Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Market Comic Book

Bump for awesomeness. Irwin Schiff is a great man.

http://www.paynoincometax.com/
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These (esp. "hegawid") need to get reprinted!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is good stuff, thanks for posting up those links!

Fox, the link to the PDF in your post is borked up.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kovaciny View Post
    Fox, the link to the PDF in your post is borked up.
    No longer!

bump
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    Yay! The comic book has been found, and there's a new one that's been added.

Either way:

How and Economy Grows and Why it Does not:
    http://www.takelifeback.com/hegawid/
    http://freedom-school.com/money/how-...nomy-grows.pdf

The Kingdom of Moltz:
    http://www.takelifeback.com/moltz/
    http://www.constitution.org/tax/us-ic/schiff/moltz.pdf

If you guys find any more, post 'em here.
    Amazing book, i learned so much from this. time to tackle "Bull Moves in Bear Markets"
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Thanks! I guess the fact that the book is $49 now shows the effect of inflation!

Thumbs up

~bump~ for a great post! Thanks!

Talking The Most Approachable Known Economics Educational Resources!

I have both How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kindom of Moltz. They are supreme brilliance. These are incredible feats by Irwin Shiff: he made the complex seem simple like never before (as far as I am aware). These two works also serve as exemplary demonstrations on how to educate ANYONE on economics by tranferring information into an enjoyable experience.

Many people are intimidated by economics books. The Austrian approach (human action) is very engaging, but a comic book is even moreso. A comic book is the ideal teaching tool in book form, because of the things we associate them with. First of all, comic books are not intimidating, because we associate them with things even kids can understand. Second, we automatically expect a positive, enjoyable experience from them, because we associate them with comical material and (most) have had only fun experiences with them. Third, it teaches through imagery! Perfect! Imagery is a much more effective teacher than text. You remember a picture, then what you associate with a picture, often permanently. We haven't utilized imagery enough in education.

I think How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't is the most effective (easy to learn) economics book, and the best first economics book, period. It is also the most entertaining. Yet, it doesn't sacrifice content and in fact includes much "surprises;" information you don't usually hear of or learn from other economics resources. Some people will actually need these things taught to them in exactly this way if they ever hope to learn the concepts. I won't run through its content, since you can read it free now, but I do want to go ahead and read it asap if you haven't yet because you won't regret it. It is fun, funny, engaging, and this page demonstrates why it is so educational; the principles that apply in the society in the book apply to any economy, no matter how large or complex. Think of businesses as "gears" and the economy as the "engine:"

The Kindom of Moltz is also incredibly effective, and shorter, which will get people to read it and therefore learn about inflation. Most adults don't even understand how this works, yet it runs our world as we know it and any 8 year old could learn it with The Kindom of Moltz. I would recommend adults who haven't read either How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kindom of Moltz to read them, even if they think they understand the fundamentals of economics, just to brush up. Many of us on here have even reported learning unexpected things from them. Also, revisit them every now and them, again, to brush up. Crystallize. You will see new connections within your evolving (hopefully not too much) perspectives and current events.

A QUESTION FOR EACH OF YOU, do any of you know of any more business educational resources that are taught in comic/cartoon form (on entrepreneurship, economics, etc...)?

I think all of us could benefit from such material, and it would enable us to forward the resources to others as well. Money as Debt is a perfect example and they did a supberb job on that. Watch that as soon as you can if you haven't yet. It's about how banks create money out of thin air and it is also very engaging/entertaining/interesting.

We need more educational material in comic book form; people are just more willing to read it. This is why How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't is in desperate need of a reprint at this particular moment in time. The Kindom of Moltz is needed as well, because of the emphasis on inflation in particular. The only other one I know of along the comic book method is Johnny Bunko, which is excellent, and a perfect example of the types of educational books we need to see more of. I'd recommend it.

I am also aware of a vocabulary building series called Vocabulary Cartoons that is extremely effective.

I have these and would absolutely recommend them!

We need more educational books like this: TEACHING WITH COMICS! It is very, very effective. People want to learn, they just don't want to dread the process of learning. Because of our economic situation (and Ron Paul, Jim Rogers, Peter Shiff, etc...), more and more people are getting interested in Economics at this particular point in time. SO...

Someone please, atleast get How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't back in the bookstores. It will sell today. We need it now more than ever and people ARE interested in it.

