Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott Georgia!

Boycott Georgia!

A few months ago I'd be more likely to boycott Russia and praise Georgia for its economic reform efforts, but what it did on August 7th changes everything completely!

Most people have probably never bought anything made in the nation of Sakartvelo (aka Georgia), a possible exception being their main agricultural exports: tea and especially wine. Note what their alphabet looks like and avoid it on all products. When buying European wine, check to make sure it is not from Georgia. If you see a wine store carrying Georgian wine, please let them know that this country has conducted repression and war crimes against its own civilians!

If you know other companies associated with Georgia, please post about them here. Wikipedia currently lists only four: Bank of Georgia, Georgian Airways, TBC Bank, and Wissol Petroleum Georgia.

This idea isn't fully baked yet, but it has to start with something...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

But your government tells you its Russia's fault

And we know the government does not lie, even if there is a pipeline involved. Believe the FEDS, its unamerican not to. USAUSAUSA>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you don't boycott the US, you aren't boycotting Georgia.

I really wish more people were aware of what is really going on over there... Mostly so they can see how blatantly our media loves to lie.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

How about don't boycot anything at all. That's how Ron Paul thinks about it: be stubborn to their internal affairs and trade with them
    ---============[My Ron Paul Videos ]============---
    Ron Paul: The Last One (jan. 2012) | Ron Paul Grassroots Energy (jan. 2012) | The American Upset (nov. 2011)
    Free At Last (jan. 2008) | Ron Paul Rising (dec. 2007)| Land of the Free (nov. 2007)

How about Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by GHoeberX View Post
    How about don't boycot anything at all. That's how Ron Paul thinks about it: be stubborn to their internal affairs and trade with them
    Kind of reminds me of "Boycott IRAN! Boycott IRAQ"
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHoeberX View Post
    No, boycotting is actually free market solution. It is important to separate individual action from state action.

We don't have to be stubborn to the internal affairs of others, we don't have to buy from China, for example. But we also should not make it policy to put blockades or trade restrictions on other countries.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes, Georgia is clearly being a NATO puppet at this point, but one of the purposes of this boycott is to let them know they're not scoring any PR points with the American people. The problem is - they're getting more from out government than they ever could from honest trade. So how do we hurt them?

Don't buy their peaches or peanuts? Stop watching CNN? Don't fly Delta? I'd say don't buy Coca Cola but I'm hooked on the stuff.

I'd say don't buy Coca Cola but I'm hooked on the stuff.
    Hmm what kind of revolutionary is hooked on coca cola??

Boycott Blackwater.
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

So if a family makes wine in Georgia, we should boycott them because of what their government did is wrong?

I never understood the idea of boycotting countries.. it hurts the people we want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post

Boycott Blackwater.
    Well at least one old Truth Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by richardfortherepublic View Post
    So if a family makes wine in Georgia, we should boycott them because of what their government did is wrong?

I never understood the idea of boycotting countries.. it hurts the people we want to help.
    Well I think that the goofy government "thinking" (so called ) goes like this, put pressure on the people, who will then put pressure on their government to change policy.

Frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Does the phrase, "avoid foreign entanglements", ring any bells here?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    You can stop posting now; I think nobody is going to defend 'boycotting georgia' anymore.
    Ron Paul: The Last One (jan. 2012) | Ron Paul Grassroots Energy (jan. 2012) | The American Upset (nov. 2011)
    Free At Last (jan. 2008) | Ron Paul Rising (dec. 2007)| Land of the Free (nov. 2007)

Well I think that the goofy government "thinking" (so called ) goes like this, put pressure on the people, who will then put pressure on their government to change policy.

Frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Well it seems to me that Russia is doing our job for us then..... So why attempt to destroy family business there, if it already hasn't been.

If anything, buy more stuff from Georgia, so they can afford to come here and improve our economy
    Last edited by richardfortherepublic; 08-13-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: there, not their.

No blood for peaches!

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion."
    - Thomas Jefferson

WATCH: The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

READ: Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley

Faux News and CNN Ironic The Communist News Network was just talking about how our market and people on wall street should boycott Russia and dump their stocks! I wonder how much more is Russia going to take from the wets before it gets pissed and do something about it kinda like how the US invaded Iraq for no reason but just because they could?

Quote Originally Posted by richardfortherepublic View Post
    Well it seems to me that Russia is doing our job for us then..... So why attempt to destroy family business there, if it already hasn't been.

If anything, buy more stuff from Georgia, so they can afford to come here and improve our economy
    Avoid foreign entanglements. We got more on our plate here than we can even START to handle.<IMHO>

Here is a question, who has actually been to georgia, talked with the citizens there?
    odds are not many of us and everything we are speaking about is 3rd party assumptions at best.

We get our news from reporters and b.s. networks. What I would want to hear is from ACTUAL residents there and multiple ones to see what they actually believe and know about.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

The first casualty of war, is truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK View Post
    Faux News and CNN Ironic The Communist News Network was just talking about how our market and people on wall street should boycott Russia and dump their stocks! I wonder how much more is Russia going to take from the wets before it gets pissed and do something about it kinda like how the US invaded Iraq for no reason but just because they could?
    We need to just mind our own business.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

Mind our own business? LOL

sure, like that will ever happen..

sad isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Chameleon View Post
    We need to just mind our own business.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseLiberty View Post
    No blood for peaches!
    The Georgia state / Georgia country jokes stopped being funny last week...

Yes, for us it indeed is a "foreign entanglement", and U.S. already is involved through "advisers" and hired mercenaries. But for Russia it isn't. It had negotiated a right to maintain peace-keepers in that disputed region, who were fired on. This disputed region overwhelmingly sides with Russia and most of people living there hold Russian citizenship.

I hate to perpetuate a bad joke about a company based in Atlanta U.S.A., but Coca Cola makes a great beverage for a capitalist revolutionary on the go. Refreshing, readily available, has just the right amount of caffeine, and comes in a calorie-free variety. Coke never initiated force against anybody (though some evil governments might have on their behalf, but it's the government that's evil).

Boycott Blackwater.
    Now we're talking! But how? How do you boycott a company that mostly sells to the government? Tax resistance is the only answer!
    Last edited by Alex Libman; 08-13-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    Here is a question, who has actually been to georgia, talked with the citizens there?
    odds are not many of us and everything we are speaking about is 3rd party assumptions at best.

We get our news from reporters and b.s. networks. What I would want to hear is from ACTUAL residents there and multiple ones to see what they actually believe and know about.
    The thing is, these people don't know everything either. They just see their family being killed and then flee the country; depending on what origin they are from, they'll blame a government or both. In the end, they were also dependent of their Georgian/Russian newschannel.

I've seen it in the Yugoslavian history: muslims on the ground there sometimes said, Milosevic was the guilty guy, but these people judge on their feeling; not on inside knowlegde (which you seem to think). To find the truth, you have to talk to the highlevel people (presidents, ambassadors, negotiators etc.) in about 20 years when they retire. If you are interested in realistic numbers of how many people died etc. it will take about 5 years (with Kosovo it took 5 years too) until they'll come up with a realistic number.

It is important that America keeps East Europen countries on-side, as their support will be needed to accomplish the anti-nuclear defence shield against Iranian (haha) missiles.

Time to piss off Putin and Russia...

Wouldn't want to run out of potential enemies for the military industrial complex.

Why not pay more taxes ? It's all good.

It is helpful to your mortgage repayment, to the National debt, the benefit of your children to support General Electrics, Westinghouse, Viacom, Disney, Time-Warner, Phillip Morris, Simon and Schuster...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast