We will win this...

Thumbs down Who gave to Willard ?

It's great you got a paragraph in Romney's article !
    The truly sad part of this to me is Willard Romney can drop in for a couple of hours and take $90,000 out of our state and Dr. Paul hasn't raised half that much in seven months. Who are these people supporting him ? They can't all be mormons we don't have that many in the state to donate that much money !!! He is the biggest phoney in the race in either party, hands down no competition for the title !!!!!!! Gullible, gullible people...

I guess his support is coming from the mormons and the MORONS