(PS> Yes, I joined the forum to give Irwin Shiff's books their due credit and to make the point that comic material is an extremely effective form of education. I love you all for your cause.)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While we're on easy to understand economics, anyone familiar with the Uncle Eric Series by Richard Maybury?

http://www.bluestockingpress.com/uncle-eric-books.htm

The only one I've read in the series is The Money Mystery but it was packed with information and incredibly easy to understand.

Here's Richard Maybury's website: http://www.chaostan.com/
    If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes. ~RockEnds

Quote Originally Posted by emergent order View Post
    I have both How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kindom of Moltz. They are supreme brilliance. These are incredible feats by Irwin Shiff: he made the complex seem simple like never before (as far as I am aware). These two works also serve as exemplary demonstrations on how to educate ANYONE on economics by tranferring information into an enjoyable experience.

Many people are intimidated by economics books. The Austrian approach (human action) is very engaging, but a comic book is even moreso. A comic book is the ideal teaching tool in book form, because of the things we associate them with. First of all, comic books are not intimidating, because we associate them with things even kids can understand. Second, we automatically expect a positive, enjoyable experience from them, because we associate them with comical material and (most) have had only fun experiences with them. Third, it teaches through imagery! Perfect! Imagery is a much more effective teacher than text. You remember a picture, then what you associate with a picture, often permanently. We haven't utilized imagery enough in education.

I think How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't is the most effective (easy to learn) economics book, and the best first economics book, period. It is also the most entertaining. Yet, it doesn't sacrifice content and in fact includes much "surprises;" information you don't usually hear of or learn from other economics resources. Some people will actually need these things taught to them in exactly this way if they ever hope to learn the concepts. I won't run through its content, since you can read it free now, but I do want to go ahead and read it asap if you haven't yet because you won't regret it. It is fun, funny, engaging, and this page demonstrates why it is so educational; the principles that apply in the society in the book apply to any economy, no matter how large or complex. Think of businesses as "gears" and the economy as the "engine:"

The Kindom of Moltz is also incredibly effective, and shorter, which will get people to read it and therefore learn about inflation. Most adults don't even understand how this works, yet it runs our world as we know it and any 8 year old could learn it with The Kindom of Moltz. I would recommend adults who haven't read either How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't and The Kindom of Moltz to read them, even if they think they understand the fundamentals of economics, just to brush up. Many of us on here have even reported learning unexpected things from them. Also, revisit them every now and them, again, to brush up. Crystallize. You will see new connections within your evolving (hopefully not too much) perspectives and current events.

A QUESTION FOR EACH OF YOU, do any of you know of any more business educational resources that are taught in comic/cartoon form (on entrepreneurship, economics, etc...)?

I think all of us could benefit from such material, and it would enable us to forward the resources to others as well. Money as Debt is a perfect example and they did a supberb job on that. Watch that as soon as you can if you haven't yet. It's about how banks create money out of thin air and it is also very engaging/entertaining/interesting.

We need more educational material in comic book form; people are just more willing to read it. This is why How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't is in desperate need of a reprint at this particular moment in time. The Kindom of Moltz is needed as well, because of the emphasis on inflation in particular. The only other one I know of along the comic book method is Johnny Bunko, which is excellent, and a perfect example of the types of educational books we need to see more of. I'd recommend it.

I am also aware of a vocabulary building series called Vocabulary Cartoons that is extremely effective.

I have these and would absolutely recommend them!

We need more educational books like this: TEACHING WITH COMICS! It is very, very effective. People want to learn, they just don't want to dread the process of learning. Because of our economic situation (and Ron Paul, Jim Rogers, Peter Shiff, etc...), more and more people are getting interested in Economics at this particular point in time. SO...

Someone please, atleast get How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't back in the bookstores. It will sell today. We need it now more than ever and people ARE interested in it.

(PS> Yes, I joined the forum to give Irwin Shiff's books their due credit and to make the point that comic material is an extremely effective form of education. I love you all for your cause.)

Umm... welcome to the boards?

http://www.johnnybunko.com/read-it/read-50-of-the-book/

Is the best I could do.... tried to find a pdf for it.. Let us know if anyone can
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

We need more educational books like this: TEACHING WITH COMICS! It is very, very effective. People want to learn, they just don't want to dread the process of learning.
    I agree. These comic books need to be put in print again -- as comic books printed on cheap paper so they can be distributed at very low cost.

