Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Building a complete affordable system for self sufficiency

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    do many states have similar counties?
    Idaho and Montana have no code counties.

    Remember Cap N trade will nationalize the building code so all those counties will be gone.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    It is rewarding to build much of your own infrastructure.
    Coming from a family that built a homestead pretty much from the ground up I can say it is very educational but not for the average person as it takes a lot of dedication and determination.
    A small list of items built by my family.

    Sawmill from an old engine and old burned bed frames that had been straightened on a home built forge using fir bark for fuel. The forge was built from an old bar b que grill.
    router out of vacuumn cleaner moter and rototiller blades for tongue and grove flooring and window sash
    table saws/resaw out of old sawblade mandrel and engine
    paddle wheel to grind wheat flour and cornmeal
    water turbine to pump water for garden irrigation
    Cast and fabricated multiple types of hydro turbines for the electrical power
    windmill out of pine boards and on model T generator
    Remote telephone system from old radio parts
    hydro generator electronic load controllers for the hydro systems
    radio repeater, transceivers and antennas
    foundries for melting aluminum and bronze
    hydro turbine waste heat warmed greenhouse
    formulated casting sand from river sand and clay
    I could go on but I have to get to work!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    It is rewarding to build much of your own infrastructure.
    Coming from a family that built a homestead pretty much from the ground up I can say it is very educational but not for the average person as it takes a lot of dedication and determination.
    A small list of items built by my family.

    Sawmill from an old engine and old burned bed frames that had been straightened on a home built forge using fir bark for fuel. The forge was built from an old bar b que grill.
    router out of vacuumn cleaner moter and rototiller blades for tongue and grove flooring and window sash
    table saws/resaw out of old sawblade mandrel and engine
    paddle wheel to grind wheat flour and cornmeal
    water turbine to pump water for garden irrigation
    Cast and fabricated multiple types of hydro turbines for the electrical power
    windmill out of pine boards and on model T generator
    Remote telephone system from old radio parts
    hydro generator electronic load controllers for the hydro systems
    radio repeater, transceivers and antennas
    foundries for melting aluminum and bronze
    hydro turbine waste heat warmed greenhouse
    formulated casting sand from river sand and clay
    I could go on but I have to get to work!
    I can't tell you how much I respect people who can do things like that. As I'm sure you know, you're a lucky guy to come from such a family.

  6. #34
    Several counties in KY (including mine) are still free from zoning laws and building permits. There is a strong effort afoot, from the federal level, to homogenize the US and make codes and zoning pervasive everywhere. The effort rears its ugly head every few years here and usually succeeds in some trivial, but nonetheless ominous, incremental infringement on property rights. The "agent" of change, here and in some other states, are "Area Development Districts." The administrators are lifelong gov't beauracrats - none being elected. Yet they insert themselves into local gov't by drafting laws and ordinances for asleep-at-the-wheel local elected leaders to rubber stamp. Their leverage is that they are the gatekeepers of most state and federal grant monies (e.g. water, sewer, restoration, housing, industrial park projects)- and they never miss an opportunity to be photographed with the governor, handing a check to some unwitting local elected "leader."

  7. #35
    Bad news for TN building codes...

    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/oc...ll-end-july-1/

    BUILD QUICK - amnesty will end next year!

    -t

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Bad news for TN building codes...

    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/oc...ll-end-july-1/

    BUILD QUICK - amnesty will end next year!

    -t
    That IS bad news! My wife and i were considering trying to sell our house and get something more remote and this may have put the nail in the coffin.


    Are you Knoxvillian tangent?

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    That IS bad news! My wife and i were considering trying to sell our house and get something more remote and this may have put the nail in the coffin.


    Are you Knoxvillian tangent?
    No - MD. I was just searching Google to see if I could find some sort of a list of code free counties when I found that.

    You DO have 8-9 monthe to build, and in general "out buildings" (not ones you live in) have lax to no building codes. Like build the house now and the barn later.

    -t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-26-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Newt Gingrich Gingrich advocated building a mirror system in space to improve earth habitability (1984)
    By rambone in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 10:42 PM
  2. China mega-city building huge security system
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
  3. Debit System Down - How do you complete transaction?
    By UtahApocalypse in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 05:12 AM
  5. Building or renting a professional phonebanking system - fast!
    By Thrashertm in forum Project Help Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •