Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ATTN RON PAUL CHICKS: i need a tent to sleep in (not even joking with this thread)

no luck

why, you got a spot for me?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    no luck

why, you got a spot for me?
    lol
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I don't get it. Is this an act?
    Ron Paul's best political writing? (link)

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I don't get it. Is this an act?
    I wonder what happens if the 'dogg' doesn't find a 'RON PAUL CHICK' to tent with.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    I wonder what happens if the 'dogg' doesn't find a 'RON PAUL CHICK' to tent with.
    People will die.

Better give into his demands...
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    You're probably right. And fortunately, my dog generally likes (non-fearful) females better. Once you're on her "good" list, she's your buddy for life, it's just a matter of getting on that list.
    Do treats work?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Do treats work?
    Nope. I have a method of introducing people to her:

1. Best not done on "her" turf
    2. Walks are her favorite thing, so the introducee holds her leash, the brass clip makes a sound that produces a Pavlovian excitable/happy response
    3. Person takes her for walk and thus is in the "dominant" position, gives her commands--treats are sometimes useful at this point, depending on how distracted by the environment she is.
    4. This is best done without me since she's protective and acts differently when I'm around.
    5. Eventually, the person will be allowed onto her "turf" and soon enough welcomed if this is continued for a couple days.

It's a different story taking her into someone else's house. And there are a very, very few people who she's immediately smitten with. Go figure!
    Last edited by amy31416; 08-22-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

2. Walks are her favorite thing, so the introducee holds her leash, the brass clip makes a sound that produces a Pavlovian excitable/happy response
    3. Person takes her for walk and thus is in the "dominant" position, gives her commands--treats are sometimes useful at this point, depending on how distracted by the environment she is.
    4. This is best done without me since she's protective and acts differently when I'm around.
    Perhaps your dog sees you as a valuable resource she needs to protect from others.
    Meaning, you don't own a dog. A dog owns a human.
    Who works for who?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

5. Eventually, the person will be allowed onto her "turf" and soon enough welcomed if this is continued for a couple days.

It's a different story taking her into someone else's house. And there are a very, very few people who she's immediately smitten with. Go figure!
    Brings to mind how my perception of animals differ from others...
    I was raised on a 1000 acre farm. We had many animals, cows, chickens, horses, rabbits, doves, and dogs.
    All dogs lived free range on a 1000 acres to roam(never allowed in homes- as far as we know they could have been rolling around in cow $#@! all day- dogs tend to like doing that for some reason). The only thing we ever fed them were scraps from the table. what is called "slop".
    But the dogs were great hunters, and very smart. They knew what animals they were to protect and what animals were intruders and thus became their next meal.
    Dogs were utility. We trained them to help us in hunting, to chase game towards us. They worked for us, and I think they were very happy dogs, living the life of a dog.
    I think the dog whisperer would be proud.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Perhaps your dog sees you as a value resource she needs to protect from others.
    Meaning, you don't own a dog. A dog owns a human.
    Who works for who?
    Ha, she owns me. She definitely considers me her property to protect, you're absolutely right. With some abused dogs, this goes hand in hand.

If I'm in the anthropomorphizing mood, I could say that she fears going back to her "old life" and it is in her best interest to protect the person who provides for her. She's a very sweet dog once the introduction is out of the way, but there are very few people who could just walk in without incurring her wrath. She's never bitten anyone, but she's come close with a few men who thought I was being ridiculous and "all dogs like them." Silly boys.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Brings to mind how my perception of animals differ from others...
    I was raised on a 1000 acre farm. We had many animals, cows, chickens, horses, rabbits, doves, and dogs.
    All dogs lived free range on a 1000 acres to roam(never allowed in homes- as far as we know they could have been rolling around in cow $#@! all day- dogs tend to like doing that for some reason). The only thing we ever fed them were scraps from the table. what is called "slop".
    But the dogs were great hunters, and very smart. They knew what animals they were to protect and what animals were intruders and thus became their next meal.
    Dogs were utility. We trained them to help us in hunting, to chase game towards us. They worked for us, and I think they were very happy dogs, living the life of a dog.
    I think the dog whisperer would be proud.
    Well, dogs have always been companions to me, so a slightly different experience. She gets fed regular dry dog food, supplemented with leftovers and scraps. All the stuff I won't eat--like skin/organs etc, though I do cook them for her. She's also a very good hunter, but doesn't eat what she catches, I honestly don't think she would unless she were pretty hungry.

She still retains the tendency to roll in smelly things--I used to take her to game parks during the off-season to go for long romps, and she found a several day old dead creature to roll in--the stench was far, far worse than when she got sprayed by a skunk. I had to make up a concoction of peroxide, dish soap and baking soda to even begin to get that putrid smell out. She also decided earlier that day that it was a good idea to try to go after a horse--she's usually smart, but not always.

Well, dogs have always been companions to me, so a slightly different experience. She gets fed regular dry dog food, supplemented with leftovers and scraps. All the stuff I won't eat--like skin/organs etc, though I do cook them for her. She's also a very good hunter, but doesn't eat what she catches, I honestly don't think she would unless she were pretty hungry.

She still retains the tendency to roll in smelly things--I used to take her to game parks during the off-season to go for long romps, and she found a several day old dead creature to roll in--the stench was far, far worse than when she got sprayed by a skunk. I had to make up a concoction of peroxide, dish soap and baking soda to even begin to get that putrid smell out. She also decided earlier that day that it was a good idea to try to go after a horse--she's usually smart, but not always.
    Keeping dogs in packs will increase their intelligence.
    For example, a pack of dogs are playing around with a horse, the horse kicks one of the dogs. He screams in pain. The other dogs decide it might not be a good idea to walk up close to a horse and excite it.
    The gained knowledge is then passed through generations in the pack.

I still haven't figure out the rolling around in smelly stuff part.
    I have some theories...
    1. instict carried on from generations of survival... mask your own sent.
    The other animals won't know a dog is around if all they smell is $#@!. Sense of smell is very important for a lot of animals.

2. they think rotting flash smells like Channel cologne. what smells bad to us, may smell good to them.
    I spent a lot of time observing animal and human behavior. Wasn't much else to do on the farm.
    but i didn't notice some major differences in world perceptions,
    for instance, in a group of dogs, one of them stops to eat some poop.
    none of the other dogs seem to notice, nor care.
    None of them laugh at him for his stupidity, nor does the guitly dog seem shameful.
    It seems their ability for abstract thinking and developing social rules regarding diet may be quite different from ours.

Living in the middle of alexandria, i noticed that the animals here seem to be less intelligent, cut off from most of thier primal insticts.
    But i have noticed new traits in city dwelling animals. Most of them use the sidewalks. Years of walking animals down sidewalks has had an unintended consequence. But may show how instictual behavior can be bred into an animal through repeated behaviors. (may be linked to rolling in $#@!)
    Last edited by torchbearer; 08-22-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Lol this thread is hilarious. But may I ask why ca't you just buy a tent and bring it with you? Besides, you get more room for yourself.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Damn proud Classical Liberal/Minarchist!

[QUOTE=amy31416;
    She still retains the tendency to roll in smelly things--I used to take her to game parks during the off-season to go for long romps, and she found a several day old dead creature to roll in--the stench was far, far worse than when she got sprayed by a skunk. I had to make up a concoction of peroxide, dish soap and baking soda to even begin to get that putrid smell out. She also decided earlier that day that it was a good idea to try to go after a horse--she's usually smart, but not always. [/QUOTE]

I have to say this. My old hermit neighbor asked me to cut his hair ao I proceeded to do, but his hair was so dirty. wHEN i finished I told him I would never cut his hair again if it was dirty. He shouted at me and said it was clean dirt. We both looked over at my dog and he was rolling in the cut hair. He never came with dirty hair again. Ha ha.

Shemdogg's thread has been hijacked.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    I have to say this. My old hermit neighbor asked me to cut his hair ao I proceeded to do, but his hair was so dirty. wHEN i finished I told him I would never cut his hair again if it was dirty. He shouted at me and said it was clean dirt. We both looked over at my dog and he was rolling in the cut hair. He never came with dirty hair again. Ha ha.
    HAHA! Oh man, you know you need a shower if the dog wants to roll in your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Shemdogg's thread has been hijacked.
    Nuh uh, we're talking about doggy behavior.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nuh uh, we're talking about doggy behavior.
    That's what I thought... It seems that the consensus is that sleeping outside in the cow $#@! is going to help Shemdogg find a mate.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Homer View Post
    That's what I thought... It seems that the consensus is that sleeping outside in the cow $#@! is going to help Shemdogg find a mate.
    I believe that to be 100% true. He must mask his human odor with cow dung and sneak up on unsuspecting females.

Worked for thousands of years, or so I've heard.

I believe that to be 100% true. He must mask his human odor with cow dung and sneak up on unsuspecting females.

Worked for thousands of years, or so I've heard.
    Now where did you hear that?????

Shem, I found one for ya'

for Ron Stock '09.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted to go out with Ron Paul chicks back in October last year?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by The_Orlonater View Post
    Lol this thread is hilarious. But may I ask why ca't you just buy a tent and bring it with you? Besides, you get more room for yourself.
    cause i'm not trying to bring a tent on a plane and then hitchhike 50 miles with it

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Morris View Post
    Aren't you the same guy who wanted to go out with Ron Paul chicks back in October last year?
    i mean, sure, i've wanted to for months, but i didn't make a thread about it... i wasn't even a rpf member

cause i'm not trying to bring a tent on a plane and then hitchhike 50 miles with it
    You plan on hitchhiking 50 miles?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    u got a better idea?
    What day are you getting there? I am flying in on the 1st, I might be able to give you a ride.

Shemm, try this instead

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w4m/

Stay in a nice pad for a few days, just be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    Now where did you hear that?????
    From me, I made it up. :P

From me, I made it up. :P
    Yeah I thought so like if you rub your face in Chicken manure you won't get the flu because there is something in it to kill germs.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast