Thread: The Purple Pill Gateway Drug To Ron Paul's Red Pill?

The Purple Pill Gateway Drug To Ron Paul's Red Pill?

Have you seen this yet?
    Four years from now, will Ron Paul run for President again?

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/07/...ron-paul/1280/

Many Ron Paul supporters reference the movie “The Matrix”, saying they swallowed the “red pill” when they discovered Ron Paul. They mean that Ron Paul woke them up from their slobbering apathetic slumber to the reality of a country spinning away from the rule of law in its Constitution.

There is a certain amount of “baggage” that comes along with being a Ron Paulian. You will be deemed extreme. You will be called crazy. You will be labeled a conspiracy nut. The truth is secondary to the insult to these blind and naked mobs. This and other factors like scientific polling data and little main stream media attention caused mass belief that Ron Paul was “unelectable” in 2008. If we can present a “purple pill” to these blind and naked mobs, one they can swallow a bit easier than the big red one, by the time 2012 comes around Ron Paul may magically become the most electable candidate in (or out of) the race.

The first reaction is, “Ron Paul will be too old in 2012 to run again.” This may or may not be true. 2012 is only 4 years away and no matter who takes office in 2008 it is growing increasingly likely that most Americans will be worse off 4 years from now. Ron Paul is as healthy as he can be now. There is no reason to believe he won’t maintain that health for the next 4-8 years. Will the American people be willing to accept a 76 year old Presidential candidate as viable? If it gets bad enough, maybe.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/07/...ron-paul/1280/

Enjoy.
    Follow Liberty Maven on Twitter

Liberty Maven: A Google News Source, if you'd like to become a contributing author PM me for details.
    Ammo for Sale: Find IN STOCK Ammunition with the ammo search engine.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks. we need to get working on that purple pill.
    I say we use turpentine.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

no- castor oil!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Congress is the most important.
    they are supported by a magical money machine. you will never be able to defeat them until that machine is broken.

Unfortunately, I don't think Americans would vote for a 76 year old.

RCA is right, Congress is the most important. As a matter of fact, the House of Representatives is supposed to be the people's house in DC. Hence the short 2 year terms.

Almost all incumbents need to be voted out and more third parties need to be voted in.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think Americans would vote for a 76 year old.

RCA is right, Congress is the most important. As a matter of fact, the House of Representatives is supposed to be the people's house in DC. Hence the short 2 year terms.

Almost all incumbents need to be voted out and more third parties need to be voted in.
    well funded candidates rarely lose.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    they are supported by a magical money machine. you will never be able to defeat them until that machine is broken.
    Money only goes so far. If a district as a whole is wide awake, the incumbent could spend $50 mil on his campaign and still lose.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    Money only goes so far. If a district as a whole is wide awake, the incumbent could spend $50 mil on his campaign and still lose.
    you won't get your message to enough people with no money.

I highly doubt RP will be healthy enough to run in 2012, but if he is then Im all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    you won't get your message to enough people with no money.
    It depends.

For typical local politicians, whether new to politics or involved for many years, either way to the average voter all of them have zero name recognition. The average voter looks at the names on the ticket and first says "who the hell are these people?" then votes for someone because of their party. If one is brand new to politics and public life, then yes, in order to run a competitive campaign, they have to have a LOT of money on hand to buy the signs, TV ads, paper ads, radio ads, etc.

However, there are those rare candidates who don't need money to be competitive. These are people who have great name recognition before joining the race. For example, maybe someone who has been doing local community service work for the last 30 years. Or maybe someone who used to play sports. Or perhaps anyone well known in the entertainment industry.

A good example is Jesse Ventura. He says he never spends more on a campaign than he'd earn for the job if elected. Compared to his opponents, he barely spends anything on his campaign. Yet he is able to compete from his entertainment background. Yes candidates like this are extremely rare, but I wouldn't say so definitively that one MUST have boatloads of money to compete for office. They just need name recognition--and if one is an unknown, then yes, they need the money to buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulfan05 View Post
    I highly doubt RP will be healthy enough to run in 2012, but if he is then Im all for it!
    He'll be healthy, don't worry. The only question is if he would want to run again.