Thread: Idea to raise money

Idea to raise money

The LSP should have sponsors like the Rally has. Groups could help pay for prizes (that maybe even the losers would get) and they could have a little advertisement or some sort of thing...

what do you think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    The LSP should have sponsors like the Rally has. Groups could help pay for prizes (that maybe even the losers would get) and they could have a little advertisement or some sort of thing...

what do you think?
    Great idea- I say we do it. How about this- put somewhere on the main page a list of: "XXX has donated an $X for the second place winner." (or 1st or 3rd or whatever)- include a small graphic too, list them in top donor order. We can list up to the top 10 on the front page and all of them (minimum of $50) on their own page. We'd reserve the right to not list anything objectionable.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Sounds good to me, but what do you mean when you talk of listing the top ten? Is that exclusive to individuals chipping in for advertising? Doesn't seem fair to bump them off if they've "donated" exclusively for advertising, assuming they don't receive a ticket.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Sounds good to me, but what do you mean when you talk of listing the top ten? Is that exclusive to individuals chipping in for advertising? Doesn't seem fair to bump them off if they've "donated" exclusively for advertising, assuming they don't receive a ticket.
    Basically do it like this- have a "top donor" board for donations made to the PAC that don't receive voting tickets. The intent of the donation is then listed (goes to second place, etc). Only list the top 10 on the front page - else it may be too many, but list them all in a separate page. This could also encourage adding to a donation if you get bumped to the #11 spot.

Just some thoughts... I like this, now all we need is some donors!

As RPH has said else where, the Walk4Freedom is going to pitch in anything extra to go to the second place winner.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Idunno, I definitely don't like the thought of the donor not receiving ANY ad space. Maybe there could be multiple pages of ten, then it'd work like forum with priority. Once a thread goes off the first page of "New Posts", it's much less likely to be posted on again, even moreso when bumped off the second page.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Thinking about this, we may want a new page that reads "Donation" and explains the system and encourage donations, which could also contain the full list. I'm not sure if Ron could take the donations right now but it shouldn't be too hard- it may be something a user can set-up even, IIRC.

At the bottom of the main page we'd list:

Top Donor List:
    -----------------
    Donor 1 - $XXX - donated to second place winner
    Donor 2 - $XX - donated to fourth place winner
    Donor 10 - $XX - donated to fourth place winner
    Full list can be found on our donation page.
    -----------------
    To be added to this, see our donation page. (hyperlinked)

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Idunno, I definitely don't like the thought of the donor not receiving ANY ad space. Maybe there could be multiple pages of ten, then it'd work like forum with priority. Once a thread goes off the first page of "New Posts", it's much less likely to be posted on again, even moreso when bumped off the second page.
    To be clear, what I'm saying would be two pages. The first page lists 1-10 on the home page, the second page lists them all.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Groups could help pay for prizes (that maybe even the losers would get) and they could have a little advertisement or some sort of thing...
    this is a great idea....

question: what would happen if 3rd makes more than 2nd or 2nd makes more than first because of this prize money?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    this is a great idea....

question: what would happen if 3rd makes more than 2nd or 2nd makes more than first because of this prize money?
    The sponsor could stipulate to allow that or not... but we're far from having this as a problem yet.

I talked to Ron of Freeople and it won't be hard to get this done-- but let's try to get someone lined up first before we put in the work to get it all done right. We really need more PR right now- if this can help on that then great-- how should we frame it?

Thanks!