Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Market Comic Book

Exclamation Free Market Comic Book

Yay! The comic book has been found, and there's a new one that's been added.

Either way:

How and Economy Grows and Why it Does not:
    http://www.takelifeback.com/hegawid/
    http://freedom-school.com/money/how-...nomy-grows.pdf

The Kingdom of Moltz:
    http://www.takelifeback.com/moltz/
    http://www.constitution.org/tax/us-ic/schiff/moltz.pdf

If you guys find any more, post 'em here.
    Last edited by Fox McCloud; 09-23-2008 at 12:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

THAT'S IT! *Hugs* Oh thank you very very much, I really appreciate that.

Either way, someone posted that online somewhere, only it was in black and white--either way, now that I know the name, I'll look for it...once again, thanks a million!

Written by Peter Schiff's father, Irwin Schiff.....

or

PDF Format
    Last edited by RSLudlum; 08-17-2008 at 12:25 AM.

here's the link to the book, if anyone's interested:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    here's the link to the book, if anyone's interested:

Awesome! ^_^

Awesome!!!!

This is getting saved.... and whenever I have kid's... they'll be Austrian economists at age 6

Muwhaahhhah!
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nice

im gonna have to make a few copies of this
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Written by Peter Schiff's father, Irwin Schiff.....

or

PDF Format
    Excellent--thanks!
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

I'm waiting for the movie version of Rothbard's, "Power and Market".

hmm, I'd like to print this off in booklet format, only I'm having one problem.

in Acrobat reader, I select "booklet", then I set it up so that it prints "both sides"....then I set up my printer to do double-sided printing.

It would work perfectly, except one issue; the first page prints up, and the 2nd page prints upside-down; this pattern continues throughout the entire document.

If I could figure out a way to make sure all the pages are printed up, then I could easily print out the entire book (28 sheets of paper) and staple it together....overall, it'd make an excellent hand-out.

hmm, I'd like to print this off in booklet format, only I'm having one problem.

in Acrobat reader, I select "booklet", then I set it up so that it prints "both sides"....then I set up my printer to do double-sided printing.

It would work perfectly, except one issue; the first page prints up, and the 2nd page prints upside-down; this pattern continues throughout the entire document.

If I could figure out a way to make sure all the pages are printed up, then I could easily print out the entire book (28 sheets of paper) and staple it together....overall, it'd make an excellent hand-out.
    Let me know if you fix this.

'Amazing handout' - you can say that again... I would literally consider, going to primary schools and handing it out... $#@!s you not.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

well, the only solution I've found thus far is to print "front side only", then take out all the papers, reverse the order and put the printed pages in again to print on the other side....of course, I could probably have saved myself the sorting work by telling it to print from "28 to 1" instead of the default "1 to 28".

That said, even if I go with the alternative method (28 to 1), you still will have to reverse the pages once it's all finished printing.

Either way, I have my first booklet ready, I just need a stapler that can go through 28-pages easily.

also, another (smaller) issue is that the dimensions of 2 pages will not completely fill the sheet; you would need 10.4" by 7.65" paper size...definitely not something I've ever seen, let alone heard of before....of course, if you don't mind the extra white trim, then I wouldn't worry about it.

you could very easily get away with making the entire thing black-and-white....since the only thing in color is the cover (this could have you a bit of ink...and narrow it down to only your black ink, as well).

Someone should contact Peter Schiff and see if he can revive this book--currently you can only find it on Amazon and E-bay...and the book is around $50-$60...which is insane for a paper-back book.

well, the only solution I've found thus far is to print "front side only", then take out all the papers, reverse the order and put the printed pages in again to print on the other side....of course, I could probably have saved myself the sorting work by telling it to print from "28 to 1" instead of the default "1 to 28".

That said, even if I go with the alternative method (28 to 1), you still will have to reverse the pages once it's all finished printing.

Either way, I have my first booklet ready, I just need a stapler that can go through 28-pages easily.

also, another (smaller) issue is that the dimensions of 2 pages will not completely fill the sheet; you would need 10.4" by 7.65" paper size...definitely not something I've ever seen, let alone heard of before....of course, if you don't mind the extra white trim, then I wouldn't worry about it.

you could very easily get away with making the entire thing black-and-white....since the only thing in color is the cover (this could have you a bit of ink...and narrow it down to only your black ink, as well).

Someone should contact Peter Schiff and see if he can revive this book--currently you can only find it on Amazon and E-bay...and the book is around $50-$60...which is insane for a paper-back book.
    Yeah indeed. And if he doesnt want to, buy the rights to it. Print, print, print

Worthy Threads:

over 49 dollarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, I actually learned something from that too. Didn't realize the connection between consumer credit and how it affects wealth generation.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by orafi View Post
    over 49 dollarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    better than over nine-thoussssssssannnnndddddd

dollars, that is.

*ahem*

better than over nine-thoussssssssannnnndddddd

dollars, that is.

*ahem*
    Lulz you need to get a new scouter man.

man good thing that price tag aint going super saiyan lyk amirite?!

*Bump for Sally08.*

Worthy Threads:

Fox, thought I would point out this one also, The Kingdom of Moltz

Quote Originally Posted by luke-gr View Post

Is there a pdf anywhere?

Worthy Threads:

This is where Peter gets his island analogy of economies (he greatly expanded on it, even sets up a neighboring island and shows how one island living on credit from another eventually gets owned by the creditor).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    This is where Peter gets his island analogy of economies (he greatly expanded on it, even sets up a neighboring island and shows how one island living on credit from another eventually gets owned by the creditor).
    Where is that?

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Where is that?
    In Crash Proof. It's not just about how to invest in foreign long term dividend paying stocks, over half the book is free market economics and how straying from it burned us hard. It's broken down to simple concepts like his dads comic =)

I just read the comic, much more in depth than I realized, in fact tbh I now understand a little bit more about why capitalism benefits EVERYONE, even greed; I already knew why consumer debt was bad but I can visualize it much easier now!

Quote Originally Posted by luke-gr View Post

good
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

Worthy Threads:

bump... for EPICNESS... seriously folks.. this $#@! can educate an 8year old about inflation..

SEND IT TO YOUR ENTIRE LIST...

Op update your first post, with pdf's for both of irwins books.

Worthy Threads:

*bump* brilliant homeschooler resource!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast