Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Stop arguing like a hypocritical child. You're at an age where you should know better...

Anyways, you surely do believe in affirmative action for the reasons I stated (the one you didn't appear to want to address). The only alternative is discrimination, likely in the form of racism.

C wut I did thar?
    I don't believe in affirmative action programs, are you done insulting me? I see that you've hijacked this thread.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    Is S. Ossetia apart of Russia? No. As far as the UN is concerned, those rebel procinces are uner the authority of the Georgian government.

The UN? lol

Is South Ossetia part of Georgia? Now lets see, Georgia is a brake away province of the USSR, South Ossetia is a brake away province of Georgia, I recommend you don't believe everything you read on the wiki my friend

PS: It's provinces not "procinces" & under not "uner"

USA, Russia, and Georgia are all members of the UN, so they must be endorsing with views of said organization. They are free to leave.
    I find it very interesting that the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council are also the 5 largest military equipment dealer nations in the world.

What is Ron Paul's view of the UN?

Oh, and BTW ......

What is your concern about Darfur? What should be done about it? What should be done about Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK View Post
    The UN? lol

Is South Ossetia part of Georgia? Now lets see, Georgia is a brake away province of the USSR, South Ossetia is a broke away province of Georgia, I recommend you don't believe everything you read on the wiki my friend

PS: It's provinces not "procinces" & under not "uner"
    It's breakaway province not "brake away"

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boycotting is fine, but boycott a nation that is destroyed? That doesn't sound very moral.
    Keep reading this quote, Joe, and tell me it strikes you any differently then if I said "Continue to have a uneven playing field where Blacks are continued to be discriminated against? That doesn't sound very moral..."

Refusal to trade is not aggression. Our trade isn't charity, it's a mutually beneficial exchange of goods.

Keep reading this quote, Joe, and tell me it doesn't strikes you any differently then if I said "Continue to have a uneven playing field where Blacks are continued to be discriminated against? That doesn't sound very moral..."

Refusal to trade is not aggression. Our trade isn't charity, it's a mutually beneficial exchange of goods.
    When did I talk about using government force? You're the one against the free market (((you opposed my arguments for it in the chatroom))) I'm just disagreeing that people should boycott them, and you're getting all stalinesque on me.

When did I talk about using government force? You're the one against the free market (((you opposed my arguments for it in the chatroom))) I'm just disagreeing that people should boycott them, and you're getting all stalinesque on me.
    free market?

Because forced trade is certainly something a free-marketer would want. God forbid we stray from our morals and are forsaken to live cursed lives.

free market?

Because forced trade is certainly something a free-marketer would want. God forbid we stray from our morals and are forsaken to live cursed lives.
    Yeah, you lashed out at me when I said we shouldn't have public education. You can do whatever you want. Go boycott the world for all I care!

Here's the willful ignorance thingy I was talking about earlier.

Here's "starting Joe":

Boycotting is fine, but boycott a nation that is destroyed? That doesn't sound very moral.

Here's "now Joe" :
    Go boycott the world for all I care!

Here's the willful ignorance thingy I was talking about earlier.

Here's "starting Joe":

Here's "now Joe" :
    I'm the same guy. It's ok if you boycott Georgia. I was bringing the humanitarian crisis to your attention. Is it moral to go out of your way to add insult to injury? Go ahead.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will boycott Georgia the puppet state of Bush&co Russia will take care of South Ossetia and will eventually merge with North Ossetia. From all the reports I'm reading on-line is Georgia is the aggressor here and yeah they have committed war crimes by dropping bombs on S. Ossetia.

Now quit hijacking the thread and let others post their opinions freely Mr.LiberterianJoseph without fear of attack from you....

Here's how history should remember this war:

Before:

After:

I will boycott Georgia the puppet state of Bush&co Russia will take care of South Ossetia and will eventually merge with North Ossetia. From all the reports I'm reading on-line is Georgia is the aggressor here and yeah they have committed war crimes by dropping bombs on S. Ossetia.
    Even though Georgia a) responded to Western pressure wrongfully and b) responded to the S Ossetians with excessive force, we can't put all the blame here. After all, the S Ossetians it seems had been attacking Georgia for a few months during a ceasefire, about when Russia began building its forces in S Ossetia.

So, really there is no clear good guy or bad guy. Both have muddled an already tense situation in the famed Shatter Belt.

If you want to boycott, I would say boycott both Russia and Georgia.

By their body count ye shall know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Even though Georgia a) responded to Western pressure wrongfully and b) responded to the S Ossetians with excessive force, we can't put all the blame here. After all, the S Ossetians it seems had been attacking Georgia for a few months during a ceasefire, about when Russia began building its forces in S Ossetia.

So, really there is no clear good guy or bad guy. Both have muddled an already tense situation in the famed Shatter Belt.

I agree. Sounds like this board is full of Russians or something. They just listen to whatever Russia says.

Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

+100000000000000000000000000000
    Both sides suck.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Damn proud Classical Liberal/Minarchist!

I am, but you left out the USA???....

I quit driving unless i must, i ride a bike now and mounted a rack on the back and a baby trailer I buy only what i desperately need, I'm growing my own veggies and don't eat out or buy any ready to eat food, i bake my own bread, make my own pizza, and most of my friends love my home cooking.... I did recently buy an iPhone but thats made in China

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Orlonater View Post
    +100000000000000000000000000000
    Both sides suck.
    All sides suck including the US now for getting in the middle! "KAKA"svili is just a stupid pawn....

All sides suck including the US now for getting in the middle! "KAKA"svili is just a stupid pawn....
    Like you..

Like you..
    I would tell you to kiss my ass but that would be improper so I'll leave you with this thought!

I would tell you to kiss my ass but that would be improper so I'll leave you with this thought!

I don't like commies.

I don't like commies.
    Good, then do something about that commie flipping you off.... lol

I cant believe all this time you still don't get my point... too funny Not that I'm not enjoying it

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of Russia either (in fact, I haven't been back once after I emigrated from there 16 years ago). And I'm sure quite a few bad apples in the Russian army have done bad things during the course of this conflict as well. But overall, the Russian reconquest of South Ossetia after what Georgia did there on Aug 7th is justified, and the way the west has been spinning this is completely inexcusable!

Alex, this has been my point, Russian South Ossetian people wore butchered for no reason.

I know first hand how brutal the so called communists wore trust me i went threw hell and back with them 30 years ago, i love America and have always been very patriotic for the freedom it gave me and my family but the last few years i am seeing things that make Communism look like child's play and most Americans don't see it as they have no first hand experience with communism and are much more wory about how their going to make some money to pay rent, or get drunk, or go out and party or Blu-Ray vs. HDDVD, ps3 vs. xbox or whatever....

The American situation right now after 9/11 is very scary!

Alex, this has been my point, Russian South Ossetian people wore butchered for no reason.

I know first hand how brutal the so called communists wore trust me i went threw hell and back with them 30 years ago, i love America and have always been very patriotic for the freedom it gave me and my family but the last few years i am seeing things that make Communism look like child's play and most Americans don't see it as they have no first hand experience with communism and are much more wory about how their going to make some money to pay rent, or get drunk, or go out and party or Blu-Ray vs. HDDVD, ps3 vs. xbox or whatever....

The American situation right now after 9/11 is very scary!
    That didn't give the right for Russia to target Georgian civilians.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That didn't give the right for Russia to target Georgian civilians.
    You have any proof of that? Link please... specific proof please....

You have any proof of that? Link please... specific proof please....
    Just like you ignored the last articles I posted? No thanks. Just keep talking. All I hear is blah blah blah

It's not my responsibility to spoon feed you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast