Thread: Peoples choice voting

Peoples choice voting

Sorry if this has been addressed but, is there going to be an informal "peoples choice" feature on the site where those who cannot buy a ticket can still participate, in a limited sense?
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good idea (ie: we haven't thought of it ) so it's not on the roadmap as this point. Of course, we're hoping a $10 ticket is a good price to get Dr. Paul a new friend in Congress.

Otherwise it would be nice to see some people PMing / e-mail voting keys to those who can't afford one when they buy two or more. We're planning on adding a "Key validation" and "Key exchange" function so if you get a voting key you can change it to assure you're the only one who has it.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

There are a couple of different options we could provide through Freeople to handle this --

* Candidate Ratings: each candidate on the site has a "candidate rating" of 1-5 stars. Only registered members of the Freeople site can rate a candidate, and they can only rate them once. Only issue with this approach is we would need all the candidates to generate a profile on the site (or we could do it for them).

* Online Poll: a basic poll like what can be created on RP Forums. Can limit the votes cast to those who are registered members of Freeople, and one vote per person. Also I think we could fairly easily have the results hidden until we are ready to publish them.

Any thoughts?

I am looking for a way to distribute any excess we raise in our w4f effort (yes, I WILL keep dreaming - lol). The reason I raised this is to explore ways this hypothetical excess could be earmarked for a candidate from the LSP. My first thought was the second place candidate, but then the "peoples choice" idea came unbidden into my head and... here we are

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

this is similar to what i was getting at when i said maybe we should have an online poll included.

i know some people may have problems buying tickets, not because of the price or money, but because they don't have credit card/paypal etc...

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    this is similar to what i was getting at when i said maybe we should have an online poll included.

i know some people may have problems buying tickets, not because of the price or money, but because they don't have credit card/paypal etc...
    One can always mail a check:
    http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/form.html

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    One can always mail a check:
    http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/form.html
    Should you not have on the form that 1-9 Tickets are $10 each?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rs3515 View Post
    Should you not have on the form that 1-9 Tickets are $10 each?
    Good catch. That was a cut and paste error.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.