Yes, definitely put back into print.. some day now I'll go down to the printing office and see how much I can get them done for each...

Handing them out to local school kids... whilst campaigning locally, now that'd do wonders...

*bump for bruno.*

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Yes, definitely put back into print.. some day now I'll go down to the printing office and see how much I can get them done for each...

Handing them out to local school kids... whilst campaigning locally, now that'd do wonders...

*bump for bruno.*
    A professional reprinting, from the originals, would be ideal. Can anyone track down Schiff and ask him about this?

Talking Irwin Shiff would support the idea!

A professional reprinting, from the originals, would be ideal. Can anyone track down Schiff and ask him about this?
    Irwin Shiff is in prison until 2016, but I have no doubt he would support the idea of reprinting his book.

"Schiff is known for writing and promoting literature that claims the United States income tax is applied incorrectly. He has lost several civil cases against the federal government and has a record of multiple convictions for various federal tax crimes. Schiff is serving a 13-plus year sentence for tax crimes (with his status shown as "in transit" between prison facilities as of August 26, 2008). His projected release date is 7 October 2016."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Schiff

He's in prison for not paying income tax, pointing out that there actually is no law requiring people to pay income taxes. He says there's a major problem with the definition of income; only corporations can make "income," NOT individuals. He's won court cases on it, he's been sent to prison twice now for it, and he got away with it for more than 10 years by attaching his argument to his "all-0" income returns. It is important to understand he is doing this as a stand for individual freedom within the bounds of law, not to simply dodge taxation. He did this to take a stand against government intervention into the freedom of individual's lives beyond the law. It is a stand for the law, it is a stand for freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0yqy06ZEzE

is even "banned." (whatever that is supposed to mean)
    READ THE BOOK HERE FOR FREE, IF YOU DARE. He wrote it in prison.

Considering the fact that he feels so strongly about his beliefs, he would probably be very supportive of reprinting his comic books, even if just to get the word out on sound economics.

----------

CONZA,

Brilliant idea! What a tool to promote a candidate who supports sound free market economics! I could see handing the comic out as being extremely effective in spreading word-of-mouth because it's actually entertaining as well as informative.

There is... What Happened to a Penny Candy

and some other Uncle --- ? books..

I'm looking for those in pdf's? Or audio... or anything!?

Worthy Threads:

He's in prison for not paying income tax, pointing out that there actually is no law requiring people to pay income taxes. He says there's a major problem with the definition of income; only corporations can make "income," NOT individuals. He's won court cases on it, he's been sent to prison twice now for it, and he got away with it for more than 10 years by attaching his argument to his "all-0" income returns. It is important to understand he is doing this as a stand for individual freedom within the bounds of law, not to simply dodge taxation. He did this to take a stand against government intervention into the freedom of individual's lives beyond the law. It is a stand for the law, it is a stand for freedom.
    I disagree that his stance which has thrown him in prison has been productive. It would have been far more productive for him to be outside of prison so he could make more publications that further our cause.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made up a PDF for "How an Economy Grows - and why it doesn't" you can get here.
    My Blog: http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/

Libertarians believe consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want except band together. - Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by gilliganscorner View Post
    I made up a PDF for "How an Economy Grows - and why it doesn't" you can get here.
    It was already in pdf though...

lol good effort though.

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    It was already in pdf though...

lol good effort though.

Awwwh crap. I thought people were asking for it in PDF format.

Sheesh...Feels like my first day.....
    My Blog: http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/

Libertarians believe consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want except band together. - Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by gilliganscorner View Post
    Awwwh crap. I thought people were asking for it in PDF format.

Sheesh...Feels like my first day.....
    Hehe, must have got confused with..

The pdf request for : "What Happened to a Penny Candy"

Worthy Threads:

mod: should this be moved to Liberty Books?

*Bump* for New Posts visibility

*Bump* for New Posts visibility

Worthy Threads:

When was this written?

http://www.takelifeback.com/hegawid/28.gif

It's like that was written as a message for 2008 and the years to come, lol.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We can get by on less because we're not using up energy working!"

Splendid

I just hope people begin waking up to International Governments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcwiPbiMJw

Someone needs to buy all these books / comics - and scan them to pdf and spread them.

They're all out of print and won't come back into print anyway.

C'monnn!

Worthy Threads:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast